So, are we allowed to talk about David Tyree?

ZachEY

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah. he is a douchebag. The last thing we need in our lives is more intolerance. I'm amazed at the anger and violence people display when it comes to sports and frankly its embarrassing. Then this is just dumb. I wish people would just chill out.

So the guy expresses his opinion and you disagree with him but HE is the intolerant douchebag? LOL at you.

"... to call it marriage is not something I would ever agree with or think that our government has the right to change the definition of marriage when it didn't start here."

I guess our government didn't have the right to end slavery, since it didn't start here either. :rolleyes:

Since he signed a 1 day contract last year to retire a Giant - I got to see, this afternoon on NFL channel, all i ever want to see or hear of him and his supporting cast of dickhead team mates when I watched the replay of last years uber epic choke job to the Eagles. it was so good .... it's would be digital bliss watching it once a month for the rest of my life.

So the guy expresses his opinion and you disagree with him but HE is the intolerant douchebag? LOL at you.

Needless to say that's some faulty logic. You'd never be able to end intolerance, if you regard not tolerating intolerance an intolerant act in itself.

An example: A: "XYZ should all die."

B: "That's silly and irrational--I can't tolerate someone letting that happen."

A: "You disagree with me and consider me intolerant! Ha! Look at your intolerance!"

Needless to say that's some faulty logic. You'd never be able to end intolerance, if you regard not tolerating intolerance an intolerant act in itself.

A: "You disagree with me and consider me intolerant! Ha! Look at your intolerance!"

You know WE, you shouldn't be so intolerant of the intolerance of other people's intolerance.

Oh you, with your words.

But he is intolerant. He is advocating for inequality among american citizens. He is promoting an ignorant mentality. Me disagreeing with him is not intolerant.

He is allowed to have an opinion. Me disagreeing with him is not intolerant. I suggest you understand the word intolerant before you start flaming

No test tubes do. If Adam and steve are an offront to "God" why is it ok for people who can't concieve naturally to create on because of medical advances.

The people who cite God as a reason for opposing same-sex marriage usually do not approve of infertility treatments either.

If he doesn't want to belong to a religious institution that accepts gay marriage, fine. Who cares? But why should anyone care if two dudes want to get "married" in a civil ceremony? I don't get it. If you don't believe in same sex marriage, don't get into one. Why can't it be that simple? Why do people feel the need to impose their values on other people when it has absolutely no effect on them whatsoever?

This whole thing has had me flummoxed for days. Why is it exactly that David Tyree's social and legal opinions are taken this legitimately?

Cause he can catch a football with his head. People are impressed by that sh*t. I knew a chick that could open a beer bottle with her cooch and when she talked people listened.

If he doesn't want to belong to a religious institution that accepts gay marriage, fine. Who cares? But why should anyone care if two dudes want to get "married" in a civil ceremony? I don't get it. If you don't believe in same sex marriage, don't get into one. Why can't it be that simple? Why do people feel the need to impose their values on other people when it has absolutely no effect on them whatsoever?

As a Christian I agree with this,. I would be little freaked out if my Church started marrying gays but at the same time as far as a civil union see no issue with it. Most straights suck at marriage, maybe the gays could do better.

I live in the same neighborhood as Tyree, and although I completely disagree with his opinions, I can vouch for the fact that he is not a bad guy, not stupid, not mean, is a devoted father to his (several) children and is not in any way an angry bible-thumper. He is uber-religious. The effect of early struggles with the law and a desire o turn his life around. His route to a positive lifestyle is based heavily on his religious belief system. Personally I never had any use for religion, but it works for some folks and I guess it worked for him and his family. So he takes a stance like many ultra-christians, against non-traditional lifestyles, abortion, etc. The question to me is not why he cares so deeply about whether gays can marry or not, but rather, why anyone else cares what he thinks about gay mariage. If you believe in freedom of speech, then he's done nothing wrong. If you believe in the right of gay marriage, then don't listen to him. Pretty simple. I don't think he's a dooshie, and I could care less who marries whom.

00004f1.jpg

Do you think he hiked up his shirt a little bit for this picture or was he asked to?

When Tyree caught that ball to end the Patriots season, I wanted to kiss him on the mouth. Wonder what he would think about that, lol.

Its cool, as long as you dont get married.

But he is intolerant. He is advocating for inequality among american citizens. He is promoting an ignorant mentality. Me disagreeing with him is not intolerant.

He is allowed to have an opinion. Me disagreeing with him is not intolerant. I suggest you understand the word intolerant before you start flaming

in·tol·er·ant/inˈtälərənt/Adjective

1. Not tolerant of others' views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own

Yeah, calling him a Dbag pretty much means you are.

Archived