After thinking about it I want nothing to do with the Chiefs

MangoJet

Who is going to cover Charles in the backfield??

Who is going to cover Moeaki in the flat??

Their defense is statistically better than ours, and they have an all world ball hawking safety in Berry, and one of the best corners in the game in Flowers.

41-24 loss if we play the Chiefs IMO

Give me the Colts w/o Collie....

Even Drew Coleman should be able to cover undrafted FA Blair White.

The Chiefs are better than I thought they were if that make sense. Their upside is higher than it seemed to be a few weeks ago. That being said, they are going to be happy to be there. And even though they are tough at home this year, I like the Jets chances.

Their defense is statistically better than ours, and they have an all world ball hawking safety in Berry, and one of the best corners in the game in Flowers.

Your delusional.

I agree. A lot of people seem to be taking the Chiefs lightly but I agree, they're one of the more dangerous teams, especially in their own building. They've got a balanced offense, an opportunistic defense and are solid on special teams. I think it's far easier defending teams that are one dimensional. With the Colts you barely have to pay attention to their running game. Even if they have initial success on the ground, you know that they "want" to throw the ball. The Chiefs though, don't care how they move the ball down the field. They're far more likely to keep a defense off balance and they're also far better at protecting the football. As a Patriots fan, I see the Chiefs as our biggest threat. They play the perfect style of football to keep Brady on the sideline. That's the best way to keep him from finding his rhythm.

Who have the Chiefs beaten this year?

Their record is a product of a very, very weak schedule. The Chiefs are always tough at home, but the Jets are better on the road anyway. It's not like the Jets can blow anyone out this year but I really think we win this game pretty handily,

27-13 Jets.

Who have the Chiefs beaten this year?

Their record is a product of a very, very weak schedule. The Chiefs are always tough at home, but the Jets are better on the road anyway. It's not like the Jets can blow anyone out this year but I really think we win this game pretty handily,

27-13 Jets.

i don't know but KC does have the best RB in the AFC (Jamal Charles)

Jamaal Charles doesn't even get most of the carries usually. We get to see our old buddy TJ for that. Don't worry, Haley absolutely insists on running TJ at least if not more than half the time, even if TJ is getting a third of the yards as Charles. It's very funny.

If you're going to sweat the Chiefs and already admit defeat, it really doesn't matter who the Jets play, they will lose. Every other team in the AFC playoffs is better than the Chiefs, except, I suppose, by Jet's fans admissions, the Jets. This is the playoffs, no more crappy teams in the AFC. The NFC will have at least one crappy team but everyone else is actually better than the AFC teams outside of the Pats imo.

I don't know how the Jets can beat the Colts. I guess it's possible, but never count Peyton out of the Wild Card or even Divisional Rounds. He will usually come up small for the Conference or SB, but not the 2 rounds prior. The man is a beast the other rounds.

Jamaal Charles doesn't even get most of the carries usually. We get to see our old buddy TJ for that. Don't worry, Haley absolutely insists on running TJ at least if not more than half the time, even if TJ is getting a third of the yards as Charles. It's very funny.

If you're going to sweat the Chiefs and already admit defeat, it really doesn't matter who the Jets play, they will lose. Every other team in the AFC playoffs is better than the Chiefs, except, I suppose, by Jet's fans admissions, the Jets. This is the playoffs, no more crappy teams in the AFC. The NFC will have at least one crappy team but everyone else is actually better than the AFC teams outside of the Pats imo.

I don't know how the Jets can beat the Colts. I guess it's possible, but never count Peyton out of the Wild Card or even Divisional Rounds. He will usually come up small for the Conference or SB, but not the 2 rounds prior. The man is a beast the other rounds.

+1

The Chiefs?!? Seriously? I don't think we should take any playoff game lightly. These teams are there for a reason and the Jets almost lost to the Lions and Browns. Still, the Chiefs are a by-product of the AFC West. That's a joke of a division. A few sh*tty teams and Norv Turner. On top of that, they played the NFC west. The Colts, Jaguars and Chargers are the only teams they have even played all year with winning records. Yes they are undefeated at home, but the only teams they even played there were the Chargers and Jags. Hell the Bills took them to OT in KC. I don't take this game for granted, but if the Jets can't beat the Chiefs they don't belong.

No way dude. Moekai isn't as good as advertised. Trust me, he's on my fantasy team and he's disappointed me almost every week. Jets will contain him, no problem.

Charles will be a big problem though, when he finds a crease he's usually gone for a 15-30 yarder. Thankfully we'll shut Jones down.

The defense? No worries, Rex will have them ready to play after a week off :thumbup:

Haley is more concerned about winning his way than actually winning. I trust the Jets a hell of a lot more than the Chiefs in terms of getting Greene vs Charles the ball.

The Chiefs will go behind early as they continually pound TJ into our defensive line.

Charles is one of the best players in the league...but for whatever reason he still doesnt touch the ball a lot.

Haley is more concerned about winning his way than actually winning. I trust the Jets a hell of a lot more than the Chiefs in terms of getting Greene vs Charles the ball.

The Chiefs will go behind early as they continually pound TJ into our defensive line.

Charles is one of the best players in the league...but for whatever reason he still doesnt touch the ball a lot.

Agree. If the jets wake up and play Greene more (I expect them to) and the Chiefs don't wake up and play Charles more (I don't expect them to), that will be the key to the game. KC's home field advantage is negated by the Jets on the road capability.

The playoff experience of the Jets vs none for KC will be key. Sanchez and Greene will be the stars of this game. Unfortunately, I see another nail biter.

Trust me, the matchup does not work in KC's favor, we face KC we beat them rather easily trust me on this one. It is destiny to face the F-en Pats again.

Agree. If the jets wake up and play Greene more (I expect them to) and the Chiefs don't wake up and play Charles more (I don't expect them to), that will be the key to the game. KC's home field advantage is negated by the Jets on the road capability.

The playoff experience of the Jets vs none for KC will be key. Sanchez and Greene will be the stars of this game. Unfortunately, I see another nail biter.

Absolutely will be a nail biter when we play KC (thats the Jets way), but we will win this game. I am not worried about KC, or Indy or Pitt, Baltimore and Pats are in our way and one way or the other we will have to beat these guys to get to the next level.

Our defense and our offense and our special teams will show up...I hope the coaching does as well (i.e. fake punts...;(

+1

The Chiefs?!? Seriously? I don't think we should take any playoff game lightly. These teams are there for a reason and the Jets almost lost to the Lions and Browns. Still, the Chiefs are a by-product of the AFC West. That's a joke of a division. A few sh*tty teams and Norv Turner. On top of that, they played the NFC west. The Colts, Jaguars and Chargers are the only teams they have even played all year with winning records. Yes they are undefeated at home, but the only teams they even played there were the Chargers and Jags. Hell the Bills took them to OT in KC. I don't take this game for granted, but if the Jets can't beat the Chiefs they don't belong.

We cant get caught up in "we almost lost to the Lions and Browns" because if it werent for 15 penalties we should have beaten the Ravens and if it werent for almost the same number of penalties and a freakin dropped pass by Holms we should have beaten the Packers. That type of logic has to work both ways.

The way I see it, there has been some very questionable coaching decisions this year that have been masked by our 10-5 record. We win people say its luck, we lose people say we suck. Look, KC is a good team, however they have NO to little playoff experience on the whole, we have, that is the intangible effect that will come into play when we face them in the first round. It will be close, yes and it will be a nail biter, but in the end we meet the Pats in the divisional round.

The Chiefs are better than I thought they were if that make sense. Their upside is higher than it seemed to be a few weeks ago. That being said, they are going to be happy to be there. And even though they are tough at home this year, I like the Jets chances.

agree. KC has virtually no one on roster with playoff experience. they will be a little edgy by playoff atmosphere IMHO. Jets got a lot of ROAD experience last year with our road run and this years tuf road games in Pitt and Chic.

I really dont want to mess with a Peyton Manning who at times can get hot and thread the ball regardless of tight coverage.

that being said, i prefer the cards fall so that we play Jacksonville at a half empty stadium filled with Jet Florida transplants and give us a semi home game or neutral field.

Charles is scary.. but Moeaki, come on!

We do well against teams with 1 big WR.. That's what KC has. Charles scares me out of the backfield. Thomas Jones will be a non factor.

queefs padded their schedule against the west

put them in the afc north nort or east and they are a .500 team

Look, their schedule is what it is.Won't knock any team that wins their division-except the NFC West. And lo and behold, the Chiefs' out of conference division was-drum roll please- the NFC West, whcih they swept. By contrast we played the NFC North-Packers,(L), Lions(W), Vikings(W) and Bears (L). IF the Jets were so blessed, we would've added at least 1 and probably 2 more wins against those bad teams.

Well you get your wish TS. You don't get to play the team that just got blown out at home by the Raiders, because they scare you. Instead we now go play the team that blew us out in the AFCC game last year. I get the feeling the Jets might be 1 and done this year, but let's hope the Jets can solve the Colts this time. I doubt KC gets out of the first round though.

Archived