•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Muhammad Wilkerson

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

No one is talking about him.

While its too early to send him to the Hall of Fame he seems to be coming of age this season. The last two games he has had momentum changing plays. Two forced fumbles one going for a TD.

Good to see that finally one of the JETS higher picks are panning out.

#2 AirForceJetFan

AirForceJetFan

Veteran

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 7,733 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

He's part of the reason I had to laugh earlier this week when I saw so many people saying that Mangold was the only player on the team worth keeping. Despite their struggles, it's insane to suggest that Mangold is the only guy on the team worth keeping.

#3 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

No one is talking about him.

While its too early to send him to the Hall of Fame he seems to be coming of age this season. The last two games he has had momentum changing plays. Two forced fumbles one going for a TD.

Good to see that finally one of the JETS higher picks are panning out.

He has 2 sacks and 3 FF in 10 games.

That's probably why nobody is talking about him.....
BD

#4 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Shaun ellis 2.0. Big games, decent games, games in which he disappears . Still I'll take an Ellis replacement if he can pass rush like the big cat used to. On a different note, kenrick is starting to look like dwayne Robertson 2.0. Bad knees and all.

#5 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Lucky, crap shoot pick!

Posted Image

#6 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,723 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

On a different note, kenrick is starting to look like dwayne Robertson 2.0. Bad knees and all.

Meh, he's proven to be capable of making an impact when healthy. I wouldn't make the D-Rob comparison yet.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#7 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

He has 2 sacks and 3 FF in 10 games.

No offense man but you can't judge a 3-4 d-lineman like that, it's like judging a baseball player on his batting average and RBI's alone. Sure we would like more sacks but you have to look at the bigger picture.***

***I will definitely take the 3 FF's per 10 games, though.

#8 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

kenrick is starting to look like dwayne Robertson 2.0. Bad knees and all.

Possibly, but people wouldn't have been as annoyed with D Rob if he was a 3rd round pick like Kenrick was.

#9 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,286 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

He sucks, just like the rest of them.
Posted Image

#10 Beaver

Beaver

Blue Falcon

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationThe South

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

It's only his 2nd year. Same with Coples being a rookie. Both will be good and need time to develop and become more consistent.
RLTW

#11 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,803 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

On a different note, kenrick is starting to look like dwayne Robertson 2.0. Bad knees and all.

You mean the part where he misses 3 games and 5 starts in his five years with the team? They are like twins.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#12 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

He's part of the reason I had to laugh earlier this week when I saw so many people saying that Mangold was the only player on the team worth keeping. Despite their struggles, it's insane to suggest that Mangold is the only guy on the team worth keeping.

The Jets have more than a few guys that are worth keeping, Wilkerson being one of them. But when you think about it Mangold and Revis are probably the ONLY players the Jets have who would start for a team like the 49ers.

#13 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

All the metrics love Wilkerson and he's looked very good. But he's also been going against some really bad competition.
Tank for Teddy.

#14 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,136 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

he's looking like a Pro bowl player.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#15 kay_gee

kay_gee

full time Jets fan, part time troll

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 2,540 posts
  • Locationlive from New York

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Wilkerson looks like he's developing. We're noticing him more and more. If he keeps it up, he's going to be a really valuable player. I wouldn't give up on him yet.

#16 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

All the metrics love Wilkerson and he's looked very good. But he's also been going against some really bad competition.

Seattle was bad competition at home ? Where there offense usually thrives ? That's news to me.

#17 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

Wilkerson looks like he's developing. We're noticing him more and more. If he keeps it up, he's going to be a really valuable player. I wouldn't give up on him yet.

I do not know if we were ever close to giving up on him. He has been decent the first half of the season.

But the last two games he has made some BIG time impact plays.

#18 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

Seattle was bad competition at home ? Where there offense usually thrives ? That's news to me.

Their OL isn't very good.
Tank for Teddy.

#19 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,832 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

Shaun ellis 2.0. Big games, decent games, games in which he disappears . Still I'll take an Ellis replacement if he can pass rush like the big cat used to. On a different note, kenrick is starting to look like dwayne Robertson 2.0. Bad knees and all.

He doesn't really disappear, he's just not a great pass rusher. PFF has him as the 2nd-best 3-4 DE in the league against the run (and he's a lot closer to #1 than he is to #3). He'd look even better if our LBs weren't complete sh*t.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#20 AirForceJetFan

AirForceJetFan

Veteran

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 7,733 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

The Jets have more than a few guys that are worth keeping, Wilkerson being one of them. But when you think about it Mangold and Revis are probably the ONLY players the Jets have who would start for a team like the 49ers.

I think Cromartie and Landry could start anywhere. The more I see of Cro, the more it seems like he's overcome his fear of contact, which I never thought we'd see. Keller is better than most starting TE's but not elite. There are others, but those are the most obvious to me.

#21 kay_gee

kay_gee

full time Jets fan, part time troll

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 2,540 posts
  • Locationlive from New York

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

I do not know if we were ever close to giving up on him. He has been decent the first half of the season.

But the last two games he has made some BIG time impact plays.

Agree. I didn't necessarily mean here, but I have seen some "Wilkerson is a bust" whispers creeping up around the web, particularly in comments sections...admittedly, not much in the last two weeks. ;)

#22 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,286 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

I think Cromartie and Landry could start anywhere. The more I see of Cro, the more it seems like he's overcome his fear of contact, which I never thought we'd see. Keller is better than most starting TE's but not elite. There are others, but those are the most obvious to me.

Pretty much the entire defense is solid except for the LB'ers. I guarantee this defense looks totally different with OLB's who can actually rush the passer or ILB's who can run sideline to sideline and cover.
Posted Image

#23 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Their OL isn't very good.

Russell WIlson hads been sacked only 19 times the entire season. And he has got a 122 rating at home. That's weak ?

#24 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Keller is one of the most overrated players in the NFL. He's not top 20.
Tank for Teddy.

#25 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Agree. I didn't necessarily mean here, but I have seen some "Wilkerson is a bust" whispers creeping up around the web, particularly in comments sections...admittedly, not much in the last two weeks. ;)

Those whispers started in Week 1 of last season. And oh BTW Coples is a bust too! :)

Edited by JetsFanInDenver, 19 November 2012 - 01:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users