Talk about sore losers

nycdan

"It's our fault," Chargers tight end Randy McMichael said. "You can ask any question you want to ask. The San Diego Chargers beat the San Diego Chargers . Nothing to do with the New York Jets . It's embarrassing."

Not that the Jets haven't had their share of stupid sound-bytes this year, but wow...doesn't this guy have a friend or a team PR guy to tell him when he's just talking too much?

San Diego Chargers TE Randy McMichael was interviewed after the NY Jets beat the San Diego Chargers this afternoon. A recap appears below, courtesy of the NY Jets PR Department.

On the loss…

We had them down and we took our foot off the gas. I’m not giving credit to anybody. This is our fault. Nothing to do with the play calling. We took our foot off the gas pedal and we lost because of it.

On the Jets secondary…

Their secondary isn’t anything. It’s our fault. It had nothing to do with anyone on their team. The guys in this locker room, we lost the game.

On penalties…

It’s our fault. You can ask any question you want to ask. The San Diego Chargers beat the San Diego Chargers. Nothing to do with the New York Jets. It’s embarrassing, but it is what it is. We have more games to play. We’ll get ready to play whoever we play Sunday (Kansas City). They won, I’m not giving anyone credit. I’m taking the credit away from us.

sdg.gif

San Diego Chargers TE Randy McMichael was interviewed after the NY Jets beat the San Diego Chargers this afternoon.  A recap appears below, courtesy of the NY Jets PR Department.

On the loss…

We had them down and we took our foot off the gas.  I’m not giving credit to anybody.  This is our fault.  Nothing to do with the play calling. We took our foot off the gas pedal and we lost because of it.

On the Jets secondary…

Their secondary isn’t anything. It’s our fault. It had nothing to do with anyone on their team.  The guys in this locker room, we lost the game.

On penalties…

It’s our fault. You can ask any question you want to ask. The San Diego Chargers beat the San Diego Chargers.  Nothing to do with the New York Jets.  It’s embarrassing, but it is what it is.  We have more games to play. We’ll get ready to play whoever we play Sunday (Kansas City). They won, I’m not giving anyone credit. I’m taking the credit away from us.

Our take?  When you lose a game, you don’t have to give credit to anybody.  One thing worth mentioning though is how Rex Ryan handles such matters.  Before a game it does seem that anything and anyone is fair game.  After the game, his sound bytes consistently include praise for the opponent, win or lose.

Their secondary isn’t anything.

Tell us what you think about Randy McMichael’s comments in our

di</img>di</img>

FwRydZ-OwXU

View the full article

Hmmmmmmmm... Who does that sound like? Hmmm???

Rex?

That sounds like Rex? Seriously? I personally think that Rex needs to shut the hell up but he knows how to work the media. Rex makes his statements before the game, laughs his way through the week and along the way he makes sure he praises the opponent.

Even today, Rex went out of his way to praise Norv Turner on the great job he has done in San Diego.

When has Rex ever gone out of his way to not give credit to the other team after a loss?

I think there was one game that he pouted, maybe the Wildcat loss against Miami his first year....but hey it is Miami so there is no need to be nice. :)

San Diego Chargers TE Randy McMichael was interviewed after the NY Jets beat the San Diego Chargers this afternoon. A recap appears below, courtesy of the NY Jets PR Department.

On the loss…

We had them down and we took our foot off the gas. I’m not giving credit to anybody. This is our fault. Nothing to do with the play calling. We took our foot off the gas pedal and we lost because of it.

On the Jets secondary…

Their secondary isn’t anything. It’s our fault. It had nothing to do with anyone on their team. The guys in this locker room, we lost the game.

On penalties…

It’s our fault. You can ask any question you want to ask. The San Diego Chargers beat the San Diego Chargers. Nothing to do with the New York Jets. It’s embarrassing, but it is what it is. We have more games to play. We’ll get ready to play whoever we play Sunday (Kansas City). They won, I’m not giving anyone credit. I’m taking the credit away from us.

Sounds like a he gets his press preparedness from Ryan Leaf. lol.

The guy has a point. That was one of the worst drills I've ever seen run. 1:40 left on the clock with a TO is a lifetime and they completely blew it. They looked completely unprepared and unorganized and I can honestly say that as happy as I am the Jets won, that had a lot less to do with our D and a whole lot to do with how bad of a game Norv coached.

The guy has a point. That was one of the worst drills I've ever seen run. 1:40 left on the clock with a TO is a lifetime and they completely blew it. They looked completely unprepared and unorganized and I can honestly say that as happy as I am the Jets won, that had a lot less to do with our D and a whole lot to do with how bad of a game Norv coached.

So Rex was right.

How about this one, Rivers or Brees. I know the Chargers kind of had to go with Rivers but holy crap!

I think he'll be fine. He's been struggling this year, sure, but he usually hits his stride at the halfway point. Besides, with the level Revis is playing at, I don't think you can take too much from how any QB is performing against this D at the present time. I can't even imagine him not winning DPOY as of right now.

Smith would excel as a linebacker off the bench, he hits hard as hel and would be great in coverage (relative to other linebackers).

I actually agree. Much better than a Josh Mauga anyway. We should really get an athletic free safety in here next season. It is a weak link in a pretty strong chain. That being said, there IS a place for Eric Smith out there. He plays hard and is a good, hard hitting tackler. You need that. A reserve LB would fit IMO

If he was referring to our safeties, he is correct.

Exactly. Our secondary aint all that because he never faced a DB the entire game. In fact, I think they were completely content with leaving McMichaels wide open on every play because he runs at a snails speed.

Our safeties are awful. Eric Smith is just an extra LB. And Leonhard just doesnt seem good this season at all. At least the season before he seemed to make a play every game...whether it was a pick, tackles for loss, pass deflection, punt return,...he seemd to always make a play. Not so much anymore.

I'd like to see more Pool.

Archived