"It's who we are!"

stevegrunder

I love this guy! I hope this guy is our HC literally forever!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11281934/rex-ryan-says-ok-new-york-jets-boasts

Guy is so passionate, so emotional. It's no wonder the players will run through a wall for this guy.

Wall runs are good for 3 points, right? I can't remember.

T0m understands this program is not going to succeed. And that Rex RYan could concievably win just enough to keep his job again and keep this sheetshow going for another season or 2.

"Hope" is better for business than "Repeating". 

Confidence is great, but talk is cheap.  Those that are truly great do not need to engage in self-engrandizement.

Who cares?

I like the talk. Obviously, it's infinitely better if they wind up backing it up, but I'm content to have the rest of the league all pissed off at the Jets and their swaggerlicious bravado in the summertime. Jets' fans who are deeply adversely affected by it are funny, too. All in all, it's a steaming pile of over-the-top goodness.

I totally want a Super Bowl Championship here, but I really would rather not have it in the Giant or Patriot way. I'd much rather have it the I guarantee it, sack dance, give me the damn ball, obnoxious Jets' way. The Pete Carroll choke gesture way.

The rest of the league hating it so much if that loudmouth Rex Ryan won a Super Bowl here would just make it that much more sweet. :D

Confidence is great, but talk is cheap.  Those that are truly great do not need to engage in self-engrandizement.

Seriously?  The list of great ones who ran/run their mouths is insanely long.

The best corner in the game right now is the most braggadocios player I've ever witnessed.

It's funny because you compared Rex to Lombardi.

Rex already thinks he IS Lombardi. This post will only solidify that thinking as if he needed any more encouragement. I don't think the term self-aggrandizement is cliché, I think it is the truth and that Rex should actually WIN something before spouting off. If I were John Idzik I would have a little talk with old Rex, and the theme would be you HAVE to win now - or else.

Rex already thinks he IS Lombardi. This post will only solidify that thinking as if he needed any more encouragement. I don't think the term self-aggrandizement is cliché, I think it is the truth and that Rex should actually WIN something before spouting off. If I were John Idzik I would have a little talk with old Rex, and the theme would be you HAVE to win now - or else.

lol, whut?

I love this guy! I hope this guy is our HC literally forever!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11281934/rex-ryan-says-ok-new-york-jets-boasts

Guy is so passionate, so emotional. It's no wonder the players will run through a wall for this guy.

Agreed.

Love this:

Ryan dusted off an old Sugar Ray Robinson quote that he's used in the past.

"To be great, to be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will," he said. "You can't hide in this league, so if you're saying it, that's great because they really believe it. You don't want to get embarrassed, that's for sure, but that means you're going to put in the work."

Who cares?

I like the talk. Obviously, it's infinitely better if they wind up backing it up, but I'm content to have the rest of the league all pissed off at the Jets and their swaggerlicious bravado in the summertime. Jets' fans who are deeply adversely affected by it are funny, too. All in all, it's a steaming pile of over-the-top goodness.

I totally want a Super Bowl Championship here, but I really would rather not have it in the Giant or Patriot way. I'd much rather have it the I guarantee it, sack dance, give me the damn ball, obnoxious Jets' way. The Pete Carroll choke gesture way.

The rest of the league hating it so much if that loudmouth Rex Ryan won a Super Bowl here would just make it that much more sweet. :biggrin:

I could not agree more.

Agreed.

Love this:

Ryan dusted off an old Sugar Ray Robinson quote that he's used in the past.

"To be great, to be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will," he said. "You can't hide in this league, so if you're saying it, that's great because they really believe it. You don't want to get embarrassed, that's for sure, but that means you're going to put in the work."

LOL

Rex really doesn't understand this quote at all.

There's a HUGE difference between believing in yourself and mouthing off to convince others that you're a champion. The surest way to prove to others that you're a champion is to become one.

History would also suggest Rex does like getting embarrassed. 

LOL

Rex really doesn't understand this quote at all.

There's a HUGE difference between believing in yourself and mouthing off to convince others that you're a champion. The surest way to prove to others that you're a champion is to become one.

History would also suggest Rex does like getting embarrassed. 

Pretty sure you're the one who doesnt understand it.

LOL

Pretty sure you're the one who doesnt understand it.

LOL

Do you believe I don't understand it, or are you just saying it in hopes to convince others?

I will ALWAYS be better at this than you. You should know this by now.

What part of win before you talk don't you understand?

Apparently the part where you wrote a bunch of other jibba-jabba words that in your mind meant that, but really came across as a spilled bowl of alphabet soup.

Who cares?

The rest of the league hating it so much if that loudmouth Rex Ryan won a Super Bowl here would just make it that much more sweet. :biggrin:

We should have such dilemmas. There are no style points to winning.

As to ther Lombardi comparison, 5 > 0. 

Archived