Movies We've Seen Thread

Spoonman! 

Apparently she was in Army of Darkness too, but I didn't remember that.

Random useless factoid about that btw: The reason she got that part, (the third actress to play Linda), is because Denise Bixler married Steve Guttenberg after Evil Dead II and stopped acting. I have no idea why Linda being played by a different actress every time makes the trilogy better, but it just does.

Random useless factoid about that btw: The reason she got that part, (the third actress to play Linda), is because Denise Bixler married Steve Guttenberg after Evil Dead II and stopped acting. I have no idea why Linda being played by a different actress every time makes the trilogy better, but it just does.

Is that sort of like the Griswold kids?

Original Assault is awesome. I miss old Carpenter. The Thing and Escape from New York would be top twenty all-time SciFi movies for me.

Carpenter is a genius. He improvised the original Halloween movie. The studio ordered him to make a movie about a killer that takes place on Halloween on and we have no script.

Finally got around to watching Gone Girl last night. 

Frankly, I thought it was excellent. I liked it in the weird, aesthetically pleasing, and uncomfortably interested way that I liked True Detectives and Clockwork Orange. I can't really explain it beyond that. Rosamund Pike surprised me - I'd seen her in some other stuff and logged her as "pretty, but mechanical" and she totally destroyed that impression of her in this.

Frankly, I thought it was excellent. I liked it in the weird, aesthetically pleasing, and uncomfortably interested way that I liked True Detectives and Clockwork Orange. I can't really explain it beyond that. Rosamund Pike surprised me - I'd seen her in some other stuff and logged her as "pretty, but mechanical" and she totally destroyed that impression of her in this.

I liked it too. Fincher's in the same territory as Nolan, he's reached a level where everything he does is going to be over-scrutinized to death because the Internet. Gone Girl was great and so was his version of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

• Upvote 2

That's next on the list.  My wife loved the book.  After reading your and other's reviews, can't wait to see the flick.

I liked it too. Fincher's in the same territory as Nolan, he's reached a level where everything he does is going to be over-scrutinized to death because the Internet. Gone Girl was great and so was his version of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

Fincher is on another planet in terms of creativity and attention to detail in his projects.  Nolan is not far behind.  I missed "Interstellar" in theaters, so will dial it up when it's released on Amazon.

so I got all fancy recently and got HD cable box, smart TV and netflix

snowpiercer here I come !!!!

Fukkin' "Snowpiercer" knocked me out.  What an awesome movie.  So imaginative and well acted.  Kept my whole family's attention from start to finish.

Finally, saw "American Sniper" last night.  Bradley Cooper's performance was outstanding.  But I thought the flick was one dimensional and repeated the same scenes/themes repeatedly.  A good movie, but no way should it have been up for best picture.

Fincher is on another planet in terms of creativity and attention to detail in his projects.  Nolan is not far behind.  I missed "Interstellar" in theaters, so will dial it up when it's released on Amazon.

I wish he would have been willing to get involved with the special edition of Alien 3. The studio did an admirable job of fixing it but I wonder how he would have approached it. It's held up over time very well and fans have warmed up to it, especially since the Assembly Cut got released.

• Upvote 1

I don't know what is with you guys.  They just fall asleep and you can watch whatever you want.  Even La Fenech in Giovannona Coscialunga Dishonorata Con Onore or Gloria Guida and Lilli Carati in Avere Vent'Anni.

If I have to go to ******* Home Goods, she needs to watch Cannibal Holocaust.

• Upvote 1