Movies We've Seen Thread

I love that movie, nearly as underrated Jackie Brown. Beautiful women in that cast made it easy to digest, props to Sydney Tamilia Poitier on having sexy feet like that.

More power to you Man I was bored to tears by the 2 hours of girltalk. And I've been a huge Tarantino fan even before Pulp Fiction when it became hip to like him. I liked Jackie Brown - this movie not so much

Hrmmm... Liked it the first time, but only watched it one other. Didn't seem like it could sniff Matrix 1, but maybe I'll have to watch it a few more times.

What I found worked for me was focusing on only one or two actor each viewing and watching how their characters change from one life to the other. Some are much harder to figure out (Hugh Grant's was a tough one for me), but it all comes together when the Korean girl gives the bodies monologue towards the end.

Kids must be frustrating if you're a movie lover. You get so many nowadays that are made specifically to be seen in the theater, everyone tells you Gravity is awesome and then you catch it on your 50 inch and think it's terrible, then the kid is sticking their head in a microwave before you even have time to ponder what the hell everyone else was thinking.

Not so much, there are a ton of movies that they haven't seen yet,

My local library is the t!ts, and I borrow a ton of movies from there.

I had them watch Better Off Dead & Ferris Bueller's Day Off and they loved them. Back To The Future is next on the list. 

My girls are older to the point where I can at least move into the PG-13 range as far as movies are concerned. 

Much to my wife's dismay the kids are into the same kinds of movies I'm into, which my wife hates. 

Anything with a lot of action, sci-fi, special effects usually fits the bill. Kids don't have great attention spans when it comes to dialogue so you need to pick movies that don't drag.

To their credit, they've seen all of the LOTR movies and Hobbit movies in their entirely, and they love them. 

Not so much, there are a ton of movies that they haven't seen yet,

My local library is the t!ts, and I borrow a ton of movies from there.

I had them watch Better Off Dead & Ferris Bueller's Day Off and they loved them. Back To The Future is next on the list.

My girls are older to the point where I can at least move into the PG-13 range as far as movies are concerned.

Much to my wife's dismay the kids are into the same kinds of movies I'm into, which my wife hates.

Anything with a lot of action, sci-fi, special effects usually fits the bill. Kids don't have great attention spans when it comes to dialogue so you need to pick movies that don't drag.

To their credit, they've seen all of the LOTR movies and Hobbit movies in their entirely, and they love them.

Right. That's exactly what I was getting at. My point was about actually getting to the theater, because we are in an era of movie making where things are made specifically for the big screen. The Hobbit movies, or Interstellar, or Gravity, don't come anything close to what it's like in its intended format otherwise. Interstellar was shot in 70 mm, for instance, watching that at home is akin to listening to Abbey Road for the first time on your iPhone speakers. I'm sure the tradeoff is great and having a loving family can't even compare, but if you're an action and SciFi lover it's gotta be frustrating every now and then.

I'm sure that changes when they get older, but those first 5-6 years...I mean come on, you can't be that guy who brings his infant into an opening night showing of The Dark Knight. The Joker is slamming some guy's head onto a pencil and your kid's crying and annoying everyone because he shat his pants or something. Can't be that guy.

I've been without cable for a while (honestly thinking of not getting it because its awesome not having it)...but the weather has been sh*tty so I've been RedBox'ing the sh*t out of movies.

Equalizer: fun movie but absolutely ridiculous.  This should have been a Jason Statham type movie, not Denzel.  

Guardians of the Galaxy: fun movie, entertaining, pretty funny actually.  enjoyed it

XMen - Days of Future Past: holy wow is it that movie amazing. loved it

Dawn of the Apes: I'm a planet of the apes nut so I might be biased but this movie rocks the party that rocks the body.  Amazing,

Snowpiercer: interesting movie, entertaining, didnt love it, didnt hate it

Draft Day: good enough for a Football fanatic but not great by any means

Chef: loved this flick.  Fun, light hearted comedy, with some killer star appearances that I had no clue were in the movie

Sex Tape: some funny parts, not really good, Cameron Diaz is still really hot and has a great ass

Watched some illegal downloads too:

Fury: unreal.  ******* awesome.  Bad ass must see movie.  One of my favorites in a long time.

Dumb and Dumber 2: painfully bad.  I literally was expecting them to stop after 15 minutes, laugh and start the real movie.  I didnt make it half hour. 

The Interview: overall terrible with a few funny parts.

Right. That's exactly what I was getting at. My point was about actually getting to the theater, because we are in an era of movie making where things are made specifically for the big screen. The Hobbit movies, or Interstellar, or Gravity, don't come anything close to what it's like in its intended format otherwise. Interstellar was shot in 70 mm, for instance, watching that at home is akin to listening to Abbey Road for the first time on your iPhone speakers. I'm sure the tradeoff is great and having a loving family can't even compare, but if you're an action and SciFi lover it's gotta be frustrating every now and then.

I'm sure that changes when they get older, but those first 5-6 years...I mean come on, you can't be that guy who brings his infant into an opening night showing of The Dark Knight. The Joker is slamming some guy's head onto a pencil and your kid's crying and annoying everyone because he shat his pants or something. Can't be that guy.

I sat down with my 9 month and watched Manos last night.

She's going to be a messed up kid.

• Upvote 1

I expected it to be watchable. It was so bad. Like worst movie of all time bad. I felt sooo bad for those guys watching that movie. It was like watching a slow painful death.

Really hard to watch, but I didn't have internet or cable at the time.

I usually don't get out to see things in theaters anyway, but I did drag the girls with me to see the last Hobbit move. 

We watched the first 2 on consecutive weekends beforehand to make sure they were up to speed.

Hopefully they'll remain nerdy enough to go with me to see these movies that my wife abhors. 

I've been without cable for a while (honestly thinking of not getting it because its awesome not having it)...but the weather has been sh*tty so I've been RedBox'ing the sh*t out of movies.

Equalizer: fun movie but absolutely ridiculous.  This should have been a Jason Statham type movie, not Denzel.  

Guardians of the Galaxy: fun movie, entertaining, pretty funny actually.  enjoyed it

XMen - Days of Future Past: holy wow is it that movie amazing. loved it

Dawn of the Apes: I'm a planet of the apes nut so I might be biased but this movie rocks the party that rocks the body.  Amazing,

Snowpiercer: interesting movie, entertaining, didnt love it, didnt hate it

Draft Day: good enough for a Football fanatic but not great by any means

Chef: loved this flick.  Fun, light hearted comedy, with some killer star appearances that I had no clue were in the movie

Sex Tape: some funny parts, not really good, Cameron Diaz is still really hot and has a great ass

Watched some illegal downloads too:

Fury: unreal.  ******* awesome.  Bad ass must see movie.  One of my favorites in a long time.

Dumb and Dumber 2: painfully bad.  I literally was expecting them to stop after 15 minutes, laugh and start the real movie.  I didnt make it half hour. 

The Interview: overall terrible with a few funny parts.

Fury had its moments I thought the battle with the tiger tank was great but all these war movies are the same thing with the same climax "We're outnumbah'd and gunna die eff it"

The Interview got better once they got to North Korea. The forced schtick with celebrity cameos in the beginning was embarrassingly bad.

He's the only tolerable part of Caddyshack 2. That has to count for something. It's also impossible for me to dislike anyone that was in Sneakers.

The only tolerable part of Caddyshack 2 was Randy Quaid, and you know it. Aykroyd was horrible and cringeworthy.

Everything I've ever seen him in, he's clearly the worst part of it.

Watched a movie called Labor Day the other night. I think Josh Brolin's work has been mostly good lately, had no idea what this was. Well, this was one of those movies that makes you think, "What happened in this writer's life to make them come up with this?"

It's mostly an uncomfortable study of the psychology of losing a child, put into a strange context. I'm not even sure I'd recommend it, unless you are the type that likes to try and decode the meaning of unfixable heartache.