Breno Giacomini A Jet

F.Chowds

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love you but you're wrong and acting like a baby.

Dude, I'm serious and how am I acting like a baby? I said the same thing about most of Idzik's signings last year. This one can just be grouped with all of them.

From reading on the Seahawk's boards  - he's ok. Has shown improvement but has also been tabled a turnstile. 

Didn't see the money but is hopefully a couple mil savings over Howard.

Love saving money on similar products - then you'll have some if there's a good reason to splurge.

what happened to those other guys schwartz or something who were graded higher?

This is what I mean JIF. I like you too bro - but c'mon all of this guys signings look the same. When are we going to get some good, consistent players on this football team?

Dude, I'm serious and how am I acting like a baby? I said the same thing about most of Idzik's signings last year. This one can just be grouped with all of them.

You're crying over a low end signing of a guy who's improved year over year. You're acting like the world is coming to end over this signing. Same type is sh*t was said about Colon and everyone loves him now.

Plus you admitted to not knowing anything about him but hating him anyway.

Pretty baby-ish

Good solid RT

Had penalty issues in 2012 but really turned it around last year.

Not consistently injured and has a nasty streak.

Better run blocker than pass protector...but still adequate.

I like him...Im thinking hes in the 3 to 4 mil a year range...hopefully.

You're crying over a low end signing of a guy who's improved year over year. You're acting like the world is coming to end over this signing. Same type is sh*t was said about Colon and everyone loves him now.

Plus you admitted to not knowing anything about him but hating him anyway.

Pretty baby-ish

Am I really supposed to celebrate this signing? Guys like this can be signed the day before the opener. 

i posted this in the 'pursuing' thread, will repost. 

he's from Mass which makes him sorta local. 

he had a rough year last year, had to get knee surgery mid year. It effected his play. He missed games and when he came back, wasn't full go. gave up 4 sacks and multiple pressures over 9 games or so (howard gave up 2 sacks over 16 games and only missed 2 snaps all year). 

However injury aside, he's a converted TE like Howard, he's tall and long like Howard. He's a year older but actually performed better than Howard in pro-day/combine drills, back in the day. 

Like many Idzik signings this players current price is artificially low because of the injury. "If Healthy" he could actually be an upgrade or at least a wash.

The question is his health. And that's why the Seahawks are moving on, and why he probably isn't going to cost what Howard got from Oakland 

Read his scouting report and talk to Seatle fans. He is an injury prone jag, which is all this pos GM has signed so far.

Cliffs on this guy:

-Penalty prone

-Inconsistent

-Not as good as Howard

We're in for a rough season...

While both graded out negatively this year, Giacomini, coming off surgery, graded out better than Howard per PFF.  If Idzik got him for less money, we potentially acquired a better player for less money. That is why you wait till the dust falls, this is why you don't jump to pay someone just to pay someone.  While it's possible his play is a complete wash, if we saved a million or million and a half per season, it not only saves us that money, but sets a precedent that Idzik won't be bullied into any deals. 

As I've been saying all FA: we will replace Cro's abysmal play and Howard's JAG play without a problem this free agency. The one position that we most desperately need and the one we can actually have a huge upgrade in will be WR.  If the Jets come away with Breno, Captain/DRC and then Decker or Jones, it's a win. 

While both graded out negatively this year, Giacomini, coming off surgery, graded out better than Howard per PFF.  If Idzik got him for less money, we potentially acquired a better player for less money. That is why you wait till the dust falls, this is why you don't jump to pay someone just to pay someone.  While it's possible his play is a complete wash, if we saved a million or million and a half per season, it not only saves us that money, but sets a precedent that Idzik won't be bullied into any deals. 

As I've been saying all FA: we will replace Cro's abysmal play and Howard's JAG play without a problem this free agency. The one position that we most desperately need and the one we can actually have a huge upgrade in will be WR.  If the Jets come away with Breno, Captain/DRC and then Decker or Jones, it's a win. 

Did PFF consider he played in only 9 games last season? I'm stoked after reading this.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014/03/12/new-york-jets-sign-former-seahawks-tackle-breno-giacomini/

He started 33 games over the last three seasons with the Hawks and  is regarded as a capable run blocker, but limited in pass-protection and prone to costly penalties at times. He missed seven games after undergoing knee surgery early in the 2013 season.

Did PFF consider he played in only 9 games last season? I'm stoked after reading this.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014/03/12/new-york-jets-sign-former-seahawks-tackle-breno-giacomini/

He started 33 games over the last three seasons with the Hawks and  is regarded as a capable run blocker, but limited in pass-protection and prone to costly penalties at times. He missed seven games after undergoing knee surgery early in the 2013 season.

Yes, they did, which makes it more impressive considering he was coming in cold off of a surgery without having played for months.  It's a lateral move and saves us money, I don't see how any of this is cause for the sh*tfit that's going on. We lost out on a player in which we never new was going to be a free agent, it's almost laughable. 

We apparently missed out on Davis, that sucks, but regardless of who we get, he's going to be an upgrade over Cro's play last season, hell, even Cro would be an upgrade over Cro's last season.  Not every team needs two #1 CBs and we drafted Milliner to be one of them, I'm thinking we're going to be just fine.

Yes, they did, which makes it more impressive considering he was coming in cold off of a surgery without having played for months.  It's a lateral move and saves us money, I don't see how any of this is cause for the sh*tfit that's going on. We lost out on a player in which we never new was going to be a free agent, it's almost laughable. 

We apparently missed out on Davis, that sucks, but regardless of who we get, he's going to be an upgrade over Cro's play last season, hell, even Cro would be an upgrade over Cro's last season.  Not every team needs two #1 CBs and we drafted Milliner to be one of them, I'm thinking we're going to be just fine.

Geno Smith is still all that matters this year.

fine yes. better eh

Kinda just a slap in the face to Jets fans... Oh yeah, we just  let Revis go to the Patriots after reaching out to us on a return, so we're gonna respond by signing a nobody Tackle because Idzik has a hard-on for any former Seahawks player. Really making moves over here... If we don't sign Decker tomorrow, and bring in some real talent it's only going to get uglier.

This is what Idzik and Woody just said to all Jet fans: giphy.gif

Cant tell if serious..but jeez...that was a quick turnaround on the guy if you are.

Geno Smith is still all that matters this year.

Always was, which was why WR and weaponz were our two biggest needs coming into this off-season.  Lateral moves at RT and losing out on a $10 million per year CB is not what's going to kill us.  I think signing Decker and possibly james jones, along with MJD for our 3rd down back would be a solid free agency.  If we were able to add Captain Munerlyn or DRC in addition to them, it's better than I ever could have hoped for.

He's not an up grade over Howard

Maybe, maybe not.  The point is, he was obvioulsy in the range that Idzik wanted to pay and he has famiarity with the player.  He's seen him improving since Seattle signed him and he's a really big dude with incredible length who at the end of the day just might be a better player.  I highly doubt you notice a huge fall off from Howard to him.

The other thing everyone is missing here is, RT is a fairly easy position to fill and could easily be a position that Jets take in the draft, in addition to the players waiting in the wings.  This signing is by no means is the answer to the equation.  Hopefully it is, but I dont see any reason why they'd avoid taking a player that they like at the same position in the draft.

Archived