Breno Giacomini A Jet

F.Chowds

Here are some numbers to support my claims, courtesy of footballoutsiders:  http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

(NOTE: I understand that Giacomini missed 7 games.  From a per play standpoint this basically washes out):

Seattle running off right end (behind Giacominin):  4.13 Adjusted Line Yards (8th)

Jets off right end (behind Howard):  3.25 ALY (24th)

Seattle off right tackle:  4.14 ALY (12th)

Jets off right tackle:  3.16 ALY (28th)

Clearly an upgrade in the run blocking department.  This is the caliber of play we haven't had at that spot since Damien Woody retired.

But I was told he sucks and stuff.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what does that mean?" simply because I say so"!!  why else would I say something. because you say so? stupid. I said 3/4 of the board didn't know about breno until 2 days ago. maybe I am off, but that's what I believe. I do know who breno is and I do believe I have a better understanding than most on this board about this particular player.lets just say today is not my only conversation that I ever had about breno. I also simply stated howard was a young player, which he is. I was not compairing ages at all. i was totally aware of the situation.i assure you i was not being intentionally disingenuous.  I was only compairing talent levels, which I still stand by my evaluation.i guess we will see. with any luck, i am totally off base here and he totally is an upgrade at the tackle position. i will still be hear to take my lumps. i just don't see it

What it means is that you were completely making things up based upon absolutely nothing.  You made statements about the supposed knowledge of everyone else on this board, despite having literally no means by which you could have the slightest clue if that were true.

Don't get me wrong, you've got every right to your own opinion, and if it's that Howard is the better player then so be it.  Just don't expect everyone to agree with you.  The problem is when you are carrying on about how no one has a clue about these players but you, which is why supposedly yours is the only opinion that counts.

What it means is that you were completely making things up based upon absolutely nothing.  You made statements about the supposed knowledge of everyone else on this board, despite having literally no means by which you could have the slightest clue if that were true.

Don't get me wrong, you've got every right to your own opinion, and if it's that Howard is the better player then so be it.  Just don't expect everyone to agree with you.  The problem is when you are carrying on about how no one has a clue about these players but you, which is why supposedly yours is the only opinion that counts.

nevermind

dude, stop. just stop. once again you blurt out sh*t to fit your argument. like always. again and again. I have noticed over the years with your assumptions and exaggerations. I said what I believed 1 time and in your eyes, I am CARRYING ON about no one but me has a clue. your the one carrying on to try and justify your argument, which I am sure inyour eyes you are winning. the only reason we are even having this discussion IS  because of your assumptions and exaggerations.i very well might be wrong,never said that what I think if fact,just my opinion. stick to what you know best. trying to convince yourself that you are always justified for your bullsh*t.

Ahhhh a cat fight

canstock15444597.jpg

blah blah blah, what it means is that in typical jet fan fashion, the guy that we signed of course is better than the guy we let go, but if you reversed howard and this jag we just signed, you would have said the exact f***ing thing, that howard is great and Bruno is a jag.

just like revis, since he went to NE, he sucks, but if he comes to the jets, we win the f888ing SB

get the f*** out here with this crap.

mrsryan

Wow. Night and day for guys I've seen compared similarly.

People just read what they want to read.     Howard will make more money over his contract, but he's getting half his bonus this year, half the next and is only making like 2.9 Million this year, 3 something next year and so on.     And if he stinks, the Raiders can cut him next year and not lose anything.    It was actually a pretty damn good deal for the Raiders.

People just read what they want to read.     Howard will make more money over his contract, but he's getting half his bonus this year, half the next and is only making like 2.9 Million this year, 3 something next year and so on.     And if he stinks, the Raiders can cut him next year and not lose anything.    It was actually a pretty damn good deal for the Raiders.

lies. only idzik makes good deals and the raiders only make bad deals. throw in the fact that he is an "upgrade" over howard and idzik is a master. continuity and injury concerns be damned

He got $15M in guarantees.  I don't think it's a bad deal, but I don't know that I'd want $7.9M ($5M bonus + salary) tied up in this guy for 2014.  If they cut him before next season they are out $8M.  Next year he gets a $3M roster bonus and $3.9M in salary - another $7M. The last 3 years of the deal they are only on the hook for $4.5-5M per. 

He got $15M in guarantees.  I don't think it's a bad deal, but I don't know that I'd want $7.9M ($5M bonus + salary) tied up in this guy for 2014.  If they cut him before next season they are out $8M.  Next year he gets a $3M roster bonus and $3.9M in salary - another $7M. The last 3 years of the deal they are only on the hook for $4.5-5M per. 

If Howard sucks and the Raiders cut him before the 5th day of next season (2015), they take a $0 cap hit and no penalty.   But he did get $8 million (salary + bonus) this season.

Archived