•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Game ball thread. Cribbs, Nelson, Kerley, Geno, Allen,Mo

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 eboozer

eboozer

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationPa. by way of Hempstead

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

and entire Jets "D". Didn't hear Wilson called for PI once today(a miracle) Milliner did ok as well

Pro Bowl Caliber talent... UDFA Performer

#2 AirForceJetFan

AirForceJetFan

Veteran

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,004 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

Absolutely...tons of great individual efforts today....could pick any of several guys.  Huge win.

#3 redman81

redman81

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

I'm more surprised Cro wasn't beaten all damn day. Maybe he was having sex before all those other games and Rex put an end to that haha

#4 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,032 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

and entire Jets "D". Didn't hear Wilson called for PI once today(a miracle) Milliner did ok as well

i wouldnt give the defense a game ball at all. if it weren't for the, ONCE AGAIN, sh*tting the bed when it matters most, we never would have needed some bs penalty to get a game winning fg in ot

#5 Meshawn Johnson19

Meshawn Johnson19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

Can't forget about Ivory. Think we finally found a bell cow. That's how you ground and pound

#6 JayKwaz

JayKwaz

the original Jackass

• Members
  • 723 posts
  • LocationRiverhead, NY

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Nelson is starting to look like a keeper, nice 4th receiver.
In Rex I trust

#7 ylekram

ylekram

BLUE EYED DEVIL

• Members
  • 2,998 posts
  • Locationhamden,ct.

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

yes, he had some nice, tough 3rd down grabs

#8 redman81

redman81

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

Can't forget about Ivory. Think we finally found a bell cow. That's how you ground and pound

Yeah seriously, can't leave Ivory out. He ran the ball hard today.

#9 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,508 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

finally a WR who can make a tough catch

Proud Member of the AVM

#10 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 & 2014-2015 JN Captain & VIP Member

• Members
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Yeah, liked him.

In many ways, Kerley is really the hero of this game.

reset_buttonjpgscaled500_zps740f8923.jpg

#11 Irish Jet

Irish Jet

• Members
  • 23,746 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Nelson and Kerley were brilliant. Nelson was ******* big time, I didn't know who he was a few weeks ago.

Also liked Ivory, think I'm the only god damn Jets fan that's liked that move from day 1. :lol: 

#12 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

You forgot TomShane!

#13 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,265 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

I am giving Idzik a game ball. Sharp in being able to plug in Nelson and Cribbs -- both made significant contributions, without which, I doubt the Jets squeak this one out.

And, yeah, Tommy gets a well deserved game ball.

Edited by Il Mostro, 20 October 2013 - 04:49 PM.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#14 jl12

jl12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Don't forget the offensive line.  They played brilliantly for most of the game.  Patriots knew we were running every play on that last drive, and they still failed to stop us from getting into or near field goal position to win.

I thought Geno (wow), Kerley (clutch), Nelson (where did he come from), Ivory, Mo, Allen (wow), Davis and a few others on defense all had very good performances today.  The thing is though that defense had some breakdowns and didn't generate enough pressure on Brady imo.  That said, we won.  

I also liked the playcalling on offense except for that last drive when I would have thrown at least once or twice on second or third down.  We were given a gift with that penalty, and in my opinion the conservative playcalling almost negated all that we did positive on offense during the game.

Hill's penalty was a bad call that went against us anyway so the Patriots can't cry about that call...  

Still, this team is 4-3 with a rookie QB and tons of young players on the roster. 

I still get mad at Rex for undisciplined play (read: penalties) and other things, but you have to give him some credit.

Marty M. and David Lee have done a nice job putting Geno in a position to win too. 

We might even sneak a win in the next two weeks.

Go Jets.

#15 Jettington

Jettington

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Nelson had a huge game, made some clutch catches, especially that one in OT.

#16 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,034 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

Kerley - if it werent for Geno's pick six, I'd give it to him...but Kerley was a beast.  I think 5/6 of his 8 catches were for first downs and the other was a TD. Geno missed him a couple of times too.  He was open all day.

Allen - The front 7 was solid but Allen was great on Gronk today.  Yes, Gronk got his...but a lot of those catches werent when Allen was actually on man coverage...he's was getting him released by a LB'er.  Pick 6 was a momentum shifter...it was all Jets from there.

Folk - with no disrespect to Cribbs, the guy has been clutch.  I'm not going to kill him for the missed 56 yarder that didnt count.  He stepped up an made the next one which was over 40 on a windy day.

Edited by JiF, 20 October 2013 - 07:39 PM.

Posted Image

#17 NJ

NJ

Almost Unwatchable

• Members
  • 9,381 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

this - his ball handling iced the game 

NATION....... JETNATION

#18 NJ

NJ

Almost Unwatchable

• Members
  • 9,381 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Also liked Ivory, think I'm the only god damn Jets fan that's liked that move from day 1. :lol: 

Wrong dude - I said that was money if he had any semblance of health. Thus far he's held up  - for the most part

NATION....... JETNATION

#19 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

6 Years Is Enough. Time To Fire Rex

• Members
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

i wouldnt give the defense a game ball at all. if it weren't for the, ONCE AGAIN, sh*tting the bed when it matters most, we never would have needed some bs penalty to get a game winning fg in ot

There are plenty of points in the game where we could place blame on both sides. Pace should have had a pick 6 and that would have ended the game. But if Cumberland would have pulled in that TD that McCourtey knocked from him we wouldnt have even gone into OT. If Cumberland caught that pass on 3rd and 10 with a bit more than 2 mins left in the game it would have given us a 1st and 10 and we would have ran the clock out or at worse forced NE to use their time outs. If Hill would just use his height and jump up for the ball during his TD that was called back for OPI we wouldnt have had to go to OT. 

Thats the game of football bro. 

NYJetsScript.gif

#20 j4jets

j4jets

Numbers guy!

• Members
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

BS penalty? You mean like the one on Hill?

And yeah, the D did give up couple of FGs towards the end of the game, but it gave Brady just 20 pts in almost 5 qtrs even with Gronk having another huge day. We basically gave away 6 pts in the last 3 qtrs.

Btw, did the D sh*t the bed in OT?

#21 The Crusher

The Crusher

JiF is all about that bass, bout that bass, no treble

• Moderators
  • 30,000 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

I'm more surprised Cro wasn't beaten all damn day. Maybe he was having sex before all those other games and Rex put an end to that haha

With the crappy way Cro was playing he is probably hitting it during halftime as well.

#22 redman81

redman81

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

With the crappy way Cro was playing he is probably hitting it during halftime as well.

Ya have to be going at it all day to have as many kids as he does.

#23 Green DNA

Green DNA

PSL Hypocrite

• Members
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationSection 205A

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

The thing is though that defense had some breakdowns and didn't generate enough pressure on Brady imo.  That said, we won.  

Only 4 sacks??  Disgraceful.

Edited by Green DNA, 21 October 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#24 NJ

NJ

Almost Unwatchable

• Members
  • 9,381 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

A game ball and big thank you to former Jet Marquice Cole for getting juked out of his jock and allowing Geno to score in the 3rd quarter.  

NATION....... JETNATION

#25 Big Blocker

Big Blocker

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

Ftr I don't think a Qb should get a game ball in a game they threw a pick six in, but overall Smith showed more development.  His calls deciding to run were well timed and took what the D was giving.  He looked better and more comfortable in the pocket., too.

But for the game balls, I think:

Allen.  Great coverage on Gronkowski, and the pick six turned the game. 

Kerley.  Seven catches for first downs, and special effort here and there, as part of overall 8 catches. 

Ivory.  Perhaps the best thing we saw yesterday.  I have noticed Powell has been cooling off, and now Goodson is out for the season, so just in time Ivory carries the ball with authority.  Awesome.

Folk.  So he missed a 56 yarder.  This guy is money this year.

Special mentions to David Nelson, Mangold and the DL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users