Joe Mcknight

GLH222

Aside from this looking and feeling like a pre season game,, we have to feel good about seeing Mcknight running like this. Dare i say it...he looks a heck of a lot more explosive than someone else we normally see carrying the ball.

Danny Woodwho??

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It annoys me people are only giving him credit now. He's been outstanding on special teams over the last few weeks, and I give him a ton of credit for that, he could have just lay down when people were questioning him, he's obviously worked really hard and put the effort in.

His talent is there to see, if he keeps working as hard as he has, he will prove so many people wrong.

It annoys me people are only giving him credit now. He's been outstanding on special teams over the last few weeks, and I give him a ton of credit for that, he could have just lay down when people were questioning him, he's obviously worked really hard and put the effort in.

His talent is there to see, if he keeps working as hard as he has, he will prove so many people wrong.

You annoyed? I can't picture it.

at least he's producing like some people that were drafted well ahead of him.

Yeah, but as DLJ said, it is against the Bills. How many is that? Their 6th or 7th time they have given up 200 yards in a game?

Yeah, but as DLJ said, it is against the Bills. How many is that? Their 6th or 7th time they have given up 200 yards in a game?

it still doesnt matter who its against...he still ran good and held onto the ball...that was his big problem ...

it still doesnt matter who its against...he still ran good and held onto the ball...that was his big problem ...

Props for holding on to the ball, but the yards means little. hell Brady went for 13. ;)

Meh, its against the Bills.

if he does it against a REAL team them I'll be impressed.

So what does he have to do, run for 300 yards against the Bills to look good? Tell me how he didn't look good today. He had good burst, broke tackles, moved the pile, and didn't fumble once. Granted, he's not as good as Greene, but I'd rather see him taking 1st or 2nd down carries right now to spell Greene instead of LT. Let LT be the 3rd down back.

He played great today.

He never stops moving his feet. I really like how many times he hit the pack and was able to side step out for a few extra yards...something that LT never does. He made some very nice catches and was even solid in the return game.

I know it was the Bills, but the things he was doing as a runner were very good signs. Running hard, decisive, great pad level. He looked totally different. I was impressed.

The playoffs should belong to Greene...but if LT chokes it up in the playoffs the way he usually does, I wouldnt feel nervous about McKnight. Thats a good thing.

Props for holding on to the ball, but the yards means little. hell Brady went for 13. ;)

158 yards for a 4.9 Avg is good no matter how you want to spin it. Bear in mind that the Jets had their reserve linemen in for most of the game (missing their starting RT all game), and the fact that the Bills knew the Jets were running every play and I would say that is pretty impressive.

He played great today.

He never stops moving his feet. I really like how many times he hit the pack and was able to side step out for a few extra yards...something that LT never does. He made some very nice catches and was even solid in the return game.

I know it was the Bills, but the things he was doing as a runner were very good signs. Running hard, decisive, great pad level. He looked totally different. I was impressed.

The playoffs should belong to Greene...but if LT chokes it up in the playoffs the way he usually does, I wouldnt feel nervous about McKnight. Thats a good thing.

And you think Schotty would take away carries from the future HOFer best visor player of all time RB? Naaa chances are zero.

And you think Schotty would take away carries from the future HOFer best visor player of all time RB? Naaa chances are zero.

Depends which Schotty shows up - the imposter from the last couple of weeks or the one we all know and hate.

No I dont...but LT is also known to get hurt early in playoff games too. And if that did happen, I'd feel comfortable using McKnight fully in his role.

I agree with you. so many were dumping on the guy. They were wrong.

He might hit his groove as a punt returner next year on specials. But the kid has been tough on specials the past few weeks. Excellent in coverage, really just played fearless. Exactly what you need of a guy on Special Teams.

He got off to a slow start but it is how you finish that counts.

I know it was against a crapy buff. team. but you got to start somewhere. He helped out the jets today, because it allowed us to rest some players that needed it. We have two good backs. A power back, a back that can catch, and now one heading into the playoffs with a full head of steam. Sanchez is going to need as many weapons as possible against the colts.

He might hit his groove as a punt returner next year on specials. But the kid has been tough on specials the past few weeks. Excellent in coverage, really just played fearless. Exactly what you need of a guy on Special Teams.

He got off to a slow start but it is how you finish that counts.

Agreed, and that's what really won me over about this kid before today, and why I was hoping / expecting something like this. He's been excellent on special teams lately and if that's not a sign of hard work I don't know what is. Clearly he worked his a$$ off to work his way onto the field some way and got himself back in the good graces of his coaches. Not to mention, Westhoff isn't exactly the easiest guy to please in the world either, and he worked his way from training camp disaster to one of Westy's top coverage guys.

Archived