All things Cotchery

MarylandJetsFan

Why did he want to be released? I understand he didn't want to take a pay cut but now he's not making anything, right? If he goes to another team they will get him cheap, too. Just goes to show , it doesn't matter if you are loud or quiet, classy or not..

He wants to be a starter.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. I feel for the guy but at the same time, meh. This is the nature of the game.

I dont have to much sympathy... Really I thought his side of the story kinda sucked.

He talks about how much he wants to be a leader... But instead of supporting the team improving itself he takes his ball and goes home because he thinks hes better than he really is.

Loved that he gave it all he could when he was here... But well be fine without him.

The New York Daily News confirms that the Jets have a contract offer on the table for free agent Derrick Mason.

However, beat writer Manish Mehta cautions that there is "no guarantee" Mason will accept. The 37-year-old is believed to have other offers available. The Jets can offer a shot at a Super Bowl, as well as a full-time role in the slot.

That's weird. How does such a horribly awful, completely useless, locker room cancer have contract offers from multiple teams? Those teams must all be run by a bunch of idiots.

I dont have to much sympathy... Really I thought his side of the story kinda sucked.

He talks about how much he wants to be a leader... But instead of supporting the team improving itself he takes his ball and goes home because he thinks hes better than he really is.

Loved that he gave it all he could when he was here... But well be fine without him.

Yea. I only feel for him because we were constantly importing talent. But in the end why would we pass up on the receivers we imported? Is what it is hence my meh. Thanks and see you around Cotch.

Give me a break....

"He wanted to be traded/released"

This is the NFL.... Since when does a team ever cave into a players demands? Look at Carson Palmer for god sakes!!!!

I just can't figure out why they couldn't keep him this year.

Ok you, me, visa and stoic...golf tomorrow.

Give me a break....

This is the NFL.... Since when does a team ever cave into a players demands? Look at Carson Palmer for god sakes!!!!

21 posts and I think I'm already on to you. You subscribe to the Negativity = Intelligence school of thought, don't ya?

Give me a break....

Dude. Have you hit your limit on new HORRIBLE threads yet today? Sheesh... put these half-witted comments in one of the 17 threads that already exist on the subject.

Cotch is done

LOL, yeah a 29 year old WR has one bad season and an injury and he's done, yet this 37 year old is the future?

**** this move. **** it. It's awful, literally no justification for this sh*t at all. If we were going to take a chance on a likely broken down 37 year old I'd have gone with the future HOF alterate in Terrell Owens.

LOL, yeah a 29 year old WR has one bad season and an injury and he's done, yet this 37 year old is the future?

**** this move. **** it. It's awful, literally no justification for this sh*t at all. If we were going to take a chance on a likely broken down 37 year old I'd have gone with the future HOF alterate in Terrell Owens.

You know damn well Mason is a one year stop gap just so the younger players can mature. Truth is I don't think he wants to come here.

This. The team took Cotchery for granted...and he eventually stood up and said "I'm out."

None of us know what really happened. Emotions run high when something like this happens. Rex said this, JCo said that. I do know 1 thing the WR corps is not equal or better than the last years team. If this was about improving I will wait and see or maybe JCos injury was worse than reported?

You know damn well Mason is a one year stop gap just so the younger players can mature. Truth is I don't think he wants to come here.

And how great is that for Sanchez, another one and possibly two WR's going to bail after a year of service? The guy has to put with enough sh*t with his braindead OC and now we throw this sh*t on him? I was content with us loosing Edwards because I do believe it's time for Sanchez himself to step up rather than relying on his circumstance, but this is just stupid. Holmes has only played here for one season, after that he has to create chemistry with 4-5 new WR's and even that's not going to last. **** this move, **** it.

None of us know what really happened. Emotions run high when something like this happens. Rex said this, JCo said that. I do know 1 thing the WR corps is not equal or better than the last years team. If this was about improving I will wait and see or maybe JCos injury was worse than reported?

Actually they didn't say contradictory things... as you allude to.

Cotch said he didn't want to take a pay cut, wanted a chance to start and knew it was time to move on.

Rex said Cotch asked for a trade or to be released... which is more or less the only outcome to a situation where the player won't take a pay cut.

And how great is that for Sanchez, another one and possibly two WR's going to bail after a year of service? The guy has to put with enough sh*t with his braindead OC and now we throw this sh*t on him? I was content with us loosing Edwards because I do believe it's time for Sanchez himself to step up rather than relying on his circumstance, but this is just stupid. Holmes has only played here for one season, after that he has to create chemistry with 4-5 new WR's and even that's going to last. **** this move, **** it.

I understand that. At the same time I think they are just biding time until Sanchez can find chemistry with one of the young wide outs. The J-co situation sucks but I don;t think he would have been here much pass this year anyhow. This is a defense first team, I think we will see alot of this on the offensive side of the ball.

I meant we has done as a Jet.

I understand that. At the same time I think they are just biding time until Sanchez can find chemistry with one of the young wide outs. The J-co situation sucks but I don;t think he would have been here much pass this year anyhow. This is a defense first team, I think we will see alot of this on the offensive side of the ball.

I know it's a defense first team and that will get us to the playoffs again, no doubt about. But in a year were we are supposed to be pushing for a Superbowl and with Sanchez showing some signs of progression, there's just no sense at all in this move. This isn't a year to bide time, this is a year to produce.

Fifth-round rookie Jeremy Kerley is taking first- and second-team reps at Jets camp, and Mark Sanchez described him as a "baller."

Kerley has also drawn rave reviews from beat writers watching practice. "He's just a baller," Sanchez said. "He's doing great. For a guy who didn't know much of the playbook coming in, he's picked it up really fast." Kerley played in the slot at TCU, and is also an option on returns. He's the Jets' fallback option as a third receiver if they can't sign free agent Derrick Mason

Fifth-round rookie Jeremy Kerley is taking first- and second-team reps at Jets camp, and Mark Sanchez described him as a "baller."

Kerley has also drawn rave reviews from beat writers watching practice. "He's just a baller," Sanchez said. "He's doing great. For a guy who didn't know much of the playbook coming in, he's picked it up really fast." Kerley played in the slot at TCU, and is also an option on returns. He's the Jets' fallback option as a third receiver if they can't sign free agent Derrick Mason

This is terrible!

Just read on twitter that Mason really wants the #Jets - just like Aso!

And how great is that for Sanchez, another one and possibly two WR's going to bail after a year of service? The guy has to put with enough sh*t with his braindead OC and now we throw this sh*t on him? I was content with us loosing Edwards because I do believe it's time for Sanchez himself to step up rather than relying on his circumstance, but this is just stupid. Holmes has only played here for one season, after that he has to create chemistry with 4-5 new WR's and even that's not going to last. **** this move, **** it.

Sanchez has continuity with Holmes, Keller, LT, & Greene - three of the four players who caught more than 50 passes from him last year. He'll need to break in one or two veteran WR's who have both proven they can jump to a new team and produce right away. They got a rookie in Kerley who looks like he just might be the real deal in the slot, and he's signed for the next four years.

It's not so bad.

Sanchez has continuity with Holmes, Keller, LT, & Greene - three of the four players who caught more than 50 passes from him last year. He'll need to break in one or two veteran WR's who have both proven they can jump to a new team and produce right away. They got a rookie in Kerley who looks like he just might be the real deal in the slot, and he's signed for the next four years.

It's not so bad.

Holmes is the obvious one, we had to sign him. I'd take him over Edwards every day of the week and I expect him to be our main guy for 5+ years. Keller is garbage.

Greene is not a pass catching RB and LT is probably going to drop production wise and won't see the field as often. Not saying he's done but to expect him to be what he was last season isn't wise.

Kerley is promising as a slot guy, fact remains that we're heading into THIS season with two WR's over 34 at #2 and #3, the younger of which just got out of prison and hasn't played in 2 years. It's ridiculous to assume there won't be a major drop off with one if not both. So that's what Sanchez has to work with, in this our Superbowl season to be. ****ing incredible.

Just read on twitter that Mason really wants the #Jets - just like Aso!

It's not so bad.

Please refrain from listing Greene when mentioning pass catchers. Thank you.

Archived