Tweets From Demario Davis, this should be fun

flgreen

Demario Davis ‏@YouAreFree146 16m
Why is a man's statement about his Christian viewpoints MORE controversial than the actual announcement about a player being gay? #backwards 

Demario Davis ‏@YouAreFree146 7m
We are celebrating a man's confession about sin. But we think it's crazy that the people chose to free Barnabas and kill Jesus. We r them.

Demario Davis ‏@YouAreFree146 11m
I man lives a lifestyle completely contradicting to the bible, Yet says he's a Christian.Where are the so called scholars and scientist now?

Demario Davis ‏@YouAreFree146 16m
“@Jonathan_Morrow: ESPN supports Broussard after controversial Jason Collins comments http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...lins-comments/ …” gotta stand by Broussard

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Demario Davis ‏@YouAreFree146 4m
Please don't tweet me right now because you'll only inflame God's truth, and his word WILL judge you.

Demario Davis ‏@YouAreFree146 5m
It's funny how when it comes to God, It's all about love all and judge no one, yet any other day we are judging all and loving no one. Lmbo

Demario Davis ‏@YouAreFree146 29s
Why is the world the way it is today? Is a God who promises his perfection the problem? Or people who admit they are imperfect the problem

Demario Davis ‏@YouAreFree146 2m
We find the little details In scripture that fit our life, but miss the HUGE chunks that talk about God's wrath, and destroying HIS children 

Demario Davis ‏@YouAreFree146 1m

We say well nobody's perfect.. Well God is, and if he is and we ADMIT that we are not, WHY insist on being your own god with your own law.

This sh*t is deep right here.  Like really really deep.

Like I've said for a while, we aren't exactly drafting em for their intelligence.  The PR team will be all over his ass soon.

Really?

So Jason Collins should be applauded, but Davis must be silenced.

Interesting  

Really?

So Jason Collins should be applauded, but Davis must be silenced.

Interesting  

Jason Collins' statement was not vilifying a large group of people, whereas Davis is condemning them to hell.  Davis is currently under contract and represents a professional sports, of which his actions can have very clear and large repercussions   I never said silenced, nor do I think he should be, even though I wholeheartedly disagree with everything he's saying, I insinuated that the PR team would be in effect soon; probably to either tell him to tone down the anti-gay speech as the Jets and NFL have a very open policy about this matter or to tell him to be less combative about how he responds to others.  There's no way a professional sports team is going to allow their players to say who should or shouldn't be smoted and condemned to hell as long as they are under contract.  Jason Collins was not under contract, nor did his statement talk about anyone but himself.  

Jets PR: HE WAS HACKED OMG

Yep, most likely.  As long as he shows up on the field that's all I require of him, he'll just be added to the list of douchebag professional sports players I have to root for because they're on my team. I have no doubt that's how this kid feels; born and raised in mississippi, football in arkansas, these kids aren't raised to think for themselves or really question anything.  The thing that really bothers me is their cursory knowledge of the bible and yet the spew it like they wrote it; if you ever talk to them about points that have since been refute by the church etc. it looks like their head is going to explode.  I find it more sad than anything, because a lot of this is so drilled into them they hardly have a choice.  Oh well, I've seen a professional sports player admit he was gay while still playing, that trumps these other clowns for at least a couple weeks.

Jason Collins' statement was not vilifying a large group of people, whereas Davis is condemning them to hell.

+1

This was all that needed to be said.

It's 2013. "Gay" has been so mainstreamed its the basis for sitcoms, it's prevalent in television characters, and recently made its first appearance in a commercial (Kindle).

Gay marriage states are popping up like genital warts, and it's no longer "queer" to be "gay"...it just is. Like it or not, it's here.

However, Twitter followers want to hear the honest opinion of the people they follow. Davis being himself, is just that. That is who he is, and how he feels. Those opposed would be wise to not follow him.

Jason Collins' statement was not vilifying a large group of people, whereas Davis is condemning them to hell.  Davis is currently under contract and represents a professional sports, of which his actions can have very clear and large repercussions   I never said silenced, nor do I think he should be, even though I wholeheartedly disagree with everything he's saying, I insinuated that the PR team would be in effect soon; probably to either tell him to tone down the anti-gay speech as the Jets and NFL have a very open policy about this matter or to tell him to be less combative about how he responds to others.  There's no way a professional sports team is going to allow their players to say who should or shouldn't be smoted and condemned to hell as long as they are under contract.  Jason Collins was not under contract, nor did his statement talk about anyone but himself.  

Personally, I could care less who is packing Jason Collins fudge.  I didn’t join in yesterday to condemn him.  I don’t care

If  Davis spiritual beliefs require him to speak out against Collins, I don’t care about that either.  he’s not doing anything to hurt him.  He disagrees with his life style.  Oh well

I just find it very interesting .  That people get all aroused for certain “human rights” issues, but have no problem with censoring people who disagree with them.

I’m not on either Collins or Davis side, just find PC’s very entertaining.

I heard a sports caster yesterday saying  David Stern had to step in and demand that  Collins be on an NBA team this year, even though that would deprive another, more talented player a roster spot for a 3rd center, who was never very good, and is at the end of his career.

I have no dog in this fight.  Just find it amusing 

whats funny about this whole situation is no one cares about the poor girl/fiance that Collins was lying and cheating on. Its all about him.

Lol are you really that contrarian that you bring this up?? Because yes, out of everything that's happened lets all feel sorry for the beard that probably knew from the start.  Besides, since when is professional athlete infidelity anything unless you're Kobe or Tiger?

Personally, I could care less who is packing Jason Collins fudge.  I didn’t join in yesterday to condemn him.  I don’t care

If  Davis spiritual beliefs require him to speak out against Collins, I don’t care about that either.  he’s not doing anything to hurt him.  He disagrees with his life style.  Oh well

I just find it very interesting .  That people get all aroused for certain “human rights” issues, but have no problem with censoring people who disagree with them.

I’m not on either Collins or Davis side, just find PC’s very entertaining.

I heard a sports caster yesterday saying  David Stern had to step in and demand that  Collins be on an NBA team this year, even though that would deprive another, more talented player a roster spot for a 3rd center, who was never very good, and is at the end of his career.

I have no dog in this fight.  Just find it amusing 

Others may want to silence him, I do not; silencing someone's speech is not a direction I think we should ever take, no matter who much I disagree with them.  I highly doubt stern had to do that, although I don't doubt someone will mention it to create buzz.  The guy can still defend low post quite well, give you a solid 10 minutes off the bench and despite the gay, is still 7 ft tall.  Three of those four qualities will keep you on an NBA team for as long as you want to play.

Lol are you really that contrarian that you bring this up?? Because yes, out of everything that's happened lets all feel sorry for the beard that probably knew from the start.  Besides, since when is professional athlete infidelity anything unless you're Kobe or Tiger?

How is it not relevant? is Lance Armstrong a hero still?

How is it not relevant? is Lance Armstrong a hero still?

You're honestly comparing someone lying to the world about their sexual preference for fear of the repercussions to someone taking performance enhancing drugs and cheating competitors and companies out of millions??  Righttt.   

You're honestly comparing someone lying to the world about their sexual preference for fear of the repercussions to someone taking performance enhancing drugs and cheating competitors and companies out of millions?? Righttt.

Repercussions? Lol. Ppl are acting like Collins cured cancer. This is the biggest pay day of his life.

I’m surprised no one has picked up on this element of Davis’ before.  Last year when everyone was mocking Tebow for his beliefs, Davis did his post draft interview with Eric Allen.  Most players do that interview wearing their new Jets jersey.  He was wearing a Jesus Saves t-shirt.

I suspect Hill will be next.  He is a pastor and has his own congregation.

Media is going to love this.  I think they should put it in players contracts, evertime they tweet, no matter what, it cost them $1,000

Archived