Randy Moss Retires

Irish Jet

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6823929/randy-moss-retire-13-seasons-153-touchdowns

By Adam Schefter

ESPN

Archive

Future Hall of Fame receiver Randy Moss has decided to retire rather than continue playing.

"After weighing his options and contemplating offers, he's decided to retire," Moss' agent, Joel Segal said Monday.

Moss, 34, played 13 seasons, caught 954 passes for 14,858 yards and 153 touchdowns.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6823929/randy-moss-retire-13-seasons-153-touchdowns

By Adam Schefter

ESPN

Archive

Future Hall of Fame receiver Randy Moss has decided to retire rather than continue playing.

"After weighing his options and contemplating offers, he's decided to retire," Moss' agent, Joel Segal said Monday.

Moss, 34, played 13 seasons, caught 954 passes for 14,858 yards and 153 touchdowns.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

Did this really need two threads? B)

Looks like most people aren't taking this retirement seriously lol. I had a feeling when the Jets couldn't sign him that the entire issue was money. No team in the NFL wants to give him big money, but his giant ego won't let him take less.

Eventually his agent will convince him that taking a smaller contract this year of a few million (Burress got $3M, so it's reasonably for him to get maybe even above that a bit) could lead to a bigger contract, and at worst case scenario it's still money vs. no money.

I'll go as far as to say the most physically gifted receiver ever. Not going to give him the GOAT label, but he is without a doubt, in my opinion, the most physically gifted of them.

At his best, yes, I absolutely agree with this. Too bad his head was sometimes in a cloud (of smoke, probably).

Definitely a HOF'er though. Has to be.

Cris Carter, a former teammate of Randy Moss in Minnesota, hinted Monday the Patriots offered Moss a one-year deal to return for the 2011 season, but the wide receiver wanted a multiyear contract. When that didn’t materialize — along with a possible deal with the Jets — he made the decision to call it a career.

“What I think forced (his retirement) was No. 1, New England trading for (Chad) Ochocinco,” Carter said when asked about Moss on ESPN. “That’s the No. 1 place he wanted to go to. His biggest problem with New England was he didn’t want a one-year deal. New England wanted to sign him to a one-year deal. As you can see, New England gave Chad that three-year deal.

“The next team he wanted to go to was the New York Jets. Now they had someone, a big receiver, who decided to take the one-year deal: Plaxico Burress.

“When those two teams were removed from him and his ability to go play with them, I think that Randy reacted a lot like the Randy that came into the league, like the Randy we’ve seen, and he said, ‘You know something? I’m not just going to play for anyone.’”

A bit ridiculous sounding, but Carter actually goes to the same barber shop as me in Delray, believe it or not he predicted this would happen at the end of last season. Told everyone in there that if he couldn't shore up a long term deal with a contender he'd be out. Said he wanted back on the Pats badly and that he also wanted to play for Rex after seeing how he handled things with guys like Tone and Braylon.

I'll go as far as to say the most physically gifted receiver ever. Not going to give him the GOAT label, but he is without a doubt, in my opinion, the most physically gifted of them.

easily. guy was insane.. if he had Rice's work ethic he'd own every record by a large margin

Moss is a weird, sensitive dude. Not Ricky Williams level weird, but pretty unique in his own right. I am not surprised by this, and I wish him well.

If the Pats have a couple WRs go down, I could see BB giving him a call.

Archived