This Sunday

RyanBe_Tebowing

We're going to find out what kind of QB Sanchez is against the Patriots this Sunday. They have the 6th ranked run defense and we struggle to run the ball against anyone with a half way decent run defense. Unless last week wasn't just the colts run defense being that bad, were going to have to throw the ball effectively to win. The Pats defense is very vulnerable being ranked 28th in the league having just given up close to 300 yards, 3 TDs, and allowing a rookie quarterback to complete close to 60 percent of his passes just last week. If Sanchez can't carve that pass defense up in his 4th year as a starter, than he needs to be benched. Oh, and f*ck the pats.

Their defense sucked last year too and he couldnt carve them up. I wouldnt expect that to suddenly change. The guy sucks.

I suspect his stat line will look something like, 175 yards, 1 TD and 2 picks probably a couple of fumble and around 48% completion.

Their defense sucked last year too and he couldnt carve them up. I wouldnt expect that to suddenly change. The guy sucks.

I suspect his stat line will look something like, 175 yards, 1 TD and 2 picks probably a couple of fumble and around 48% completion.

This should be a very interesting game for the offense. 2 big questions:

1 - What is the gameplan going into the game? Does Sparano come in with run, run, pass, punt or is he willing to trust Sanchez to make good decisions with the ball down the field?

2 - If they let Sanchez chuck it can he hit open wr's. Guys will be open vs. the Pats, the question is whether Sanchez can get them the ball or will he throw it out of bounds a la the Houston game.

Can't bench him as we don't have a back-up who can throw.

Love these threads on games nobody marked as a W when the schedule came out. Now because NE blew a comfortable 4th Qtr lead @ Seattle last week we should march up there and suddenly "shred" their secondary.

More concerned about our defense getting torn up anyway.

Your exactly right on the stat line lol

1 - What is the gameplan going into the game? Does Sparano come in with run, run, pass, punt or is he willing to trust Sanchez to make good decisions with the ball down the field?

2 - If they let Sanchez chuck it can he hit open wr's. Guys will be open vs. the Pats, the question is whether Sanchez can get them the ball or will he throw it out of bounds a la the Houston game.

I've actually liked the mix so far by Sparano and I like the offense from a play design standpoint, he gets guy open, one on one down field. Sanchez just misses them, a lot.

He'll give them a ton of looks and play a ball controlled offense taking a shot here and there but dont expect a wide open game plan of Sanchez slinging it all around the field.

Your exactly right on the stat line lol

I'm not proud of it, the kids just bad.

We're going to find out what kind of QB Sanchez is against the Patriots this Sunday. They have the 6th ranked run defense and we struggle to run the ball against anyone with a half way decent run defense. Unless last week wasn't just the colts run defense being that bad, were going to have to throw the ball effectively to win. The Pats defense is very vulnerable being ranked 28th in the league having just given up close to 300 yards, 3 TDs, and allowing a rookie quarterback to complete close to 60 percent of his passes just last week. If Sanchez can't carve that pass defense up in his 4th year as a starter, than he needs to be benched. Oh, and f*ck the pats.

Benched for who ? Let me guess Tebow ? Maybe McElroy ?

Will you guys put a F'n sock in it already.

We go through this crap every week. "Well if Sanchez doesn't get it done this week he should be benched" Again for who ?

No matter who put in there the Jets are not going to the playoffs, they are not going to the AFC Championship, and they sure as hell are not going to the Super Bowl.

Enjoy the season for what it is, and let's hope the Jets go out and get a QB next year.

If it was me, the last thing I want to do is get into a track meet with the Pats. The best way to do that be able to run the football and work play action off of that and take some shots at a weak Pats secondary. It is imperative that the Jets somehow generate a running game with Greene, Tebow, whoever. Keep Brady and the Pats O on the sideline for long stretches.

So this is the well that matters. The 3 seasons and 6 games were all prep to see where Sanchez was at now?

Last year the Pats couldn't defend the pass against anyone either.... Well exempt for Sanchez it seemed.

So this is the well that matters. The 3 seasons and 6 games were all prep to see where Sanchez was at now?

Last year the Pats couldn't defend the pass against anyone either.... Well exempt for Sanchez it seemed.

Duh that was Schotty not Sanchez, come on where have you been the last 6 years?

Seriously thou, this will be the first time Belicheck will actually have to gameplan against the Jets on D in 6 years, that 10 yard umbrella zone won't cover every WR with 2 defenders minimum per WR, and that wasn't Beli outsmarting Schotty that was just Schotty running his WR's into the 2+ defenders by design, and the Pats defenders laughing at how easy it is to just stand there, and watch intended WR's run right into their zone responsiblity.

Sparano coached teams vs the Pats, 22 points per game

Rex/Schotty, and Sanchez teams vs Pats, 16 points per game

Not to mention the Jets have had MUCH better offensive personel in those 3 years compared to the Phish, and Sanchez may suck, but whatever the Phish put out at QB sucked equally, or more in that time.

It always takes longer for a new oC to get the offense going. The Colt run defense is probably weak, but that does not 'necessarily' infer that our run blocking has not improved. It could have improved immensely. What I did not see was anything from Sancho. So we will lose. Unless somebody separates

Brady from one of his balls.

Best way to beat the Patriots is to get to Brady. Get to his blind side which is sure to keep his aim too low and bam get him off his balance. Get him sulking and then hit him again. Fast hard and furious.

Execute and own the moment . .. Sack Brady!

This would be a good plan, if we had any pass rushers.

Seems like a familiar answer around here.

What do you want to hear? I'm not Tannenbaum. I know football, but I never claimed to be an expert in dollar management for a professional club. Sanchez got a new contract so supposedly we can't dump him outright cause the guaranteed money. He can't be traded for what we paid him. Tebow isn't a true quarterback, and the management doesn't trust to start him even after Mark's pathetic start to the season. I say McElroy, then the "experts" believe thats a bigger joke than Tebow.. which is impossible. So, lets go trade for a high draft spot. Or do you want to hear the usual "lets trade for Matt Flynn"?

Its all out there. You know what the rest of us know. Just cause there isn't a concrete answer, doesn't mean we should keep riding the Sanchez debacle.

What do you want to hear? I'm not Tannenbaum. I know football, but I never claimed to be an expert in dollar management for a professional club. Sanchez got a new contract so supposedly we can't dump him outright cause the guaranteed money. He can't be traded for what we paid him. Tebow isn't a true quarterback, and the management doesn't trust to start him even after Mark's pathetic start to the season. I say McElroy, then the "experts" believe thats a bigger joke than Tebow.. which is impossible. So, lets go trade for a high draft spot. Or do you want to hear the usual "lets trade for Matt Flynn"?

Its all out there. You know what the rest of us know. Just cause there isn't a concrete answer, doesn't mean we should keep riding the Sanchez debacle.

There isn't much to be drafted this season and using a high pick means more money tied up in the QB position. Not good. Also, Sanchez is guarenteed and Tebow is going to be here for the length of his contract according to the Owner.

There is no easy answer or immediate answer so it seems fruitless to continue to complaining about something that isn't going to be changing any time soon.

The Jets are not moving off Sanchez at least for this season and rightfully so. They didn't do a hell of a lot to enhance his chances for success this season but if the team finishes with a sub .500 record and below average QB play it should be enough to force them to look in another direction after the season.

I personally think he will play better without Holmes. How much better remains to be seen.

There isn't much to be drafted this season and using a high pick means more money tied up in the QB position. Not good. Also, Sanchez is guarenteed and Tebow is going to be here for the length of his contract according to the Owner.

There is no easy answer or immediate answer so it seems fruitless to continue to complaining about something that isn't going to be changing any time soon.

Not at all. Accepting failure cause you think it won't change is ridiculous. Again, despite what us regular people think.. the management has to have alternatives. Again, even if it is starting McElroy. I won't be quiet and act content with Sanchez cause you think there is no "immediate answer".

Not at all. Accepting failure cause you think it won't change is ridiculous. Again, despite what us regular people think.. the management has to have alternatives. Again, even if it is starting McElroy. I won't be quiet and act content with Sanchez cause you think there is no "immediate answer".

What's your definition of failure? No Super Bowls? Well the 31 teams fail every single season and the Jets have failed every single season since 1969. If the management had any alternatives, they would have exercised those options by now. Instead they dug themselves into a deeper financial mess with Sanchez. McCoy is not the answer either. Come on.

And the definition of insanity is.....

If he was better than Alex Smith, wouldn't he be the starter then? That gives me cause for concern.

San Fran is built to win now and there is a level of comfort with having a vet run the show. Smith's job is truly to manage the game and not turn the ball over. If San Fran reaches to the Super Bowl this year my guess they stick with Smith which would free up Kapernick.

Kapernick is 6'5, has a cannon for an arm, is very athletic, and had been learning under Harbaugh for the last 2 years.

I doubt that the Jets could even pry him away from San Fran but if they could he is the guy I would try to get.

Archived