Belichick]-greatest head coach of all-time." -Peyton Manning

eboozer

NFL ‏@nfl Jan 15
"[belichick] will go down as the greatest head coach of all-time." -Peyton Manning

"C'mon maaaaan!!

Can't he grow some stones and call out Bellicheat as a cheater, and if it wasn't for Brady he would have been fired long ago! :headbang: 

Chuck Knoll, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh, Paul Brown, Lombardi?

That's why I love Rex... he don't kiss the ring.

Have you listened to any of Rex's pressers? He always speaks more than glowingly about BB and Brady, calling them one of the best to do it at their respective positions. I've never actually heard Rex call another player or coach out, he is usually quite complimentary.

NFL ‏@nfl Jan 15

"[belichick] will go down as the greatest head coach of all-time." -Peyton Manning

"C'mon maaaaan!!

Can't he grow some stones and call out Bellicheat as a cheater, and if it wasn't for Brady he would have been fired long ago! :headbang: 

nothing_to_see_here.jpg

1. Lombardi

2. Walsh

3. Parcells

4. Bellichick

5. Shula

6. Landry

7. Knoll

8. Brown

9. Stram

10.Gibbs

I'd put Knoll, Shula and Landry before bellicheat. Those guys had class(Landry, Shula) You can't rule out Spygate either. They definitely stole the Rams signals.

1 Lombardi - greatest motivator ever - Nixon want him as VP

2 Brown - Godfather of modern day football. 

3 Walsh - 3 super bowls ...hard to argue that

4 Knoll - 4 super bowls ...hard to argue that

5 Shula - was won more games than

6 Landry - great football mind

7 Parcells - had a special relationship with players and taught Belicheat how to coach

8 Gibbs - underrated - great in developing talent

9 Belicheat - came into his own

10 George Halas - originator who has to be on this list

I'd take Belichick over them all. Easy to say its all Brady but Walsh had Montana and Noll had those sick teams (4 HOF in 1 draft). Belichick is certainly the best in the salary cap era. He did a masterful job reinventing he pats over the years. The trading down was part of his strategy.

Bill Walsh changed modern football with his West coast offence. Bill Bilacheat stoll the Rams signals, best ever..

Walsh innovated w the WCO. Jimmy Johnson innovated w speed on defense. I think the game continues to evolve w more creative offenses.

Look, I am on board with Bellichick being one of the best ever, BUT I have to admit that if I am a Pats fan this morning, I am fuming aboyt Bellichick or Mcdaniels, or whoever called the 2 point conversion play. Remember when the Pats score with about 5 min to go and they need the 2 point conversion to get it to 8. They have first ballot HOF pulling the trigger, he just came off a drive where he sliced and diced Denvers D, and they run some freaking dive play with some no-name back.

If this was REX (who I despise) he would have been crucified for this, as should Belliichick or McDaniels.

Look, I am on board with Bellichick being one of the best ever, BUT I have to admit that if I am a Pats fan this morning, I am fuming aboyt Bellichick or Mcdaniels, or whoever called the 2 point conversion play. Remember when the Pats score with about 5 min to go and they need the 2 point conversion to get it to 8. They have first ballot HOF pulling the trigger, he just came off a drive where he sliced and diced Denvers D, and they run some freaking dive play with some no-name back.

If this was REX (who I despise) he would have been crucified for this, as should Belliichick or McDaniels.

Blah and if he threw the ball and it was knocked down, same story.   Plus if they succeeded , the fact they ran  it in a game where they didn't really run well or much all game long, they'd be considered geniuses.    That's sports.  Sometimes people just need something to complain about.      Look at the damn super bowl a few years back.   If the Saints don't recover the onside kick,  Payton is looked at as an idiot.  But it worked.  Yesterday the Seahawks went for a TD on 4th down, it worked, they look smart.    That's coaching.  Sometimes you need to make a call and go with it.   It might not always be the best play, but sometimes it's the different play that works.  

I don't think it was a good call, but obviously they thought it was the call that would get them 2.  And 2 or not, none of it mattered as the onside kick didn't' work and Manning and the Broncos ran out the clock.   Manning and the Broncos did to the Patriots what teams used to do to him and the Colts for years.   Ball Control.   Long Drives.  Keep him off the field.    The Broncos were methodical in never allowing Brady to get into a Rhythm or even being on the field much yesterday.    It was what, 55 offensive plays to like 23 at one point.    That's what won the game, not a stopped 2 point conversion.  

Blah and if he threw the ball and it was knocked down, same story.   Plus if they succeeded , the fact they ran  it in a game where they didn't really run well or much all game long, they'd be considered geniuses.    That's sports.  Sometimes people just need something to complain about.      Look at the damn super bowl a few years back.   If the Saints don't recover the onside kick,  Payton is looked at as an idiot.  But it worked.  Yesterday the Seahawks went for a TD on 4th down, it worked, they look smart.    That's coaching.  Sometimes you need to make a call and go with it.   It might not always be the best play, but sometimes it's the different play that works.  

I don't think it was a good call, but obviously they thought it was the call that would get them 2.  And 2 or not, none of it mattered as the onside kick didn't' work and Manning and the Broncos ran out the clock.   Manning and the Broncos did to the Patriots what teams used to do to him and the Colts for years.   Ball Control.   Long Drives.  Keep him off the field.    The Broncos were methodical in never allowing Brady to get into a Rhythm or even being on the field much yesterday.    It was what, 55 offensive plays to like 23 at one point.    That's what won the game, not a stopped 2 point conversion.  

Sorry, when the game is on the line (which it was as if they dont get the 2, its over) I want the ball in the hands of my First ballot HOF, hell, he even ran for a TD yesterday, so he had that to fall back on if no ones open.

Look, I would have blasted REX if that was the JETS, and now I'm blasting a first ballot HOF coach. they made a bad choice: First ballot HOF or Journeyman running back? Hmmm........

“Coach Belichick is the best coach that I’ve ever competed against,” Manning said Wednesday. “I think it’s safe to say he’ll go down as the greatest NFL coach of all time.”

I dont agree with what he had to say about BB but I find it interesting that he refers to him as Coach Belichick, not Bill Belichick. I've also heard him refer to Denver HC as Coach Fox, not John. In spite of all his accomplishments he still shows respect for the boss.

I bring this up only because I was listening to WFAN a few days ago and they had Mo Wilk and Sheldon Richardson on. They were asked a variety of questions regarding Rex Ryan and interestingly both of them refer to him as Rex. ie: Rex had this to say,  I was talking to Rex a couple days ago, I'm glad Rex was re-signed etc etc.

Neither referred to him as Coach Ryan. I think its easy to assume if they refer to him as Rex in the media they probably call him Rex at work. Is this the culture of the organization where the boss is treated so casually and if so is it conducive to a winning atmosphere? I think Rex has blurred the line between himself and the players to a point where they no longer respect his authority.

Would a rookie, even a good one like RIchardson or a young vet like Wilk, if they were a Patriot speak to BB and call him Bill? Would he permit that? Would Parcells?

“Coach Belichick is the best coach that I’ve ever competed against,” Manning said Wednesday. “I think it’s safe to say he’ll go down as the greatest NFL coach of all time.”

I dont agree with what he had to say about BB but I find it interesting that he refers to him as Coach Belichick, not Bill Belichick. I've also heard him refer to Denver HC as Coach Fox, not John. In spite of all his accomplishments he still shows respect for the boss.

isn't this the same guy who refused to come off the field when coach dungy called for a punt?

NFL ‏@nfl Jan 15

"C'mon maaaaan!!

Oh yeah, he'll go down as the greatest of all time to ruin Brady's twilight years. Like someone said here, "if he's so great, why did he need Mo Lewis to show him Brady can play?"

Archived