*EDIT: BREAKING* OchoCinco to New England.

Vudu

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Ocho is done. Hes been a shell the last two years and Im very happy the Jets did not get him since there were so many rumors about that the last few months. He would have been a terrible replacement for Edwards.

Not really, if 1800yrds and 13 Td's is a "shell", then thats a pretty damn good shell considering how awful Carson Palmer has been since his injury.

Tom Brady will get him 1200+ and 10+ TD's. Book it.

This. The Pats are making moves based on what the Jets are doing. The Jets are not making moves based on what the Pats are doing. The Jets are the team to beat in the division now.

We haven't won the division since you grew hair on your penis, how the hell can you type that? Love you Bro, but DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're kidding right?

Tom Brady isnt Carson Palmer.

Ocho is an absolute stud. He's produced big time numbers with the likes of John Kitna, Ryan Fitzpatrick. When Palmer wasnt sh*tty before his injury, Ocho was easily a top 10 WR and he ever produced post injury when Carson sucked balls. He's 2 years removed from a 1,000 yard season with Fitz.

Chad was one of the best in the league for a long time and he's got plenty in his tank. He's like TO, he takes incredible care of his body, he doesnt drink or smoke, he's boisterous, but he wants to win.

This is a great trade for the Pats. He's instantly their best receiver.

Both thier moves today were great, low risk, extremely high reward. BB has a history of dealing with malcontents. And that locker room leads each other too. Very good moves for the Pats today. Pissed Ocho is a Pat. <3 that dude.

PS: they are scared of the Jets :P

Well after we sign Nnamdi, Belicheck and Brady will wonder who else they can throw to. :)

Not really, if 1800yrds and 13 Td's is a "shell", then thats a pretty damn good shell considering how awful Carson Palmer has been since his injury.

Yeah, JiF. Argue with Jason. You'll win that one just like you conquered genital herpes.

Last year against the Fish, Bills and Pats (combined): 10 catches, 103 yards, 1 TD. That's about 3 grabs for 33 yards per against the physical corners in this division. And don't give me this sh*t that his QB sucked because TO was killing people on the other side.

Last year against the Fish, Bills and Pats (combined): 10 catches, 103 yards, 1 TD. That's about 3 grabs for 33 yards per against the physical corners in this division. And don't give me this sh*t that his QB sucked because TO was killing people on the other side.

Nice! I agree Ochostinko licks balls at football.

It's gonna be awfully tough to put up numbers like that in only 14 games.

I think Ocho is done. Hes been a shell the last two years and Im very happy the Jets did not get him since there were so many rumors about that the last few months. He would have been a terrible replacement for Edwards.

+1 his game is weak his mouth is strong. the Pats moves don't faze me one bit.

Honestly, he's physically declined. Will look better than he is with Brady though, enough for the media to eat this up and say it was a genius move and all that.

and if the Jets had signed Ocho it would have been a terrible move.

Yikes! I'm sure gonna dread his 2 catches for 8 yds against us this year. In both games combined. :yawn:

I wonder who will shut him down. We should get a vcash bet going:

1:1 odds on Revis

1:2 odds on Asomugha

1:15 odds on friggin' Kyle Wilson! (bwaha)

1:500 odds he actually does something damaging

Yeah, JiF. Argue with Jason. You'll win that one just like you conquered genital herpes.

Didnt know Jason was Yoda.

We'll see buddy.

You dont have the career that guy has in the AFCN if you cant handle physical play, which you implied. And what Pats receiver can handle physical play? They're all a bunch of pussies who benefit from the system and Tom Brady.

I wonder who will shut him down. We should get a vcash bet going:

1:1 odds on Revis

1:2 odds on Asomugha

1:15 odds on friggin' Kyle Wilson! (bwaha)

1:500 odds he actually does something damaging

I'll lay money on Kyle. Ocho doesn't scare me at all. We should have our 20% of the cap CB's covering Welker and Branch.

Ochocinco hints he’s heading to the Patriots

Posted by Mike Florio on July 28, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT

Getty Images

Albert Haynesworth may not be the only new arrival in New England this week.

Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco is dropping hints that he’ll be a Patriot. And he’s dropping the hints in a most unusual way.

James Shively (@JC_Shively) of Cincinnati has a Twitter page. Earlier today, he complained about persistent rumors and reports that Ochocinco will be cut.

Wrote Shively: “So much 4 @ochocinco getting cut by the #Bengals… Media dont know squat. Always tryin 2 stir drama up.”

Shively received a “direct message” from Ochocinco. Said Ochocinco: “Media knows nothing but I’m going to enjoy clam chowder.” (We’ve seen the screen shot of the message.)

For those of you who are still using far lamer social media like Facebook and MySpace, a “direct message” is a device for sending a message to only one follower. Ochocinco would have known about Shively’s comment because users can see at any time a list of all tweets in which their Twitter name (in this case, @ochocinco) is mentioned.

For example, Ochocinco doesn’t follow the PFT Twitter page, but he routinely to reacts to tweets in which we mention him, often with a threat to “whoop [my] a$$.”

We don’t put any more stock in this one than we do in the fact that, on Wednesday, someone with the Eagles listed “Rodgers-Cromartie” among the various players whose jersey could be ordered via the online store.

Then again, Rodgers-Cromartie is now an Eagle.

So I guess Ocho will be getting shut down twice a year...3 times possibly. lol.

I doubt it. Palmer is horribly overrated because of his draft stock, but its not like hes a total piece of garbage out on the field either. He did put up almost 4000 yards this past season. OchoCinco accounted for only 831 of them. The last three years have all been big dropoffs from his peak and hes become a possession type receiver, which is not really his game. You cant count on him for 16 games anymore and hes at an age where expecting a rebound isnt going to happen. Even when he was really good he was kind of wacky in that he would go out and have 4 or 5 ridiculous games a year and be invisible in some other games. He doesnt have it in him anymore to have all those ridiculous games to pad the stats. In the last three years hes been about as productive on the field as Edwards, who is 5 years younger and has played with far worse players at QB and thats not even debatable.

You dont have the career that guy has in the AFCN if you cant handle physical play, which you implied. And what Pats receiver can handle physical play? They're all a bunch of pussies who benefit from the system and Tom Brady.

Art Monk had a great career, too. Homeboy's dead now.

Johnson made the pro bowl in 2009. 1047 yards and 9 TDs.

His career TD high for 1 season is 10. Hardly a shell.

Johnson made the pro bowl in 2009. 1047 yards and 9 TDs.

His career TD high for 1 season is 10. Hardly a shell.

He made a pro bowl off rep. The guy used to go for 1350 at 15 yards a catch. Now he goes for about 900 at 12 and is trending down. Emotionally he gets taken out of football games when he doesnt get off to a fast start and last year he hated the fact that most teams in the league no longer treated him as a number 1 and treated Owens as the top guy on his team with the way they rolled coverages. I would think he would get the same treatment in NE, though Owens is more dangerous than Branch. As long as NE is winning hell be happy, so I dont think he will get angry the way he did in Cincy, but this is closer to Joey Galloway than Randy Moss. Maybe they figured he fit better in the Pats new dink and dunk style of offense, but Im surprised NE didnt go after Edwards. Younger player. Far more dangerous on the field. Playing with a guy like Brady, Edwards is a legit 1000+ yard guy that is going to put up a monster play each game.

Archived