Scary but true

KINGDIRK

In fact lets do a little math. Sanchez has completed 136 of 254. Factor in the 13 drops from your half-assed stats plus Braylon's two drops, Shonn Greene's drop from the Ravens game and the Packers game, LT's drop from the Packer's game, and those two INTS which were complete crap, and Sanchez has a completion percentage of 61.4% and thats not even all of the drops. All while Cindy Bieber has a completion percentage of 63.6%.

Should we factor in all the dropped INT's as well?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole thing is clearly written with an agenda. The author decided on a stance and then twisted the facts to prove his idea. Consider that the point is made how apparently going five games without an interception means absolutely nothing, because picks were dropped, but then immediately turns around to ridicule Sanchez for throwing 5 picks in the last 3 games, ignoring that 2 of those 5 were completions that were incorrectly called INTs after the receiver was stripped of the ball on the ground.

The completion percentage does need to be worked on (but in fairness, so do the number of drops), but as has already been stated, you only need to watch the games to see Sanchez has clearly significantly improved from last year.

In 2002 Brady completed 64% of his passes, threw for 3,764 yards and 28 TDs.

In 2005 Brady completed 65% of his passes, threw for 4,110 yards and 28 TDs.

You don't consider those good stats?

Neither Moss nor Welker were around then.

Yet in a 5 year span between 2001 and 2005, those were the only two years they didn't win a Super Bowl. So what was your point exactly?

Sure, but if you want to micromanage INTs, then you need to look at some ridiculously bad throws where the DB just flat out dropped the ball.

Which the author did do, but that's why you don't do those sort of things, because that crap always has a tendency to balance out. Every QB in the league has near picks and every QB has BS picks. If you're going to count INTs every time a defender drops a ball, then you need to discount them every time it's the receivers fault. To do one and not the other, and for one specific QB, is clearly pushing an agenda.

Ah yes, the inherent flaw in analyzing stats... and not watching games. You want to see whether or not Sanchez has improved? Watch last years games, then watch this years.

More specifically... watch last year's Saints and Bills games. Then watch the playoff run, and the game-winning drives from this year.

He's gotten better... I don't care what the stats geeks drum up, he's gotten better.

Dis (aka, this, in badass itilian mafia godfather voice)

stat nerds make me laugh

the drops goes both ways, but as parcells used to say I go by what I see

I see a guy looking off safeties more, better pocket awareness, and he responds and bounces back from adversity

if shotty convinces rex to turn him loose, he will kick some serious a$$

Yet in a 5 year span between 2001 and 2005, those were the only two years they didn't win a Super Bowl. So what was your point exactly?

I guess you didn't read the entire thread.

I replied to a poster who said Brady never had good stats without Moss nd Welker.

Brady had very good numbers prior to Moss and Welker.

That's my point.

Whoopee, the Jets win 2 meaningless regular season games.

The Jets have the exact number of playoff wins against the Pats as they do in AFC Championship games.

And that answer is ZERO.

you left out last years playoff results for both teams

why ?

I must have missed it, when did Sanchez beat the Pats in the playoffs or win an AFC Chapionship game?

Last time I checked, Sanchez had a halftime lead in the AFCCG with the #1 ranked defense, and he still lost the game.

last time i checked brady just got embarassed by the browns.

I must have missed it, when did Sanchez beat the Pats in the playoffs or win an AFC Chapionship game?

Last time I checked, Sanchez had a halftime lead in the AFCCG with the #1 ranked defense, and he still lost the game.

Thats BS Mike & you know it...stop with the crap.

The Jets never lost to the Pats with Sanchez. Its a new era now and its time for you to get with it old man. And how is it Sanchez's fault the D gave up 17 points in the second half of the title game? Exactly, its not, but you trolls have nothing else to go on.

Oh I forgot, congrats losing yet another AFCCG.

Why do Jets fans think LOSING in an AFCCG is some sort of significant accomplishment?

you like to bring up beating us in 06, but Brady blew a huge lead in the AFC title game vs Indy, by which point, according to you Chowds, he was a 1st ballot hall of famer. Sanchez lost an AFC title game in his rookie year. What was Brady doing in his rookie year? Thats right, he was riding more wood than a Homo in Boston (so more than he is now).

Non-stats:

Doing the following things he didn't do last year:

-Leading 4th quarter comebacks

-Running the 2 minute drill effectively

-Less panic

-Throwing the ball away instead of forcing it into coverage

-Has not taken a jump in INT % or a drop in completion %, despite throwing the ball much more often (would seem to lead to those stats from an inexperienced QB)

Stats people:

I'm O.K. with taking into account dropped picks. No problem. The issue is: what's inordinate? You really have to calculate the average number of dropped picks per throws, NFL-wide. Even then it's problematic but it would be better than nothing.

I'm surprised that anyone who has followed Sanchez would say that he's taken a step back this season. With plain eyes, it's hard to say that.

Non-stats:

Doing the following things he didn't do last year:

-Leading 4th quarter comebacks

-Running the 2 minute drill effectively

-Less panic

-Throwing the ball away instead of forcing it into coverage

-Has not taken a jump in INT % or a drop in completion %, despite throwing the ball much more often (would seem to lead to those stats from an inexperienced QB)

Stats people:

I'm O.K. with taking into account dropped picks. No problem. The issue is: what's inordinate? You really have to calculate the average number of dropped picks per throws, NFL-wide. Even then it's problematic but it would be better than nothing.

I'm surprised that anyone who has followed Sanchez would say that he's taken a step back this season. With plain eyes, it's hard to say that.

He has progressed this year and I'm pleased with it. Maybe some people thought he would have a year like Manning had in 99, which really isn't fair to expect any QB going onto his second year to progress as quickly as a once in a generation talent like Peyton Manning.

you sure get cranky when you get owned over and over again

let me spell it out for you since you aren't man enough to give credit where credit is due

since sanchez became a jet:

he is 2-1 vs shady brady and bill belicheat

he is 2-1 in the playoffs

shady brady and bill belicheat are 1-2 vs sanchez

shady brady and bill belicheat are 0-1 in the playoffs

was that so hard ?

you sure get cranky when you get owned over and over again

let me spell it out for you since you aren't man enough to give credit where credit is due

since sanchez became a jet:

he is 2-1 vs shady brady and bill belicheat

he is 2-1 in the playoffs

shady brady and bill belicheat are 1-2 vs sanchez

shady brady and bill belicheat are 0-1 in the playoffs

was that so hard ?

Now that's a really funny post.

You never address Sancehez failure in the AFCCG when he couldn't do a damn thing to win a game when he had a halftime lead and the number #1 ranked defense behind him

How can you let a guy with the screen name JETSFANSSUCK post on this board? Another troll here to just flame, as witnessed by his name. He doesn't have to post anything and his name incites crap. Try going to a patsie* board and use the name PATSFANSSUCK, see how long you last.

These clowns have nothing better to do? Well I guess if your a depressed Pats fan....

You never address Sancehez failure in the AFCCG when he couldn't do a damn thing to win a game when he had a halftime lead and the number #1 ranked defense behind him

so in just a week you've been knocked down from braging about cheating to whining about sanchez playing in his third road playoff game as a 22 year old rookie going against the #8 ranked football player of all time (according to an expert panel on the NFL network) and the defense blowing the lead

where was shady brady that weekend ? getting manscaped ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS1lhXKwbgw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2foXcW9Tp_s&feature=related

do you even watch the games or just talk sh*t ?

Thats it. You have nothing other than losing the AFC Title game in his rookie season. Again, what did Brady do in his rookie season?

The fact is the team is winning and he is the QB. So drop it. Stats lie.

For the longest time Tom Brady never put up good stats. In fact he didn't put up sexy stats until he got moss and Welker. So I don't put much stock in stats.

Rex says it, and I live by it. I wanna lead the league in wins. That's what matters

And winning covers alot of holes...Sanchez's game is better...That's undeniable...That said, it's still the play of a 2nd year QB and there's still a whole lot to be desired and I guess, acquired, since I need a rhyme (and a beat son).

The fact is the team is winning and he is the QB. So drop it. Stats lie.

For the longest time Tom Brady never put up good stats. In fact he didn't put up sexy stats until he got moss and Welker. So I don't put much stock in stats.

Rex says it, and I live by it. I wanna lead the league in wins. That's what matters

Looking at his stats, he only had the one great season in 07. Before that he threw for 4,000 yards once, averaged 21 touchdowns per year, and had an average completion percentage of 61.8%. He was a very average QB.

Whoopee, the Jets win 2 meaningless regular season games.

The Jets have the exact number of playoff wins against the Pats as they do in AFC Championship games.

And that answer is ZERO.

Oh I forgot, congrats losing yet another AFCCG.

Why do Jets fans think LOSING in an AFCCG is some sort of significant accomplishment?

I still can't get over the fact that you're over 50 years old. How miserable must your life be?

Also can't believe Max lets you post here. I guess posting the same thing over and over and over and over again must somehow be good for business.

Archived