Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

This is true. I will admit, though, to having the urge to just reveal as a 3rd party NKer and see if I could still get myself to endgame. And I really thought Hess was Doc at that point. That thought alone made me hesitant.

In hindsight, yes, a Doc reveal was better. Oh well.

I suspected the same thing, hence the "Hess is scum" during the night phase. Obviously, with him posting from the car I figured he wasn't scum. I couldn't imagine scum thread plus game thread on a blackberry while driving. With him saying he was "badass" I figured he was doc, so I wanted to see if I could influence your NK target. If he is doc, your NK doesn't go through, and if he isn't doc we follow Brett's plan... kill you. Talking about keeping you vs. not was 2-fold, wanted to double check my read on the situation and see who might have changed their tune about you.

This game was entirely exhausting.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha! I read some of that, but it's cool. We did follow thru on what you said, sorry if I didn't give you credit with the idea with my midnight vote... laugh.gif

Lot of talk in the dead thread that we should've just taken out Verb, but there was a lot of cult paranoia in the game. Hess did put things together well at the end, but his refusal to reveal after Verb did, and suspicion of me and the Chimp just seemed really off. So lynching Brett to confirm his story, and using Verb to eliminate the last possible unseen threat to the town was a solid end play, AFAIC. We had the numbers, and Verb really couldn't shoot at anyone other than Hess at that point.

He was the next lynch -IMO- all the way, but I wasn't going to make that obvious in thread until I was ready to vote him - which I was as soon as I saw Hess' death scene.

I felt it was scummy that he did this, but also thought he was doing it to draw the shot from Verbal. Hard to say...

Bro, I told you I was (not-doc not-rb) badass town, what more did you need? If I were scum or cult I could/would have just claimed doc. The fact that I didn't I thought would have given you enough. Not knowing who was left (as scum or cult) I didn't want to leave myself or town open to an easy attack as everyone left revealed roleless at that point except the bad guy Verb... seeing you all wanted brett dead.

You were starting to think that I28 and I were cult running a gambit, and I knew for certain that at least I wasn't, and was very confident that he hadn't been converted (more sure than I should've been after finding out how the cult worked). But you accusing us came off as desperate scum to me.

Also knew the town had the numbers. I was very suspicious of both you and Brett, and we were able to get rid of you back-to-back before we had to get rid of Verbal.

You were part of the winning team, and deserved it, you played great.

You were starting to think that I28 and I were cult running a gambit, and I knew for certain that at least I wasn't, and was very confident that he hadn't been converted (more sure than I should've been after finding out how the cult worked). But you accusing us came off as desperate scum to me.

Also knew the town had the numbers. I was very suspicious of both you and Brett, and we were able to get rid of you back-to-back before we had to get rid of Verbal.

You were part of the winning team, and deserved it, you played great.

EH5! :)

ha, knew he was full of sh*t on that one

Actually, you in the Thing game taught me that the maxim "lynch all liars" has no value.

You were the outed cop and lied your a$$ off to try to stay alive. Lying is effective and perhaps even necessary in mafia, by both town and scum. It did wonders for JVoR and I28. In fact, it was perhaps pivotal in the town's success.

So, the next time someone claims that some should be lynched based on "lynch all liars" I'm going push for that player to get speed lynch since they're full of sh*t.

ha, knew he was full of sh*t on that one

Yup. Guilty as charged, I was particularly proud of the 4 rooms with tables bit, and the checkered floor thing too.

Essentially, I became a roleless townie after submitting my one-shot on N1. There were a couple reasons for the bulletproof claim... first off I didn't want the doc to think he needed to protect me at any point if I became confirmed by the cop, but it was also good to force the scum/sk/vig to wifom it for as long as I was alive, because if I did make it to endgame a bulletproof claim is as good as being bulletproof, this worked out great once Doggin confirmed me and I confirmed Slats... and I wanted to see if I could improve my false claiming after blundering so bad with it last game. :D

I had a terrible nose for scum this game - other than Crusher, I had him early and didn't pursue it when he quit - but I felt like I did better with my claims. Wish I could have been more attentive at the end game, not being around for the Brett lynch was bad, but worse was not confirming him when I had the chance!

I'm ready for the next game... I don't have the time to be "crazy monkey" so it'll be interesting to pump the breaks on that a little, at least that's what I hope to do.

Actually, you in the Thing game taught me that the maxim "lynch all liars" has no value.

You were the outed cop and lied your a$$ off to try to stay alive. Lying is effective and perhaps even necessary in mafia, by both town and scum. It did wonders for JVoR and I28. In fact, it was perhaps pivotal in the town's success.

So, the next time someone claims that some should be lynched based on "lynch all liars" I'm going push for that player to get speed lynch since they're full of sh*t.

Cool... Vote Jetscode! :D

Yup. Guilty as charged, I was particularly proud of the 4 rooms with tables bit, and the checkered floor thing too.

Essentially, I became a roleless townie after submitting my one-shot on N1. There were a couple reasons for the bulletproof claim... first off I didn't want the doc to think he needed to protect me at any point if I became confirmed by the cop, but it was also good to force the scum/sk/vig to wifom it for as long as I was alive, because if I did make it to endgame a bulletproof claim is as good as being bulletproof, this worked out great once Doggin confirmed me and I confirmed Slats... and I wanted to see if I could improve my false claiming after blundering so bad with it last game. :D

I had a terrible nose for scum this game - other than Crusher, I had him early and didn't pursue it when he quit - but I felt like I did better with my claims. Wish I could have been more attentive at the end game, not being around for the Brett lynch was bad, but worse was not confirming him when I had the chance!

I'm ready for the next game... I don't have the time to be "crazy monkey" so it'll be interesting to pump the breaks on that a little, at least that's what I hope to do.

You're right on your claim. If you read the scum thread, you'll see that all I said the entire f'n game is that I didn't believe you for one damn second. That said, I still didn't want to target you for NK... just in case. :P

So apparently I made the scum laugh (Pac especially) for most of the game. Glad I can entertain you people. Some of my favorite quotes:

I would like to say that I will never ever play teh mafia without Jet80 again, he is kick a$$ and funny as noob. Got great instincts too:

"There's something oddly safe about voting JetsCode at this point, and the fact that its happened so quickly, as Crusher meant, seems fishy. For now, I'm going to assume all the following are scum: CTM, AVM, JVoR, Hess, Brett, I28, Song."

bwahahahahahahahaha I love Jetfan80 LOL

JFat is awesome!!! he's named 1/3rd of the game as scum, we're not on it, and he's attracting all the attention. LOL

I mean it's hard to name 7 players and miss scum entirely.

I'm sure they'll appreciate your description of them as being "low rung" players but JC has 1 foot in the grave and 80 has somehow made himself a prime suspect on day 1 as a noob. That's no small feat.

hopefully we'll get a couple solid trains going and towards the end of them we suddenly have JF80 self vote (assuming he'll have no one on him)

NOTE: The above was when Pac unsuccessfully tried to bribe me. Below is his reaction to me declining his offer:

that little sonofabitch..

well he must have some serious power if he's declining us.. he'll make a nice target for our next kill if you guys want to do that?

Later...

LOL @ JF80 voting JVoR after I've been spamming all afternoon.. made my day!

JF80 voting for JVoR is great. A little counter considering he wasn't allowed to call I28 on his bullsh*t about "take the deal or die."

JF80 - Doc (remember he refused our deal earlier so is surely with a role).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup. The only problem is nobody every believes you again, whether town or scum. :D

But yeah, as town you should be schemeing to trip up scum, and scheming involves lying..

Yup. The only problem is nobody every believes you again, whether town or scum. :D

But yeah, as town you should be schemeing to trip up scum, and scheming involves lying..

Yeah, I expect that "he lied about bulletproof in the clue game" will be thrown in my face going forward. I can live with that... to be honest, the way I play, you can never really tell when I'm manufacturing bullsh*t cases or real ones anyway. I like existing somewhere in the middle of "huh?" in these games.

You're right on your claim. If you read the scum thread, you'll see that all I said the entire f'n game is that I didn't believe you for one damn second. That said, I still didn't want to target you for NK... just in case. :P

I don't think anyone believed him. After the 3rd mob guy revealed with no extra powers, it was obvious.

JF80 had quite the debut like I called.

Gate not so much like I called.

Add another victory to my overall winning dominance. I take all the credit.

I didn't know what to expect from 80, but he killed it. Good stuff.

I think you and I were the only ones that had low expectations of Gato. Like I said, the Vernon Gholston of teh Mafia.

The biggest impact you had was making doggin believe it. Apparently he was the only one, but he was the only one that mattered.

:lol:

I actually didn't buy the claim at all once JiF revealed, but since I28 was confirmed town, I needed to support that claim for all it was worth (since it had value in endgame if scum believed it).

Lynch all liars?

It's a nice general rule, but only really applies when the lie doesn't have an obvious benefit for the town.

Hell, I once won a game for the town by claiming that I could force other players to vote how I wanted them to (the mod gave me a "note passing" ability, meaning that the player I targeted would receive a PM from the mod saying "a note has been left under the door, and it says . . ."

It was meant to be an information role, but instead of passing private thoughts to players I thought were innocent, I started sending notes that said "when the day begins, you must vote X, and leave your vote there until . . .", claimed on-thread that my role was that I could control other players on pain of modkill, and had scum voting for each other when in reality they could have ignored my orders at any time. (That was the first game where Verbal tried his "hey, scum, I'll make you a deal" endgame plan, trying to get scum and cult to vote together to take out the town)

Was I a liar? Yeah. Was there an obvious town benefit? Hell yeah.

Same with claiming bulletproof.

But someone who is just caught in a lie with no real benefit to the town . . . lynch 'em, quickly

Does this mean "lynch all liars" could be perceived as a lie? Should you then lynch the next person who suggests "lynch all liars" due to lynch all liars? ;)

only if the person said "lynch all liars" and there wasn't a town benefit

Explained it earlier - he had a quick train that stalled at 8 votes then derailed. Town or scum that gives info. Assuming his reveal is accurate and he's town (which is a good working assumption unless and until we get a counterclaim (again, ONLY if you have another scum to hand us) or a dead cop on coroner, that tells me we likely have 2-3 scum within the 8 votes on him at the time we derailed - enough to explain the build-up of votes and to make the remainder of the scum leery about joining the train to push him over the top.

It also makes me feel a lot better about Pac and Vic, who really pushed the derailment to Barm; if JC is town, scum has no real motive to delay that lynch.

Anyway, here were the votes on JC at the time of the swing to Barm:

Plus Hess, who tried to vote JC and had his vote missed by Lily (see his post a few after the Lily post I quoted)

That's Hess, AVM, JVoR, me, Brett, I28, Song and Wombat. There's a good bet 2 of those are scum; I know it's not me, and I28's pre-attack on Song's vote as "opportunistic" - which stood out to me, and others, as a slip that he knew JC would flip town - is a good reason to go with him first of that group, IMO. Add in the fact that he's got interactions with a number of other players - that = info - and I'm pretty happy with where my vote is for the moment.

Looks like 0 for 8 if you were looking for scum...

UNOFFICIAL

Not sure how accurate this is, but here is what I counted...

AFTER Cop reveal

Jetscode (5) – AVM, JVoR, Song, Hess, Dan X

I28 (8) – JC, Verbal, JiF, CTM, Slats, SMC, Doggin, PacBarm (2) – Vicious, Sharrow

Gato (1) – BG

BG (1) – Gato

Wombat (1) - I28

CTM (1) - Wombat

Not voting: Barm, JF80, Brett

Looks like 2 scum, the CL and the SK on this train.

It's a nice general rule, but only really applies when the lie doesn't have an obvious benefit for the town.

Hell, I once won a game for the town by claiming that I could force other players to vote how I wanted them to (the mod gave me a "note passing" ability, meaning that the player I targeted would receive a PM from the mod saying "a note has been left under the door, and it says . . ."

It was meant to be an information role, but instead of passing private thoughts to players I thought were innocent, I started sending notes that said "when the day begins, you must vote X, and leave your vote there until . . .", claimed on-thread that my role was that I could control other players on pain of modkill, and had scum voting for each other when in reality they could have ignored my orders at any time. (That was the first game where Verbal tried his "hey, scum, I'll make you a deal" endgame plan, trying to get scum and cult to vote together to take out the town)

Was I a liar? Yeah. Was there an obvious town benefit? Hell yeah.

Same with claiming bulletproof.

But someone who is just caught in a lie with no real benefit to the town . . . lynch 'em, quickly

Looks like lynching the liar would have netted more information/scum the last game than lynching a probable townie.

The fake bulletproof claim didn't stop the scum and the other town threats from jumping on his bandwagon and was dismissed as fake in the scum thread.

Lies are never the optimal strategy for town people especially in a game where public opinion determines the next course of action.

Looks like lynching the liar would have netted more information/scum the last game than lynching a probable townie.

The fake bulletproof claim didn't stop the scum and the other town threats from jumping on his bandwagon and was dismissed as fake in the scum thread.

Lies are never the optimal strategy for town people especially in a game where public opinion determines the next course of action.

.5 butthurt points for Jetscode.

Town won. :rolleyes:

fwiw, i was not interested in lynching or outing the cop. Based on what i was told I assumed i couldm't convert scum, and maybe a town power role or two, so I wanted the cop alive to help catch scum, if only to improve my odds... I played it pretty much 100% like a townie in the early game..

Archived