Darrelle Revis has no empathy for your pain. (Rich Cimini)

Patriot Killa

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, Jets fans, Darrelle Revis has no empathy for your pain
JANUARY 27, 2015 6:45:30 PM PST
By Rich Cimini

So, let's see. Since being traded by the New York JetsDarrelle Revis has pocketed $29 million and will play in Super Bowl XLIX this Sunday in Glendale, Arizona. 

RevisThe Jets? They're 12-20 without Revis, rebuilding with a new regime. The man who pulled the trigger on the trade, John Idzik, is out of work. 

Revis wins. 

After one year in Tampa Bay purgatory, the star cornerback moved his Island to New England and discovered football paradise -- a successful franchise willing to pay him a ton of money, if only for one year. It's "so surreal to me," he said Tuesday at media day, soaking up the moment. 

As for his old team -- the Jets, not the Buccaneers -- he so doesn't care about their hard times. 

At media day, Revis was asked if he feels sorry for the suffering Jets' fans. 

"Do I feel sorry for the Jets' fans? Um, not really," he said, according to NJ Advance Media. "It's not really my call. I didn't make the call. Management made the call at that time and they felt it was best to get rid of me. That was the situation. That is how I look at it." 

The Jets got rid of him because Revis showed no flexibility whatsoever in negotiations, demanding franchise-quarterback money. If he had been willing to bend a little, there might have been a chance to work out a long-term deal. But, no. Revis, always about the money, shot his way out of town. He dropped some hints last year about wanting to return, but that was more PR than anything else. 

He got what he wanted -- a championship-caliber team and a big pay day, not necessarily in that order. 

Dont see a thing wrong with what he said. The reality is that our secondary has been exposed since his trade and we've looked like sh*t ever since. No way in the world would I root for his team, but if Revis got a ring on Sunday it wouldnt be because he isnt deserving of one. Dude is one of the best in the business. Having success on the field and alot of money doing it makes him a pretty good business man as well. 

Rich is simply trying to get a reaction from Jet fans. No sports news to be seen here whatsoever. 

"The Jets got rid of him because Revis showed no flexibility whatsoever in negotiations, demanding franchise-quarterback money. If he had been willing to bend a little, there might have been a chance to work out a long-term deal. But, no. Revis, always about the money, shot his way out of town. He dropped some hints last year about wanting to return, but that was more PR than anything else. "

That's a fair statement

Also he is not the shut down cornerback he was in 2009 and 2010.

Opposing QB's completed only 37.8% of their passes against Revis this year.

That was the best in the NFL, including better than that loudmouth clown Sherman.

Glad that Revis is finally playing for a winning organization, his first 7 years must have sucked.

That was the best in the NFL, including better than that loudmouth clown Sherman.

Glad that Revis is finally playing for a winning organization, his first 7 years must have sucked.

Played horribly against the Ravens in the playoffs though, which is more meaningful than that regular season stat.

Not as much as Revis sucking the money out of your salary cap IF you guys decide to pay him.

If you decide to pay him, it is clear that the Pats have changed their way in operation because they weren't winning Super Bowls the other way. By drafting talent and avoiding big time FA's.

After one year in Tampa Bay purgatory, the star cornerback moved his Island to New England and discovered football paradise -- a successful franchise willing to pay him a ton of money, if only for one year. 

A "ton of money"?  They're paying him $12M for this year.  We would have been thrilled to pay him $12M.  He wanted no less than $16....

Darrelle Revis: 41 tackles, 14 PD, 2 int.

Richard Sherman: 57 tackles, 8 PD, 4 int and 1 FF.

Looks like Sherman would be more of the impact player, don't you think?

Revis is a shade of his former self.  BTW, you are are jealous of us because you post here all the time.

Archived