Gas Prices.......weeeeeeeeeeee

vinnys025

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup Bob, they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Remember when you used to turn on the TV and see everybody in China and India riding bicycles to work? Thats going to be us.

Don't be taking shots at Bitonti like that, lol.

(this post is intended to be economics not politics)

Futures traders drive the price up. Not so much crooks involved as markets doing what they do. (but in this case causing a little unnecessary pain)

There's been talk in Congress for several years about treating oil as a commmodity critical to national security and limiting trades to those who explicitly plan to execute the contract (aka buy the barrels).

I rather like the idea, but I don't know where it ended up.

I heard this brought up just yesterday--apparently Obama has been considering it or something like that.

I heard this brought up just yesterday--apparently Obama has been considering it or something like that.

I would love to see it happen. But would be very surprised if it ever happens.

The small problem is the financial institutions that have trading desks devoted to trading commodities (oil being a major one) which add billions to the revenue stream. And these financial institutions have lobbies!

The problem here is its Houston(read that as people in control) that's responsible for this rise in commodity prices.

I guess they figure with all the people unemployed they can raise the price. Only those working will be able to afford fuel. Im getting my bicycle ready for the summer.

I guess they figure with all the people unemployed they can raise the price. Only those working will be able to afford fuel. Im getting my bicycle ready for the summer.

I do not think there is so much focus on the unemployed or creating jobs for them. They do not pay the bills to run election campaigns. So screw them!

$7.00 here we come.

I would not be surprised to see it happen by this summer if our debasing the dollar by printing tons of money policy continues.

Whats even crazier is that the dollar index is still going down. With the unrest in the middle east you would thing that people would find a safehaven in the dollar. Thats not happening. Also, QE2 hits the system beginning in April.

Not looking good.

It might be time to tap into all that reserve the U.S has. I cant imagine what its costing the people commuting any long distance back and forth to work weekly. Anyone commuting over 50 miles a day?

45 miles a day round trip. Haven't added it up because I don't want to cry.

Whats even crazier is that the dollar index is still going down. With the unrest in the middle east you would thing that people would find a safehaven in the dollar. Thats not happening. Also, QE2 hits the system beginning in April.

Not looking good.

People all over the world have wisened up to the game being played by the Fed. So not surprised everyone is staying away from the Dollar.

The unfortunate consequence of this game is not just high prices of oil. It will result in total destruction of wealth and prosperity of the entire nation. At the end of the day the government and its offshoots cannot create wealth and prosperity. They can only print money.

I think you meant QE3. QE2 started quite a few months ago. And surprisingly since then the market is up 25% plus.

It might be time to tap into all that reserve the U.S has. I cant imagine what its costing the people commuting any long distance back and forth to work weekly. Anyone commuting over 50 miles a day?

8 block walk to work. Yeah it costs more to live where I do, but I made that choice. The money saved in car payments, maintenance, insurance, parking and GAS, etc. plus the joys of commuting makes it an easy choice for me.

I don't know about your cities, but bike lanes are being built all over downtown here reducing the lanes for cars.

I really thought in the early 90's when all the rappers were adding the lyrics, "Peace in the middle East" that it would fix everything.

Shocked it didn't work.

:rl: :rl:

I propose we bring back POTW just one week, for this post. After getting depressed reading through this thread for the first time, you made it all go away.

All hail Max!

:rl: :rl:

I propose we bring back POTW just one week, for this post. After getting depressed reading through this thread for the first time, you made it all go away.

All hail Max!

LOL!!!

Okay, it is done. That is this weeks winner. Thanks.

:D

Take it or leave it, the same rain falls...

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1011PSIENDVD/PPSIM1AJ/PR

I seen Stansberry page some time ago. Very good, very relevant information. I just didnt like the "sales pitch" at the end of it. I believe it was Stansberry's video that had it. I didnt watch it again just now lol.

If you like info like this a great place to checkout is mises.org as well as their youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/misesmedia.

Their youtube page has endless info from some of the brightest minds economically. One of the few youtube pages that I frequent weekly. I just let the videos run while taking care of work/chores. Check this video out .

^ jeez, where are you located?

Although, a lot of people don't know that gas prices listed are for 9/10 of a gallon, the 9/10 does NOT mean 9/10 of a cent. So if it says it's $2.70, for example, it's really $3.00, because the $2.70 is only for 9/10 of a gallon. Hopefully that helps some people who never knew that B)

I seen Stansberry page some time ago. Very good, very relevant information. I just didnt like the "sales pitch" at the end of it. I believe it was Stansberry's video that had it. I didnt watch it again just now lol.

If you like info like this a great place to checkout is mises.org as well as their youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/misesmedia.

Their youtube page has endless info from some of the brightest minds economically. One of the few youtube pages that I frequent weekly. I just let the videos run while taking care of work/chores. Check this video out .

I agree, the sales pitch negates the integrity of it, so skeptical people can just walk away "he's just fear mongering to sell a product". But everything he says is true, especially about the dollar being the reserve currency, and what will be the implications if the rest of the world decides to end that.

Thanks for the link, I definitely will check that out.

Although, a lot of people don't know that gas prices listed are for 9/10 of a gallon, the 9/10 does NOT mean 9/10 of a cent. So if it says it's $2.70, for example, it's really $3.00, because the $2.70 is only for 9/10 of a gallon. Hopefully that helps some people who never knew that B)

Not sure about anyone else but I feel better now.

I agree, the sales pitch negates the integrity of it, so skeptical people can just walk away "he's just fear mongering to sell a product". But everything he says is true, especially about the dollar being the reserve currency, and what will be the implications if the rest of the world decides to end that.

Thanks for the link, I definitely will check that out.

No problem. Just find whatever financial instrument you're comfortable with to maintain your purchasing power in the future because the dollar is being destroyed. This Japan situation isnt going to make it any better either. Japan is probably going to have to sell their U.S. treasuries in order to help finance their rebuilding. The only buyer out there right now is the FED (got to keep the game going). That means that the FED will be buying those for free because they're going to push off the payment to us via inflation. Thats my opinion anyway.

No problem. Just find whatever financial instrument you're comfortable with to maintain your purchasing power in the future because the dollar is being destroyed. This Japan situation isnt going to make it any better either. Japan is probably going to have to sell their U.S. treasuries in order to help finance their rebuilding. The only buyer out there right now is the FED (got to keep the game going). That means that the FED will be buying those for free because they're going to push off the payment to us via inflation. Thats my opinion anyway.

...and that is a good thing. If that would happen the next generation will be owing more to themselves and less to foreign entities. Let's get China to sell some of our debt back to us too while we are at it.

Archived