Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Muhammad Wilkerson

99 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

No one is talking about him.

While its too early to send him to the Hall of Fame he seems to be coming of age this season. The last two games he has had momentum changing plays. Two forced fumbles one going for a TD.

Good to see that finally one of the JETS higher picks are panning out.

Posted · Report post

He's part of the reason I had to laugh earlier this week when I saw so many people saying that Mangold was the only player on the team worth keeping. Despite their struggles, it's insane to suggest that Mangold is the only guy on the team worth keeping.

Posted · Report post

No one is talking about him.

While its too early to send him to the Hall of Fame he seems to be coming of age this season. The last two games he has had momentum changing plays. Two forced fumbles one going for a TD.

Good to see that finally one of the JETS higher picks are panning out.

He has 2 sacks and 3 FF in 10 games.

That's probably why nobody is talking about him.....

BD

Posted · Report post

Shaun ellis 2.0. Big games, decent games, games in which he disappears . Still I'll take an Ellis replacement if he can pass rush like the big cat used to. On a different note, kenrick is starting to look like dwayne Robertson 2.0. Bad knees and all.

Posted · Report post

Lucky, crap shoot pick!

Posted · Report post

On a different note, kenrick is starting to look like dwayne Robertson 2.0. Bad knees and all.

Meh, he's proven to be capable of making an impact when healthy. I wouldn't make the D-Rob comparison yet.

Posted · Report post

He has 2 sacks and 3 FF in 10 games.

No offense man but you can't judge a 3-4 d-lineman like that, it's like judging a baseball player on his batting average and RBI's alone. Sure we would like more sacks but you have to look at the bigger picture.***

***I will definitely take the 3 FF's per 10 games, though.

Posted · Report post

kenrick is starting to look like dwayne Robertson 2.0. Bad knees and all.

Possibly, but people wouldn't have been as annoyed with D Rob if he was a 3rd round pick like Kenrick was.

Posted · Report post

He sucks, just like the rest of them.

Posted · Report post

It's only his 2nd year. Same with Coples being a rookie. Both will be good and need time to develop and become more consistent.

Posted · Report post

On a different note, kenrick is starting to look like dwayne Robertson 2.0. Bad knees and all.

You mean the part where he misses 3 games and 5 starts in his five years with the team? They are like twins.

Posted · Report post

He's part of the reason I had to laugh earlier this week when I saw so many people saying that Mangold was the only player on the team worth keeping. Despite their struggles, it's insane to suggest that Mangold is the only guy on the team worth keeping.

The Jets have more than a few guys that are worth keeping, Wilkerson being one of them. But when you think about it Mangold and Revis are probably the ONLY players the Jets have who would start for a team like the 49ers.

Posted · Report post

All the metrics love Wilkerson and he's looked very good. But he's also been going against some really bad competition.

Posted · Report post

he's looking like a Pro bowl player.

Posted · Report post

Wilkerson looks like he's developing. We're noticing him more and more. If he keeps it up, he's going to be a really valuable player. I wouldn't give up on him yet.

Posted · Report post

All the metrics love Wilkerson and he's looked very good. But he's also been going against some really bad competition.

Seattle was bad competition at home ? Where there offense usually thrives ? That's news to me.

Posted · Report post

Wilkerson looks like he's developing. We're noticing him more and more. If he keeps it up, he's going to be a really valuable player. I wouldn't give up on him yet.

I do not know if we were ever close to giving up on him. He has been decent the first half of the season.

But the last two games he has made some BIG time impact plays.

Posted · Report post

Seattle was bad competition at home ? Where there offense usually thrives ? That's news to me.

Their OL isn't very good.

Posted · Report post

Shaun ellis 2.0. Big games, decent games, games in which he disappears . Still I'll take an Ellis replacement if he can pass rush like the big cat used to. On a different note, kenrick is starting to look like dwayne Robertson 2.0. Bad knees and all.

He doesn't really disappear, he's just not a great pass rusher. PFF has him as the 2nd-best 3-4 DE in the league against the run (and he's a lot closer to #1 than he is to #3). He'd look even better if our LBs weren't complete sh*t.

Posted · Report post

The Jets have more than a few guys that are worth keeping, Wilkerson being one of them. But when you think about it Mangold and Revis are probably the ONLY players the Jets have who would start for a team like the 49ers.

I think Cromartie and Landry could start anywhere. The more I see of Cro, the more it seems like he's overcome his fear of contact, which I never thought we'd see. Keller is better than most starting TE's but not elite. There are others, but those are the most obvious to me.

Posted · Report post

I do not know if we were ever close to giving up on him. He has been decent the first half of the season.

But the last two games he has made some BIG time impact plays.

Agree. I didn't necessarily mean here, but I have seen some "Wilkerson is a bust" whispers creeping up around the web, particularly in comments sections...admittedly, not much in the last two weeks. ;)

Posted · Report post

I think Cromartie and Landry could start anywhere. The more I see of Cro, the more it seems like he's overcome his fear of contact, which I never thought we'd see. Keller is better than most starting TE's but not elite. There are others, but those are the most obvious to me.

Pretty much the entire defense is solid except for the LB'ers. I guarantee this defense looks totally different with OLB's who can actually rush the passer or ILB's who can run sideline to sideline and cover.

Posted · Report post

Their OL isn't very good.

Russell WIlson hads been sacked only 19 times the entire season. And he has got a 122 rating at home. That's weak ?

Posted · Report post

Keller is one of the most overrated players in the NFL. He's not top 20.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Agree. I didn't necessarily mean here, but I have seen some "Wilkerson is a bust" whispers creeping up around the web, particularly in comments sections...admittedly, not much in the last two weeks. ;)

Those whispers started in Week 1 of last season. And oh BTW Coples is a bust too! :)

Edited by JetsFanInDenver