•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Potential Head Coaches?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 lanightmare225

lanightmare225

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

If Rex gets axed. I loved Rex but this sh*te he is doing at qb is a disgrace... Why not play Tebow you have nothing to lose see what the man has to offer for a whole game. Now he's gonna start clown ass Sanchez... Who out there is better than Rex that we can get???
Posted Image

#2 Jetscode1

Jetscode1

Veteran

• Members
  • 7,553 posts
  • LocationNorth America; Western Hemisphere; the Earth; the Solar System; the Universe; the Mind of God

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Mike Zimmer

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: A man must have a code. 

#3 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

David Shaw
Tank for Teddy.

#4 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,733 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

Moot. Need to see who new GM is. New GM will reach into his past relationships.

Edited by SouthernJet, 27 December 2012 - 12:00 PM.

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#5 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,286 posts
  • LocationClarksville, TN by way of New England

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Rich Kotite
Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#6 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,733 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Rich Kotite

LOL.
You just never know how these things play out.
Look at Pats as best example of fate. Tuna backs out of promise to step away 100% from Jets when Belly became Jets HC. Instead Tuna says I am still Jets Prez and Belly (rightfully so I might add) resigns. He knew if he went 1-3 out of gate, Tuna would run to sidelines to 'save the day' Even if Belly did great, he knew a Tuna as Jets Prez would garner all the spotlight.
You just never know what would have been if Tuna had kept his word and stepped away 100% from Jets and Belly stayed with Jets Tuna-free :)
Posted Image

#7 peebag

peebag

What? Me Worry?

• Members
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

LOL.
Look at Pats as best example of fate. Tuna backs out of promise to step away 100% from Jets when Belly became Jets HC. Instead Tuna says I am still Jets Prez and Belly (rightfully so I might add) resigns. He knew if he went 1-3 out of gate, Tuna would run to sidelines to 'save the day' Even if Belly did great, he knew a Tuna as Jets Prez would garner all the spotlight.
You just never know what would have been if Tuna had kept his word and stepped away 100% from Jets and Belly stayed with Jets Tuna-free :)

we would have gotten the Cleveland Belly 'cuz we're the Jets.

#8 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,733 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

we would have gotten the Cleveland Belly 'cuz we're the Jets.

LOL, just the opposite. Thats why he left us, he wanted total control ,which he didnt have in Cleveland. He didnt want to repeat history.
Lets face it. The Pats had the biggest 'step in shiite' moment in NFL history.
Posted Image

#9 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

LOL.

Would he have hit the lottery with Brady again?

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#10 pedro55

pedro55

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Who really knows about any of that 'fate' stuff. If The Tuck was really a fumble, Patriots lose to Raiders. Brady is nothing special the first few seasons and BB isn't considered a genius. Raiders and Gruden might've won a super bowl. Bucs don't get Gruden and don't win a super bowl.

I think BB showed how great of a coach he is the year Brady got injured and the Pats still went 11-5.
But does any of that happen if The Tuck was a fumble? Maybe he's gone in a few years and Brady is on the long list of QBs nobody ever remembers. Because the truth is Brady gets a lot of credit in those early years when the Pats had a great defense and Adam was making 50 yard field goals in the snow.

Now Brady and the Pats are like the Colts and Manning were years ago. Big offensive numbers, lots of regular season victories, weak defense, and no super bowl victories. Like Manning and his Colts years ago, other teams make one or two great plays, the Patriots make one or two bad plays, and they seem to choke away victories.

Edited by pedro55, 27 December 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#11 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,286 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

Probably not....and likely neither would the Patriots.

Dick Rehbein is largely credited with 'discovering' Brady. He came to New England when Belichick came to new England. Doe she leave the Giants if Belihcick stays? Maybe..maybe not.
Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#12 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,733 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

Probably not....and likely neither would the Patriots.

Dick Rehbein is largely credited with 'discovering' Brady. He came to New England when Belichick came to new England. Doe she leave the Giants if Belihcick stays? Maybe..maybe not.

ya agree. any of the 'other than Belly staying with Jets' stuff is hard to predict other than the obvious assistants would have stayed and for sure Pioli would have been here.
What would be cool to guess at is who Pats would have hired? I am sure there sure some old Globe stories form before Belly resigned with possible Pats candidates.
Posted Image

#13 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,286 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

ya agree. any of the 'other than Belly staying with Jets' stuff is hard to predict other than the obvious assistants would have stayed and for sure Pioli would have been here.
What would be cool to guess at is who Pats would have hired? I am sure there sure some old Globe stories form before Belly resigned with possible Pats candidates.

I think the elder Schottenheimer was mentioned.
Eagle Honors

#14 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,733 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

I think the elder Schottenheimer was mentioned.

makes sense. Marty was fired from KC in 1998, Belly resigned in 1999. Marty went to Skins in 2001.
Odd, that history may have made Marty Pats HC, Brian the Pats OC and eventual HC. Unless they got fired before then, LOL
Posted Image

#15 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

500 warning points and counting.

• Members
  • 9,967 posts
  • LocationThe road to Seacacus

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Jay Gruden is one of the hottest names out there.

#16 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,754 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Sean Payton
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#17 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,286 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

makes sense. Marty was fired from KC in 1998, Belly resigned in 1999. Marty went to Skins in 2001.
Odd, that history may have made Marty Pats HC, Brian the Pats OC and eventual HC. Unless they got fired before then, LOL

And Drew Bledsoe likely retires as the Patriots QB.
Eagle Honors

#18 LandShark13

LandShark13

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

You guys really should think about promoting Tony Sparano. :character0069:
Posted Image

#19 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

IF the Jets decide to move on from Rex, the new HC HAS to be a offensive minded coach that has a proven track record with offensive success, and also has the ability to design his offense around his talent, and adjust accordingly when that talent changes, none of that this is what I do regardless if it works with what I have, you know trying to put a square peg in a round hole alla Schotty. This HC should be also smart enough to bring along a DC that works well with the talent in place on the Jets, someone who is very familiar with either Rex's system, the Steelers system, Ravens system. W Phillips sytem, the 49ers system, or Capers system.

The first guy that comes to mind that might fit all of this is Darrell Bevell the offensive coordinator over in Seattle, he was also the offensive coordinator for Favre when he was with the Vikings, and QB's coach for Favre, and I believe 1, or 2 years with Rodgers before he was even playing helping coach him up to where he is now. The fact that he has had success with a gunslinging pocket passer, and now a read option QB shows he is willing to adjust his scheme according to his talent, and I think he should get a hard look from a lot of teams this year for a HC job. One problem with him might be trying to get him to bypass the offer he will get from Wisconsin, he was a gradute there, and it is rumored he will be offered the HC job, and will be very content coaching there for the rest of his career if allowed.

Other than Bevell I haven't really looked for other canidates, because I never actually thought Rex would get fired, now I am not so sure.

#20 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Bill O'Brien, HC Penn State

#21 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,440 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Bill O'Brien, HC Penn State

I don' t know how many times I need to tell you this- In order to pry O'brien away from PSU, a team would have to pay PSU 18 million dollars. It is in his contract. That is not happening.

Originally Posted by Blackout™
LOL ignorance is bless.

#22 JFtoLong

JFtoLong

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,294 posts
  • Locationgrassy knoll

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Unfortunately, Ryan will be back.

#23 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,275 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Whomever it is, they need to pass several sanity tests. Herm, Mangini, Rex...Woody really knows how to pick 'em.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#24 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,720 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Sean Payton

He just signed a 5 year extension with New Orleans.

JetNation.com

#25 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

I don' t know how many times I need to tell you this- In order to pry O'brien away from PSU, a team would have to pay PSU 18 million dollars. It is in his contract. That is not happening.

pretty sure it's actually $9M. I know it's money out of Woody's pocket but 9M is irrelevant if you can build a super bowl team. Hell, Woody probably made that much in Tebow jerseys this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users