Scarface Mafia - The World is Yours

Pac

Huh? Well, maybe it was something more than I thought then? b/c I remember a little friction but all in good fun...I thought. Didn't know it was illuminati style top secret stuff. Jeez.

Dude, I thought you were talking about the baby oil, glitter, and Pina Coladas. Forget I said anything.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a terrible list. This is why it would've been better to lynch DPR yesterday. Much more information to be gleaned. Hell, a couple are suggesting that I could be his teammate? Why don't we find out if he's scum, first! Lol! Not that it isn't an absurd idea. I was early on his train -which could've been a distancing vote- but then I was still right there at the end trying to get people to peel off of JF80 to lynch him. That's not bussing. Bussing is jumping on a teammate who's clearly going down.

This is why I haven't liked Hess's play. I think his vote on DPR near deadline was a clear-cut bus attempt. He was "100% sure" that JF80 was town, and he put the 9th or 10th vote on DPR, after avoiding the whole mess all of D1. He wins either way the hammer falls...

But whatever...

JiF's a possibility. I didn't like his vote yesterday.

He doesn't like JF80's refusal to reveal, yet he's willing to take him at face value that he's an unimportant townie. I never saw why he would've been a good place to lynch.

That unwillingness to lynch the pirate was a common theme. I think CTM and Crush both expressed similar sentiments.

Wombat had a few questionable posts in my eyes yesterday. He'd be on my list. He wanted to lynch JF80 pretty aggressively, and still thought there was a possibility that he was scum right at the end.

Just seems to be going out of his way to protect DPR for no good reason that I could see.

And about a 20 minutes before deadline in response to me:

I'm sorry, but I just thought it was painfully obvious that JF80 was town at that stage of the game.

I went back and read all of JC's posts. Not sure which one of them is supposed to be super-scummy.

Vote: JiF

Y'all let me know when it's okay to have the pirate walk the plank, okay?

I really don't disagree with any of your observations here. Which is why I've got the town read on you...

Unvote Slats

I'll just have to live with my own personal Slatsy WIFOM for now.

At this point, I think knowing DPR's alignment could be most informative. I don't necessarily think we need to play every day phase to get 2 reveals, in fact that would be bad for town. DPR is the most informative lynch of a scummy player at the moment, but I don't want to vote there just yet.

Vote Hess

I just died inside a little...

You don't think it makes sense for Pac to make DPR scum?

I don't think DPR is as good as most of you seem to think, and he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. His responses to me were very weasel-y yesterday, especially when the heat was getting turned up on him. Once his lynch cooled down, he began to make more level-headed posts. But he thinks very highly of himself, and believes that he can put himself into tough situations, and then talk his way out of them. At least that's my experience with him here.

No doubt in my mind that lynching DPR had much more information potential than lynching the ape, too - largely because I think there's less than a 5% chance that the ape is scum. I'd put DPR at over 50% - and he had a few defenders.

I'm not saying i think DPR is good, I'm saying i can't believe he'd be that bad.

There's a difference

A curious defense of DPR, to say the least. Saying that an experienced mod and the architect of the Mafia Help thread is either A. Ignorant of aspects of the game, B. Stupid and ignorant of aspects of the game or C. All of the above?

CTM's position all of D1 was in defense of DPR... but it was subtle, and consisted mostly of him poking holes in those attacking DPR without immediately defending the pirate. CTM was doing that round-about thing that we've seen him do... casting aspersions without over committing to a position.

My computer is in the shop for a blown power supply. I should have it back tonight, at which point I will have much to say about the above exchanges that rings hollow, if not pure scummy. I know you will all wait with breathless anticipation.

I guess I misunderstood. I went back and read, and you called him a liar so many times that I thought you were suggesting that he was lying about the BPV. I probably jumped to that conclusion because I would not be at all surprised if he's town and lying about being bulletproof.

Alright, now your starting to hit my dar. You built a case, quoting me, but you had to go back and reread again to decipher what I was saying regarding the Ape? I dont buy that. This is very lazy Slats. I was very vocal and repeated it numerous times...it should be very obvious what my feelings are toward the Ape.

Completely laid off him? Where? In the post where I voted you and asked when is it okay to lynch the pirate? Haha! I'll lynch him at any time of day. Say the word.

When someone was as confident as you were in DPR and relentless toward him day 1, to come out and build a weak case on me...but just throwing out that you'd still lynch the Pirate...IMO is a form of laying off. For example, I came out immediately and went after AVM. Where is your conviction?

I thought your reasoning for voting JF80 was weak. Still do.

You thought my reasoning was weak on Day 1? Really? No F'ing way. :huh:

It's early on D2, and there are some things about your play so far that I haven't liked. It's nothing definitive, just something to explore. You've been extremely defensive this game, though. Putting up a pretty extensive defense here based on a single vote.

Settle down and scum hunt. I'll lose interest in you if I really think you're hunting scum.

Again, make acussations that just arent true. How have I been defensive? Strangely, this is only my 2nd vote...if I recall correctly and the first one was the obligatory Day 1 Brett vote. I havent had a reason to be defensive...and I'm being far from defensive now.

And telling me to settle down, this game, is weird. Its the most settle I've been all season...lol. And I've been scumhunting. I've built cases, I've stated my opinion and my vote stands with the person I feel is most scummy.

You on the other hand, zero'd in DPR day 1 and now you are trying to build a weak case, with little to false substance on the easiest lynch in the game, the second you started feeling heat.

Not liking this play at all. Very tempted to switch my vote.

You don't think it makes sense for Pac to make DPR scum?

I don't think DPR is as good as most of you seem to think, and he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. His responses to me were very weasel-y yesterday, especially when the heat was getting turned up on him. Once his lynch cooled down, he began to make more level-headed posts. But he thinks very highly of himself, and believes that he can put himself into tough situations, and then talk his way out of them. At least that's my experience with him here.

No doubt in my mind that lynching DPR had much more information potential than lynching the ape, too - largely because I think there's less than a 5% chance that the ape is scum. I'd put DPR at over 50% - and he had a few defenders.

Haha! I think you're trying too hard. You read JiF's posts this game, and tell me what you think.

I already mapped out out my hopes for the day - push a couple people to the limit, then lynch DPR. :D

boner.jpg

Somebody is doing everything he can to start a fight, huh?

Your points suck almost as bad as your logic - you are a total hypocrite for defending I28 and attacking me on the grounds of "gaining info" (which was my point in voting for I28 in the first place...) when he was the one with the dum-a$$ reveal in the first place.

I almost got caught up in Crusher's post where he said he didn't think you were scum because you only acted aggressive when you were town - this is nonsense. You can change your style up any way you want, and I'm guessing that your plan is to try and set me off so that I do a lot of distracting and make it easy for the scum slide through another day. I was kinda ondering who would try that...

I'm getting an I28/Slats/Crush vibe, and I'm not liking it at all. I need to ponder this for a bit.

Also, I am magnificient beyond measure. I'm so great, that great calls me to congratulate me on how great I am. I AM TEH AWESOME.

Alright, now your starting to hit my dar. You built a case, quoting me, but you had to go back and reread again to decipher what I was saying regarding the Ape? I dont buy that. This is very lazy Slats. I was very vocal and repeated it numerous times...it should be very obvious what my feelings are toward the Ape.

When someone was as confident as you were in DPR and relentless toward him day 1, to come out and build a weak case on me...but just throwing out that you'd still lynch the Pirate...IMO is a form of laying off. For example, I came out immediately and went after AVM. Where is your conviction?

You thought my reasoning was weak on Day 1? Really? No F'ing way. :huh:

Again, make acussations that just arent true. How have I been defensive? Strangely, this is only my 2nd vote...if I recall correctly and the first one was the obligatory Day 1 Brett vote. I havent had a reason to be defensive...and I'm being far from defensive now.

And telling me to settle down, this game, is weird. Its the most settle I've been all season...lol. And I've been scumhunting. I've built cases, I've stated my opinion and my vote stands with the person I feel is most scummy.

You on the other hand, zero'd in DPR day 1 and now you are trying to build a weak case, with little to false substance on the easiest lynch in the game, the second you started feeling heat.

Not liking this play at all. Very tempted to switch my vote.

You are making good points.

Slats getting heat and forming a weak case on you, who we all love to lynch, is a sly move. I agree. Personally I'm torn on the old hippie... the closest thing to a scum tell I have on him is when he basically says he thinks I'm town. I'm trying to resist going monkey nuts on him right now... trying....... so ..... hard...

Official Vote Count

Slats (3) - JVOR,CTM, DPR

Smash (2) - Verb, SMC

AVM (1) - JiF

JC (5) - AVM, Dan X, Hess, SMC, Sharrow

Sharrow (1) - CTM

JVOR (1) - Crusher

DanX (2) - TomShane, Crusher

JiF (1) - Slats

Hess (1) - Ape

with 20 maricons alive, it takes 11 to lynch

Deadline is 4/25 at 10PM EST

Ok, all caught up, here are my general thoughts on some of the hotter topics:

DPR - I'm not in love with his play at all. Didn't like it yesterday and would've been in favor of going that direction instead had I been around more at that point. That said, I also do know that DPR is one of those players who I have a regular tendency to find scummy, so there's that.

slats - I can definitely see the case some have here. He's usually one of those guys I don't get much of a read on at all, so the fact that I'm getting a scummy vibe from him has kind of stood out to me. As a few people have pointed out, he has definitely been acting much more aggressive, particularly for this early in the game, in not only his pursuit of DPR but his defense of himself (which has also included deflection onto going after other plays, like recently with JiF).

JiF - Haven't really had any particular issues with his play to this point. Well, other than him still talking about how he's the greatest scum hunter ever and all of that verbal diarrhea.

AVM - Definitely find what we've seen from him so far to be VERY interesting. At first I thought maybe he was just playing a little strange in the day one hysterics, but it's clear there's something more going on here. If nothing else, it's something I would like more information on. As I said a few posts back, I'm inclined to follow him here and see where this all goes. So with that I'm going to:

Vote JC - I actually don't have any major issues with JC, and that one post many of you found very scummy, I felt like I kind of got what he was getting at even at the time, but I'll leave him to answer that for himself. Rather, as I said my vote for him has much more to do with AVM than anything, and the fact that he already has a train going and seems to be giving a number of other people a scummy vibe makes it a direction we can go to potentially give us a lot of varying information.

boner.jpg

Somebody is doing everything he can to start a fight, huh?

Your points suck almost as bad as your logic - you are a total hypocrite for defending I28 and attacking me on the grounds of "gaining info" (which was my point in voting for I28 in the first place...) when he was the one with the dum-a$$ reveal in the first place.

I almost got caught up in Crusher's post where he said he didn't think you were scum because you only acted aggressive when you were town - this is nonsense. You can change your style up any way you want, and I'm guessing that your plan is to try and set me off so that I do a lot of distracting and make it easy for the scum slide through another day. I was kinda ondering who would try that...

I'm getting an I28/Slats/Crush vibe, and I'm not liking it at all. I need to ponder this for a bit.

Also, I am magnificient beyond measure. I'm so great, that great calls me to congratulate me on how great I am. I AM TEH AWESOME.

You are almost making sense... take me off that list and I agree with you. Just because my reveal wasn't "by the book" doesn't mean I'm scum. I don't do much by the book in these games, FYI.

CTM's position all of D1 was in defense of DPR... but it was subtle, and consisted mostly of him poking holes in those attacking DPR without immediately defending the pirate. CTM was doing that round-about thing that we've seen him do... casting aspersions without over committing to a position.

Your stupidity is really irritating me this game.. not sure why, but i feel like slats. I do apologize as I know it's not your fault.

That beign said, your post above is an out and out lie. I explicitly said I wasn't voting dpr d1 and didn't want to see him lynch. I absolutely did commit to a position.

here's the exchange:

0% chance I'm lyching that pile of awesome on day 1 his first game back..

Freakin' bullspit that I'm at work on Good Friday

CTM, DPR may not be "that bad" but we have seem him reckless in other games. I don't like the theory of, "Hey, DPR and Slats may be running a gambit so lets go after Slats." No, go after DPR. The issue with Slats is whether, as scum, he was seeking to capitalize on DPR being reckless (assuming in that scenario that they're not in cahoots).

I'm also interested in AVM's proof positive assertions. Perhaps its another PR or there is something to that.

DPR - I'm not in love with his play at all. Didn't like it yesterday and would've been in favor of going that direction instead had I been around more at that point. That said, I also do know that DPR is one of those players who I have a regular tendency to find scummy, so there's that.

slats - I can definitely see the case some have here. He's usually one of those guys I don't get much of a read on at all, so the fact that I'm getting a scummy vibe from him has kind of stood out to me. As a few people have pointed out, he has definitely been acting much more aggressive, particularly for this early in the game, in not only his pursuit of DPR but his defense of himself (which has also included deflection onto going after other plays, like recently with JiF).

JiF - Haven't really had any particular issues with his play to this point. Well, other than him still talking about how he's the greatest scum hunter ever and all of that verbal diarrhea.

AVM - Definitely find what we've seen from him so far to be VERY interesting. At first I thought maybe he was just playing a little strange in the day one hysterics, but it's clear there's something more going on here. If nothing else, it's something I would like more information on. As I said a few posts back, I'm inclined to follow him here and see where this all goes. So with that I'm going to:

Vote JC - I actually don't have any major issues with JC, and that one post many of you found very scummy, I felt like I kind of got what he was getting at even at the time, but I'll leave him to answer that for himself. Rather, as I said my vote for him has much more to do with AVM than anything, and the fact that he already has a train going and seems to be giving a number of other people a scummy vibe makes it a direction we can go to potentially give us a lot of varying information.

great, now i'm thinking you may be scum...

Freakin' bullspit that I'm at work on Good Friday

CTM, DPR may not be "that bad" but we have seem him reckless in other games. I don't like the theory of, "Hey, DPR and Slats may be running a gambit so lets go after Slats." No, go after DPR. The issue with Slats is whether, as scum, he was seeking to capitalize on DPR being reckless (assuming in that scenario that they're not in cahoots).

I'm also interested in AVM's proof positive assertions. Perhaps its another PR or there is something to that.

I've found slats play to be scummier then DPR's, would also prefer lynching the ape... but like i said, i'll string up the pirate if that's were people are heading..

Freakin' sucks that I may miss lunch

I've found slats play to be scummier then DPR's, would also prefer lynching the ape... but like i said, i'll string up the pirate if that's were people are heading..

If you find slats to be scummier than DPR, then that's fine. That's going after slats for what slats has done. Going after slats through DPR osmosis is a different thing.

Pretty sure I answered that...still think I-28 did not have to claim when or what he did. In prior games, he makes an argument that he has some ability that has value to the town to prolong his game play. In this game it may be part of Pac's set-up...cause Pac knows, that we know that I-28 likes to make such claims...hence I cannot determine the veracity of his claim and will wait until he trips up or is no longer value to the town.

If the town wants my lynch...I understand...may have some intel for you to determine alignments...but I'm town.

My top suspects are in no particular order:

Slats: Playing similar to last game in regards to me...hasn't jumped on my train although he hasn't defended me either. Don't like his arguments.

WWWWWombat: Nothing in particular...just his style rubs me the wrong way.

Dan X: Another not playing her usual investigative style...innocous questions/case layouts seem missing.

VOTE: Dan X

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

You know when you go on those long winded posts sometimes... it's like you're solving a mathematical equation. I can picture the Profess talking. Dude, you don't remember me responding to you w/ a pic once or twice? It's my only way of teasing you b/c sometimes you can be so...structured and difficult to poke. It's like your posts are so well thought out they have armor, you rarely leave yourself open to attack...sometimes...hence the buttoned up Profess that you tend to remind me of.

great, now i'm thinking you may be scum...

Any particular reason you'd care to share? Given the number of days I wasn't around (real life days that is), I felt it only fair to make my position clear on many of the things I've missed. As it is, I know I often get accused of skating by, so I figured no reason to feed into that any further.

Your stupidity is really irritating me this game.. not sure why, but i feel like slats. I do apologize as I know it's not your fault.

That beign said, your post above is an out and out lie. I explicitly said I wasn't voting dpr d1 and didn't want to see him lynch. I absolutely did commit to a position.

here's the exchange:

I guess I'm getting a mixed message from you... not sure how that could have happened. :rolleyes:

Also, I know you said you wouldn't lynch DPR on D1, because you were happy he was back or whatever. That isn't what I was referring to as defense. That was a copout, but not defense. The defense I'm talking about is how every time I made a good point in my dust up with DPR you swooped in and undermined my points with "Ape is stupid" commentary... which is NOT like you to do. So yeah, you feel like Slats and you are playing like him too...

You know when you go on those long winded posts sometimes... it's like you're solving a mathematical equation. I can picture the Profess talking. Dude, you don't remember me responding to you w/ a pic once or twice? It's my only way of teasing you b/c sometimes you can be so...structured and difficult to poke. It's like your posts are so well thought out they have armor, you rarely leave yourself open to attack...sometimes...hence the buttoned up Profess that you tend to remind me of.

Ah, gotcha. I actually do kind of remember the pictures, I just don't think I ever asked you what exactly you meant by it. That just developed from years of arguing with dumbass Penningtologists. Always had to make sure to cover every ridiculous excuse and loophole before they could get to it first. :P

That, plus I'm just long-winded.

Ah, gotcha. I actually do kind of remember the pictures, I just don't think I ever asked you what exactly you meant by it. That just developed from years of arguing with dumbass Penningtologists. Always had to make sure to cover every ridiculous excuse and loophole before they could get to it first. :P

That, plus I'm just long-winded.

Cheers to the long-winded!

This is why I haven't liked Hess's play. I think his vote on DPR near deadline was a clear-cut bus attempt. He was "100% sure" that JF80 was town, and he put the 9th or 10th vote on DPR, after avoiding the whole mess all of D1. He wins either way the hammer falls...

I really don't disagree with any of your observations here. Which is why I've got the town read on you...

Unvote Slats

At this point, I think knowing DPR's alignment could be most informative. I don't necessarily think we need to play every day phase to get 2 reveals, in fact that would be bad for town. DPR is the most informative lynch of a scummy player at the moment, but I don't want to vote there just yet.

Vote Hess

Good luck with that.

Unvote Slats

Vote Hess

BTW I would like to dig into this a little more. How do I "win either way" since we don't know DPR's alignment? You base your vote as if you know then go on to say, "jee I'd really like to know DPR's alignment". LOL. Yes, I basically KNEW 80 was 100% town because I pretty much know AVM is town. I don't know what DPR is but I thought he was the better lynch seeing that I KNEW 80 would be town.

And BTW what was DPR's reveal exactly? He gave his name and that he had a some deal with Pac that he needs to talk a certain way...which btw it appears he was lying about as I haven't seen the machismo since.

I guess I'm getting a mixed message from you... not sure how that could have happened. :rolleyes:

come on, you're aware of the day 1 unwritten rule thing. It's day 2.. you are maddenning.. is it legal to put another player on ignore for awhile?

Also, I know you said you wouldn't lynch DPR on D1, because you were happy he was back or whatever. That isn't what I was referring to as defense. That was a copout, but not defense. The defense I'm talking about is how every time I made a good point in my dust up with DPR you swooped in and undermined my points with "Ape is stupid" commentary... which is NOT like you to do. So yeah, you feel like Slats and you are playing like him too...

You have made no good points, other then slats laying off you. That's it

And if i was playing like slats, i'd be much more omgus'y ;)

Any particular reason you'd care to share? Given the number of days I wasn't around (real life days that is), I felt it only fair to make my position clear on many of the things I've missed. As it is, I know I often get accused of skating by, so I figured no reason to feed into that any further.

I dunno, i usually read you pretty well i think, and you did this thing you do when your scum that i've noticed...

Freakin' sucks that I may miss lunch

If you find slats to be scummier than DPR, then that's fine. That's going after slats for what slats has done. Going after slats through DPR osmosis is a different thing.

that was 1 point in a larger list of reasons

Your points suck almost as bad as your logic - you are a total hypocrite for defending I28 and attacking me on the grounds of "gaining info" (which was my point in voting for I28 in the first place...) when he was the one with the dum-a$ reveal in the first place.

There's a big difference between my suggesting lynching you and you suggesting lynching the chimp - and that's that I think there's a very good chance that you are scum. I think there's only the slimmest chance that the monkey is scum. Looking to lynch someone solely for info purposes comes across as scummy to me. I'm hoping to lynch scum, and if I can get info, too (or instead), then that's good, as well.

Last game I was scum. Not aggressive on D1. Wrestling game I was town, and was very hot after Brett on D1, and was instrumental in having JF80 shoot at him (and was right that Brett -while not scum- had hopes of being converted to scum). If I feel someone is really standing out to me -like I feel the pirate is in this game- I won't hesitate to go after that person no matter what stage of the game we're in.

If we're going to meta-game, let's at least do it right.

If Crusher was going to ping me at all, it would be because he seems to be agreeing with me a lot, and has such a clear read on me. Haha! But he's right, I'm pushier as town than scum.

In fact, just in case there's a lie detector in this roled up game (and I hate lie detectors): I am town. I am not scum.

Have at it.

That's the thing that'll continue to bother me about your play. Why lynch the ape? What does that get you? Do you really think there's a decent chance he's scum? I don't. And I'm so clearly on the record with that point that you'd go down the road of lynch probable-townie I20ape, then accuse me of being scum for "knowing" the monkey was town - because only scum would "know" such a thing. Is that how this game works?

Push me to L2, I will reveal, and the town can decide what they think about it. That's fine by me. It's a waste from my perspective (obviously), but my reveal will do little to help or hurt the town.

That's the thing that'll continue to bother me about your play. Why lynch the ape? What does that get you? Do you really think there's a decent chance he's scum? I don't. And I'm so clearly on the record with that point that you'd go down the road of lynch probable-townie I20ape, then accuse me of being scum for "knowing" the monkey was town - because only scum would "know" such a thing. Is that how this game works?

Push me to L2, I will reveal, and the town can decide what they think about it. That's fine by me. It's a waste from my perspective (obviously), but my reveal will do little to help or hurt the town.

I think the chance of the ape being scum is as good as you or dpr... plus it gives information on a bunch of people since him and dpr were the focal point of day 1, plus, selfishly, it gets him off the board... he's distracting me.. sometimes it's better to just let your opponnent take that unprotected pawn, rather then devoting a ton of attention trying to save him..

Archived