Tweets From Demario Davis, this should be fun

flgreen

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I find DeMario's blatant (but classy) homophobia to be quite refreshing. He makes himself out to be some kind of D&D Cleric that can smite people with holy fire. Let's just hope he brings God's wrath onto the football field this year.

Classy and refreshing homophobia FTW!  LOL.

Also fun:

High-brow and enlightening racism!

Naughty but life-affirming misogeny!

Thin mints cookies! (from the freezer...yummy!)

Jason Collins' statement was not vilifying a large group of people, whereas Davis is condemning them to hell. 

I don't think you have this right.  

It's not Davis who is condemning people to hell, it's the bible - Davis is just referencing it.  

What I always find so ironic is the PC police running around preaching tolerance yet they themselves have little tolerance for dissenting viewpoints, and no tolerance when the dissent is grounded in religion.  

This country was founded with a very strong foundation in faith and god.   The liberal/socailist political ideology pushed by the media is by definition secular in nature and therefore must ostracize any viewpoint with a religious foundation.    if you look at Marx and the Bolshevik revolution, one of their largest challenges was how to effectively eliminate religion from society.    

This country was founded with a very strong foundation in faith and god.   The liberal/socailist political ideology pushed by the media is by definition secular in nature and therefore must ostracize any viewpoint with a religious foundation.    if you look at Marx and the Bolshevik revolution, one of their largest challenges was how to effectively eliminate religion from society.    

See, but there are churches out there genuinely trying to adapt their message to the times, which there is nothing wrong with.  I'm a Christian, part of a non-denominational and contemporary church, and I reference the Bible on occassion when situations call for it.  But I also understand that "loving a neighbor as yourself" (the most important commandment behind loving God first) has no place for the method of rhetoric Davis uses.  There IS a loving way you can go about discourse on tough issues, you just have to have some maturity and an open mind. 

Almost no one wants to hear the message Davis is giving here.  It's a free country and he can do what he wants, and certainly he should believe what he wants, but its poor Christianity, in my view.  And I think that's an important distinction to make.

I don't think you have this right.  

It's not Davis who is condemning people to hell, it's the bible - Davis is just referencing it.  

What I always find so ironic is the PC police running around preaching tolerance yet they themselves have little tolerance for dissenting viewpoints, and no tolerance when the dissent is grounded in religion.  

Sure, just like Urban II wasn't condemning the Turks, he was just exhorting those people to help defend Byzantine against the infidels who opposed the peace of god.  It's semantics; if you publicly state that a defined group of people, by definition of your holy book, should be smoted than yes, you are certainly villifying said group of people.  For the record, I never said he should be forced to stop talking, in fact I said the exact opposite fairly explicitly.  However, since he is under contract and this undoubtedly goes against the views of the NY Jets and the NFL, I expect the PR team to at least educate him in how better to get his message across. 

It's beyond me how some of you are trying to defend the actions of an individual who's sole intentions are to denigrate an entire group of people and compare it to another who's only admitting to his own sexuality

I will never understand the want for public figures to spout off on controversial topics in the media.  There is literally no upside in doing so.

When will they learn to limit their online interactions to faceless Internet personas on a message board like us commoners?

Personally, I find DeMario's blatant (but classy) homophobia to be quite refreshing. He makes himself out to be some kind of D&D Cleric that can smite people with holy fire. Let's just hope he brings God's wrath onto the football field this year.

I wish I could smite people. The best thing in the world would be if my computer had a smite button that I could just apply to whoever I was thinking about smiting at the time. BOOM. Problem solved.

On why athlete's twitter:

If you're in the NFL, you've already got yourself a job that pays half a million a year or so, in most cases more.

How many athletes have really raised their value because of Twitter? Few.

How many have gotten themselves in trouble with the team, (thus endangering their half million+ a year job) by Twittering? Few

Any athlete who goes on Twitter is nuts, in my opinion.

Fixed that for you. Relative to the number of athletes that tweet it is a very small percentage who get in trouble for twitter. I personally think the exposure of the athlete to the public vastly increases because they get to see and talk to them uncensored

**** really.

Why God? Why???

I hate sports. I need to just give up caring.

This guy was supposed to be the new leader too.

It's not even whether I/you can agree with him it's that the guy is a ******* total moron. Just stfu. STFU. Shut the **** up!

I could mot agree more.  For the love of God STFU!!!!!!!

Archived