New York Knicks' Season Opener Game Thread...and on

BroadwayJoe12

What Seed Will the Knicks Get?? (I say 6th)  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What Seed Will The Knicks Get?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Between the Knicks and Nuggest rosters you have 1 good basketball team except we have the superstars and they have all the role players. It's much easier to get role players than super stars.

This.

The media ignores the fact that the Knuggets have been awful against the Thunder this series. Yeah, everyone loved them when they had a great regular season record, but that's meaningless in the postseason.

Mosgov has had 3 DNPCD

Danilio G1 18pts, G2 7pts, G3 6pts

Wilson G1 9pts G2 4pts G3 3pts

Felton G1 12pts G2 16pts G3 6pts

This.

The media ignores the fact that the Knuggets have been awful against the Thunder this series. Yeah, everyone loved them when they had a great regular season record, but that's meaningless in the postseason.

Mosgov has had 3 DNPCD

Danilio G1 18pts, G2 7pts, G3 6pts

Wilson G1 9pts G2 4pts G3 3pts

Felton G1 12pts G2 16pts G3 6pts

I was watching the game last night, too. Danilo, Wilson and Felton were all exposed as mid-level role players, and Denver is going to be on the hook to overpay Wilson when his contract expires this off-season. Granted, they were each playing against guys in Durant and Westbrook that are way out of their league, but I don't think Carmelo would fold up the way those guys did. If you're going to really evaluate the sense behind the trade, I think you have to wait a few years to see how/if each team can build around what they got. If, as Vecsey says, the Knicks are completely hamstrung with the impending new smaller cap, and it's Stoudemire, Melo and Bill Walker for the next three years, then it was a bad trade. Conversely, if Denver goes out and scores an Andrew Bynum (or some such 4/5 that can score), they could be good pretty quickly, imo.

And, of course, the X-factor is finding out just how bad Dolan is going to screw up the post-Walsh transition. Does he go the safe route and promote Allen Houston (wherein Houston is little more that the puppet of Dolan?) or does Dolan say "FU" to the world and bring Isiah back, in which case the Knicks go right back into the abyss?

I was watching the game last night, too. Danilo, Wilson and Felton were all exposed as mid-level role players, and Denver is going to be on the hook to overpay Wilson when his contract expires this off-season. Granted, they were each playing against guys in Durant and Westbrook that are way out of their league, but I don't think Carmelo would fold up the way those guys did. If you're going to really evaluate the sense behind the trade, I think you have to wait a few years to see how/if each team can build around what they got. If, as Vecsey says, the Knicks are completely hamstrung with the impending new smaller cap, and it's Stoudemire, Melo and Bill Walker for the next three years, then it was a bad trade. Conversely, if Denver goes out and scores an Andrew Bynum (or some such 4/5 that can score), they could be good pretty quickly, imo.

And, of course, the X-factor is finding out just how bad Dolan is going to screw up the post-Walsh transition. Does he go the safe route and promote Allen Houston (wherein Houston is little more that the puppet of Dolan?) or does Dolan say "FU" to the world and bring Isiah back, in which case the Knicks go right back into the abyss?

What do you mean back?

I was watching the game last night, too. Danilo, Wilson and Felton were all exposed as mid-level role players, and Denver is going to be on the hook to overpay Wilson when his contract expires this off-season.

Gee, what a crazy way to look at that. If only the 4-5 reasonable people around here had tried explaining this at the time of the Melo trade. Could have saved everyone a ton of time.

He got hurt trying to show off...no pity for Amare...

For a kid that's always pissing and moaning about his ACL surgeries, you'd think you'd have some respect for a guy who's come back from micro-fracture knee surgery (which makes an ACL repair look like a routine fluid draining) and a detached retina. I absolutely love out of shape half-athletes, washed-up athletes or old men on football forums complaining about an elite physical specimen and competitor who guts it out through back spasms. I mean are you kidding me? If any of you have had back spasms and done more than lay on the floor watching tv or go to a PT and get put in traction I'd be blow away.

For a kid that's always pissing and moaning about his ACL surgeries, you'd think you'd have some respect for a guy who's come back from micro-fracture knee surgery (which makes an ACL repair look like a routine fluid draining) and a detached retina. I absolutely love out of shape half-athletes, washed-up athletes or old men on football forums complaining about an elite physical specimen and competitor who guts it out through back spasms. I mean are you kidding me? If any of you have had back spasms and done more than lay on the floor watching tv or go to a PT and get put in traction I'd be blow away.

The dude had his legs wrapped from ankle to thigh and managed to still get out there with back spasms. Really can't imagine too many guys pulling that off. Still remember when Bird was going like 5-10 minutes at a time and then just laying down in front of the bench the last few years of his career. Excruciating stuff.

Have to say as well, I've never encountered a stranger oddity in all my years of posting on Jet forums than the trolling that goes on in the Knick thread. For a franchise that's been at the depths of hell for 10 years and only a 6-seed this season, people sure do sweat them a ton.

Have to say as well, I've never encountered a stranger oddity in all my years of posting on Jet forums than the trolling that goes on in the Knick thread. For a franchise that's been at the depths of hell for 10 years and only a 6-seed this season, people sure do sweat them a ton.

Well to be fair, the other 29 NBA teams don't have an idiot like Madmike rooting for them

The dude had his legs wrapped from ankle to thigh and managed to still get out there with back spasms. Really can't imagine too many guys pulling that off. Still remember when Bird was going like 5-10 minutes at a time and then just laying down in front of the bench the last few years of his career. Excruciating stuff.

I remember that as well. For people who really got into the game during Jordan's heyday they probably never realized how good Bird really was because of how he had to gut things out those last few years. The guy would just lay there and stretch out his back trying to get something loose enough to allow him to play. The nuttiest thing is that he basically made the back get worse or start on the path to being bad by doing work around his home. I think on the Magic vs Bird special on HBO they talked about that as well, going so far as to say Bird laid down his moms driveway is what caused it.

Anwyay I cant see why anyone complains about the Knicks this year. With or without Melo this was the best thing they had going in like a decade. At least they gave the fans two good games and had they pulled one of those off I bet it would have gone 6 games. The last time they were in against the Nets it was a joke. This was competitive for 2 games and their guys got hurt. The only thing that would make me nervous is hearing the radio folks talking about how Billups is a key ingredient to the team and how they missed him so much. He just so not a fit for the Knicks and I would hope those radio folks arent somehow in the know with the Knicks thinking on him. I know its only 1 year but they would be better off without him and finding someone with legs that can distribute and then hope they can get a good guy in free agency in a year.

I remember that as well. For people who really got into the game during Jordan's heyday they probably never realized how good Bird really was because of how he had to gut things out those last few years. The guy would just lay there and stretch out his back trying to get something loose enough to allow him to play. The nuttiest thing is that he basically made the back get worse or start on the path to being bad by doing work around his home. I think on the Magic vs Bird special on HBO they talked about that as well, going so far as to say Bird laid down his moms driveway is what caused it.

I remember that. They were saying he used to lay down in the aisles of the plane during road trips.

That's kind of another problem with D'Antoni for me. He ran Amare right into the ground up until the Melo trade. Simmons calculated the numbers in the 3 weeks leading up to the All Star break a while back and it was something like 60 billion minutes played in 15 games. Makes sense for a guy with a history like his, right? No, no need to try and balance it out for a playoff push. I don't think it's any coincidence that he broke down at all. I think if no season is good for anyone next year is good for anyone, it's Amare.

Anwyay I cant see why anyone complains about the Knicks this year. With or without Melo this was the best thing they had going in like a decade. At least they gave the fans two good games and had they pulled one of those off I bet it would have gone 6 games. The last time they were in against the Nets it was a joke. This was competitive for 2 games and their guys got hurt. The only thing that would make me nervous is hearing the radio folks talking about how Billups is a key ingredient to the team and how they missed him so much. He just so not a fit for the Knicks and I would hope those radio folks arent somehow in the know with the Knicks thinking on him. I know its only 1 year but they would be better off without him and finding someone with legs that can distribute and then hope they can get a good guy in free agency in a year.

It's really odd. Everyone was screaming for the Knicks to land 2 superstars and at least the 6-seed for this season, which is exactly what they did. Literally, every talk show and site said that should be the Knicks goal. That's what they did, and now it's a problem? We signed two great players and in the process the coach and GM got exposed. Those are good things. Talent is present, you know what the problems are, and that you need to fix from a roster and FO perspective. Dolan's a wild card of course but once you start stating the worst case scenario as inevitable fact, the discussion becomes kind of pointless.

I remember that. They were saying he used to lay down in the aisles of the plane during road trips.

That's kind of another problem with D'Antoni for me. He ran Amare right into the ground up until the Melo trade. Simmons calculated the numbers in the 3 weeks leading up to the All Star break a while back and it was something like 60 billion minutes played in 15 games. Makes sense for a guy with a history like his, right? No, no need to try and balance it out for a playoff push. I don't think it's any coincidence that he broke down at all. I think if no season is good for anyone next year is good for anyone, it's Amare.

It's really odd. Everyone was screaming for the Knicks to land 2 superstars and at least the 6-seed for this season, which is exactly what they did. Literally, every talk show and site said that should be the Knicks goal. That's what they did, and now it's a problem? We signed two great players and in the process the coach and GM got exposed. Those are good things. Talent is present, you know what the problems are, and that you need to fix from a roster and FO perspective. Dolan's a wild card of course but once you start stating the worst case scenario as inevitable fact, the discussion becomes kind of pointless.

What went on with Amare really reflects badly on the FO, IMO. Hes a 34 mpg kind of guy that was probably around 38 this year with a ton more touches than usual. His game is built upon his legs and he already has cranky knees. Hes not young and you have a long term commitment to him. At some pointg the FO has to tell the coach you cant ride him that hard. We need him for the long haul. With the botten rung of the East being so bad the Knicks should have been able to cruise into the playoffs even if they sat him to let him rest up.

People should be happy with what the Knicks did. They got their pieces and now they can build around them. You can be disappointed with the coach and the fact that there is no offense without a competent point guard but this was the best year the team had in a decade and they have 2 legit superstars that should mean long term potential and not just a fluke one year run.

Knicks fans have developed such a defeatist mentality. Im sorry, they got swept...only team to be swept. Guys jacking up horrible shots. The crowd with an embarrassing standing ovation.

Two primadonna superstars. Scrubs everywhere else. I love the Knicks but I have zero confidence in this team going forward, especially if this coach is brought back.

Wow they really did a standing ovation after being humiliated in a 4 game sweep while one of their "superstars" completley pussied out when the going got tough...... LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How did he pussy out? Injuries do happen, you know? He played the entire game on Sunday.

How did he pussy out? Injuries do happen, you know? He played the entire game on Sunday.

Matt, D.Rose is limping around in a boot getting ready to play tonight.D Wade had a migrane but still played. Amare has a muscle strain in his back and is out during crunch time??? I've seen players in the regular season fight through that and play! Dude should've been out there for 2nd half of game 2 and put forth no effort the rest of the series. The knicks had a legit chance to beat Boston, but not when Amare isn't on the floor. I lost alot of repsect for Amare but also changed my opinion on Melo. Melo's game 2 performance was unbelievable. It was Melo vs. the boston Celttics and he damn near beat them on his own. Thats a superstar coming through when you need him most. I think the bad calls in the first 2 games killed amare's motivation to get out there and play hard and he milked that back strain injury in route to back to back pathetic performances.

Matt, D.Rose is limping around in a boot getting ready to play tonight.D Wade had a migrane but still played. Amare has a muscle strain in his back and is out during crunch time??? I've seen players in the regular season fight through that and play!

Lol, with back spasms? Tell me you're just trolling and you're not this dumb.

D.Rose is limping around in a boot getting ready to play tonight.D Wade had a migrane but still played. Amare has a muscle strain in his back and is out during crunch time???

I know that calling Amar'e soft makes you feel better about the lack of testicular fortitude possessed by your team's PF, but allow me to explain it agin... constant, localized pain is manageable. Debilitating pain that pops up out of nowhere is not.

Madmike >>>>>>>>>> Falcon

-realtalk-

Kobe?

What went on with Amare really reflects badly on the FO, IMO. Hes a 34 mpg kind of guy that was probably around 38 this year with a ton more touches than usual. His game is built upon his legs and he already has cranky knees. Hes not young and you have a long term commitment to him. At some pointg the FO has to tell the coach you cant ride him that hard. We need him for the long haul. With the botten rung of the East being so bad the Knicks should have been able to cruise into the playoffs even if they sat him to let him rest up.

People should be happy with what the Knicks did. They got their pieces and now they can build around them. You can be disappointed with the coach and the fact that there is no offense without a competent point guard but this was the best year the team had in a decade and they have 2 legit superstars that should mean long term potential and not just a fluke one year run.

That's the problem with Dolan. Believe me, I have probably seen it up closer than most of you. D'Antoni is in a tough spot because he has to do something or he's getting canned. Walsh has no security and no ability to keep the coach if he wants even if the guy performs well and does exactly what Walsh wants. It's a ******* mess and it has been for years. I was there through Sumner Redstone and Araskog and this is even more of a different world than you'd think.

Matt, D.Rose is limping around in a boot getting ready to play tonight.D Wade had a migrane but still played. Amare has a muscle strain in his back and is out during crunch time??? I've seen players in the regular season fight through that and play! Dude should've been out there for 2nd half of game 2 and put forth no effort the rest of the series. The knicks had a legit chance to beat Boston, but not when Amare isn't on the floor. I lost alot of repsect for Amare but also changed my opinion on Melo. Melo's game 2 performance was unbelievable. It was Melo vs. the boston Celttics and he damn near beat them on his own. Thats a superstar coming through when you need him most. I think the bad calls in the first 2 games killed amare's motivation to get out there and play hard and he milked that back strain injury in route to back to back pathetic performances.

A migraine? Seriously? Give him some Midol and get over it.

Lol, with back spasms? Tell me you're just trolling and you're not this dumb.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/11/24/heat-bosh.ap/index.html

And that was a regular season game. Your boy is soft...end of story.

EDIT: I will add i have never had them myself and also have a football mentality where if it's not broken you play. So maybe i'm in the wrong.

Archived