Potential Head Coaches?

lanightmare225

Rich Kotite

LOL.

You just never know how these things play out.

Look at Pats as best example of fate. Tuna backs out of promise to step away 100% from Jets when Belly became Jets HC. Instead Tuna says I am still Jets Prez and Belly (rightfully so I might add) resigns. He knew if he went 1-3 out of gate, Tuna would run to sidelines to 'save the day' Even if Belly did great, he knew a Tuna as Jets Prez would garner all the spotlight.

You just never know what would have been if Tuna had kept his word and stepped away 100% from Jets and Belly stayed with Jets Tuna-free :)

LOL.

Look at Pats as best example of fate. Tuna backs out of promise to step away 100% from Jets when Belly became Jets HC. Instead Tuna says I am still Jets Prez and Belly (rightfully so I might add) resigns. He knew if he went 1-3 out of gate, Tuna would run to sidelines to 'save the day' Even if Belly did great, he knew a Tuna as Jets Prez would garner all the spotlight.

You just never know what would have been if Tuna had kept his word and stepped away 100% from Jets and Belly stayed with Jets Tuna-free :)

we would have gotten the Cleveland Belly 'cuz we're the Jets.

we would have gotten the Cleveland Belly 'cuz we're the Jets.

LOL, just the opposite. Thats why he left us, he wanted total control ,which he didnt have in Cleveland. He didnt want to repeat history.

Lets face it. The Pats had the biggest 'step in shiite' moment in NFL history.

LOL.

Would he have hit the lottery with Brady again?

Who really knows about any of that 'fate' stuff. If The Tuck was really a fumble, Patriots lose to Raiders. Brady is nothing special the first few seasons and BB isn't considered a genius. Raiders and Gruden might've won a super bowl. Bucs don't get Gruden and don't win a super bowl.

I think BB showed how great of a coach he is the year Brady got injured and the Pats still went 11-5.

But does any of that happen if The Tuck was a fumble? Maybe he's gone in a few years and Brady is on the long list of QBs nobody ever remembers. Because the truth is Brady gets a lot of credit in those early years when the Pats had a great defense and Adam was making 50 yard field goals in the snow.

Now Brady and the Pats are like the Colts and Manning were years ago. Big offensive numbers, lots of regular season victories, weak defense, and no super bowl victories. Like Manning and his Colts years ago, other teams make one or two great plays, the Patriots make one or two bad plays, and they seem to choke away victories.

Probably not....and likely neither would the Patriots.

Dick Rehbein is largely credited with 'discovering' Brady. He came to New England when Belichick came to new England. Doe she leave the Giants if Belihcick stays? Maybe..maybe not.

Probably not....and likely neither would the Patriots.

Dick Rehbein is largely credited with 'discovering' Brady. He came to New England when Belichick came to new England. Doe she leave the Giants if Belihcick stays? Maybe..maybe not.

ya agree. any of the 'other than Belly staying with Jets' stuff is hard to predict other than the obvious assistants would have stayed and for sure Pioli would have been here.

What would be cool to guess at is who Pats would have hired? I am sure there sure some old Globe stories form before Belly resigned with possible Pats candidates.

ya agree. any of the 'other than Belly staying with Jets' stuff is hard to predict other than the obvious assistants would have stayed and for sure Pioli would have been here.

What would be cool to guess at is who Pats would have hired? I am sure there sure some old Globe stories form before Belly resigned with possible Pats candidates.

I think the elder Schottenheimer was mentioned.

I think the elder Schottenheimer was mentioned.

makes sense. Marty was fired from KC in 1998, Belly resigned in 1999. Marty went to Skins in 2001.

Odd, that history may have made Marty Pats HC, Brian the Pats OC and eventual HC. Unless they got fired before then, LOL

makes sense. Marty was fired from KC in 1998, Belly resigned in 1999. Marty went to Skins in 2001.

Odd, that history may have made Marty Pats HC, Brian the Pats OC and eventual HC. Unless they got fired before then, LOL

And Drew Bledsoe likely retires as the Patriots QB.

IF the Jets decide to move on from Rex, the new HC HAS to be a offensive minded coach that has a proven track record with offensive success, and also has the ability to design his offense around his talent, and adjust accordingly when that talent changes, none of that this is what I do regardless if it works with what I have, you know trying to put a square peg in a round hole alla Schotty. This HC should be also smart enough to bring along a DC that works well with the talent in place on the Jets, someone who is very familiar with either Rex's system, the Steelers system, Ravens system. W Phillips sytem, the 49ers system, or Capers system.

The first guy that comes to mind that might fit all of this is Darrell Bevell the offensive coordinator over in Seattle, he was also the offensive coordinator for Favre when he was with the Vikings, and QB's coach for Favre, and I believe 1, or 2 years with Rodgers before he was even playing helping coach him up to where he is now. The fact that he has had success with a gunslinging pocket passer, and now a read option QB shows he is willing to adjust his scheme according to his talent, and I think he should get a hard look from a lot of teams this year for a HC job. One problem with him might be trying to get him to bypass the offer he will get from Wisconsin, he was a gradute there, and it is rumored he will be offered the HC job, and will be very content coaching there for the rest of his career if allowed.

Other than Bevell I haven't really looked for other canidates, because I never actually thought Rex would get fired, now I am not so sure.

I don' t know how many times I need to tell you this- In order to pry O'brien away from PSU, a team would have to pay PSU 18 million dollars. It is in his contract. That is not happening.

pretty sure it's actually $9M. I know it's money out of Woody's pocket but 9M is irrelevant if you can build a super bowl team. Hell, Woody probably made that much in Tebow jerseys this year.

Archived