Same old Mets

visajets

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes just sucked period. Mental midget California kid that had average stuff from the get go. He was never the same after the freakin hammy injury while he was pitching the no-no.

There have been a lot of dudes in MLB over the last two seasons that mysteriously lost 5 MPH on their heater or who went from having upper deck power to barely having warning track power. I'm goofing around about Hughes, but, damn, he looks like one of those guys. Hell, David Wright looks like one of those guys.

There have been a lot of dudes in MLB over the last two seasons that mysteriously lost 5 MPH on their heater or who went from having upper deck power to barely having warning track power. I'm goofing around about Hughes, but, damn, he looks like one of those guys. Hell, David Wright looks like one of those guys.

Could be. BTW, what the hell is Tulowitzki taking and when will he be a Yankee?

Hughes just sucked period. Mental midget California kid that had average stuff from the get go. He was never the same after the freakin hammy injury while he was pitching the no-no.

This is a very dumb statement. He's sucking because he doesn't have his stuff that he's had his entire career.

This is a very dumb statement. He's sucking because he doesn't have his stuff that he's had his entire career.

His entire career? lol, he's 24. He doesnt have the stuff because he sucks.

Hughes was never a power guy anyways. He busted his hammy and he lost velocity. His season last year was wildly overrated to begin with.

Pre hammy he was 94. Lasy year he was around 92. This year he's batting practice.

His entire career? lol, he's 24. He doesnt have the stuff because he sucks.

Hughes was never a power guy anyways. He busted his hammy and he lost velocity. His season last year was wildly overrated to begin with.

Pre hammy he was 94. Lasy year he was around 92. This year he's batting practice.

He was 94-96 all year last season and he's 89-91 now. Huge difference. Nice that we have you to tell us that a guy who won 18 games last year with good peripherals "sucks" because he's hurt or going through a dead arm period.

He was 94-96 all year last season and he's 89-91 now. Huge difference. Nice that we have you to tell us that a guy who won 18 games last year with good peripherals "sucks" because he's hurt or going through a dead arm period.

Since when do you care about wins? He wasnt great last season.

Hughes was never at 96 last year. Pre hammy he had a pretty electric fastball...but he's been downhill since that moment.

Dude, everyone affiliated with the Yankees, including Hughes, is saying that he's not injured. Also, my dick could win 18 games pitching for the Yankees.

Since when do you care about wins? He wasnt great last season.

Hughes was never at 96 last year. Pre hammy he had a pretty electric fastball...but he's been downhill since that moment.

Wrong. He hit 96 many times last year and his peripherals were very good no matter how many games he won. Anyone watching him knows he's not right.

T0m's dick for #3 starter! Is it a money pitcher or will it choke in the playoffs?

T0m's dick! He's got the velocity, but does he have the staying power?

are you a lefty or righty?

Righty, and my penile velocity is legendary. I can't even tell you how many times it's already thrown off the rubber.

If Tom's dick gets the run support AJ Burnett has gotten so far, the dick is a lock for 15 wins.It's how Hughes got 18 last year.

Damn straight. And it wouldn't be the first time I've used eight other guys to rally around my penis.

Righty, and my penile velocity is legendary. I can't even tell you how many times it's already thrown off the rubber.

Damn straight. And it wouldn't be the first time I've used eight other guys to rally around my penis.

wow... lol :blink:

Chris Young to the DL. Couldn't see that coming. Never fear, though--the Bernie Madoff situation will have no impact on the payroll. None. Nada. Jeffy said so himself. A trade for King Felix is right around the corner.

Meanwhile, former 1st rounder and UNCW alum Brad Holt continues to toil at AA Binghamton because the Mets' HS-level minor league coaches can't figure out how not to ruin a 23-year old with a 94-95 MPH fastball, a plus slider and a decent changeup.

Meanwhile, former 1st rounder and UNCW alum Brad Holt continues to toil at AA Binghamton because the Mets' HS-level minor league coaches can't figure out how not to ruin a 23-year old with a 94-95 MPH fastball, a plus slider and a decent changeup.

Did not know about Holt. Looks like he needs to prove he is over control issues though based on last seasons stats.

Did not know about Holt. Looks like he needs to prove he is over control issues though based on last seasons stats.

It doesn't help that he got hurt last year, and 3 different Mets doctors told him 3 different diagnoses. Not to mention, when his mechanics were off, guess who he went to to get a tune-up? UNCW pitching coach Jason Howell.

The entire Mets organization sucks.

If the mets lose tomorrow Mike Francesa is gonna be priceless on Monday morning.

He already torched them on Friday, I believe. He didn't get himself up to a Level Ten meltdown, but he got up to a solid 6 or 7. Great stuff, really. I can't wait for his Terry Collins welcome-to-NY interview this week where Francesa belittles him and tries to make him cry. If Collins is smart, he should call Joe Torre for tips on getting through a WFAN shred-fest. I never understand why coaches agree to do those things in the first place.

As for the Mets, I hope they lose 120 games this year and a federal mediator forces the Wilpons to dissolve their empire, and whatever nitwit ends up investing $300 mil into this franchise ends up getting back 20 cents on the dollar. My hope is that they trade Reyes and Johan Santana to the Red Sox for prospects, so Mets fans can at least give the big FU to the Yankees on our way down the drain. Santana deserves better than to be stuck with these losers.

Also, f*ck David Wright. I've watched pitchers have mentally tougher at-bats in late-game situations than Wright throws up. There's alot of Danny Tartabull in David Wright.

He already torched them on Friday, I believe. He didn't get himself up to a Level Ten meltdown, but he got up to a solid 6 or 7. Great stuff, really. I can't wait for his Terry Collins welcome-to-NY interview this week where Francesa belittles him and tries to make him cry. If Collins is smart, he should call Joe Torre for tips on getting through a WFAN shred-fest. I never understand why coaches agree to do those things in the first place.

As for the Mets, I hope they lose 120 games this year and a federal mediator forces the Wilpons to dissolve their empire, and whatever nitwit ends up investing $300 mil into this franchise ends up getting back 20 cents on the dollar. My hope is that they trade Reyes and Johan Santana to the Red Sox for prospects, so Mets fans can at least give the big FU to the Yankees on our way down the drain. Santana deserves better than to be stuck with these losers.

Also, f*ck David Wright. I've watched pitchers have mentally tougher at-bats in late-game situations than Wright throws up. There's alot of Danny Tartabull in David Wright.

Insert obligatory "tell us how you really feel, Tom" comment here.

Plenty of room on Cubbie bandwagon for any Mets fans thinking of defecting.

Prerequisite = gotta love misery.

Do Mets fans qualify?

I don't think I'd be welcomed with open arms. I went to a Mets-Cubs 3-game series two years ago at Wrigley and pissed off every Cubs fan in my section by chanting "Joseeeee, Jose, Jose, Jose!" along with the rest of the idiot Mets fans when Reyes came to the plate. The Mets took 2 out of 3 and Tom Glavine won his 300th game that weekend.

Archived