Goodell's "How I'm ruining football address" press conference

Integrity28

On now.

It's becoming clear to me. The opening statements by Kraft on media day, mock outrage about being owed an apology by the NFL, was 100% posturing to give the appearance of distance between Goodell and Kraft.

Goodell is talking about it being "his job" today. Their doing damage control on the conflict of interest.

The hypocrisy around strutinizing Marshawn Lynch's wardrobe is mind-numbing.

Ray Rice's original suspension from Goodell for hitting his fiance = 2 games. 

Marhsawn Lynch's threat to be suspend for gold shoes = 1 game.

Patriots caught cheating = PR campaign to get them off the hook.

This is the most useless crap ever. He answers NOTHING. It's all legal garbage.

I agree with Francessa on the Rachel Nichols question. It was a great question, and he just turned around and acted like an untouchable, smug prick. Nasty.

I agree with Francessa on the Rachel Nichols question. It was a great question, and he just turned around and acted like an untouchable, smug prick. Nasty.

This is like a deposition, I'm shutting it off, I have paint that needs some attention while it drys

I'm not watching/listening. What was the question (and "answer")?

She pointed how owners pay for the NFL, and the NFL pays for Goodell's salary, as well as paying the lawyer they hired to independently do the deflategate investigation. Then she asked about how it isn't still a conflict of interest, given that the owners are basically paying for the investigation.

Goodell bellowed about the attorney's reputation and integrity, and then snarked at Rachel Nichols that she could pay for it if she wants.

the NFL is making loads of money- that is what the owners care about

ESPN said yesterday that the cheapest ticket available on the secondary market for the SB was $8,000.  People may not like him, but he's not killing anything.

Ok I didn't turn it off. And he almost sh*t his pants when answering that direct question about how he favors Kraft. The sweat started streaming before the reporter finished the question. LOL

That was enjoyable.

For those not watching, not that it means anything, nor do I expect he provided any substance...what was his response?  Did anyone directly ask him about Sherman's comments?

For those not watching, not that it means anything, nor do I expect he provided any substance...what was his response?  Did anyone directly ask him about Sherman's comments?

Yup. He said that he is available to the media almost everyday he is working 12 months a year. But he's not doing weekly press conferences.

ESPN said yesterday that the cheapest ticket available on the secondary market for the SB was $8,000.  People may not like him, but he's not killing anything.

The damaging effects of recent events won't take their toll on the bottom line immediately, give it time... if he stays in this job and continues to be a piece of sh*t, it'll catch up.

Goodell was a great commissioner for a long time, but the wheels are starting to fall of this train. I'd love to his ass fired.

When was this?

His first major test as commissioner was Spygate and he botched it completely. 

The guy has never been anything other than a walking cluster****. 

When was this?

His first major test as commissioner was Spygate and he botched it completely. 

The guy has never been anything other than a walking cluster****. 

I liked him early on. Loved the idea of a commish who wanted to clean up the league and demand off-field discipline.  Tagliabue wouldn't have punished a serial killer, no backbone at all.

It was a welcome change IMO.

On now.

It's becoming clear to me. The opening statements by Kraft on media day, mock outrage about being owed an apology by the NFL, was 100% posturing to give the appearance of distance between Goodell and Kraft.

Goodell is talking about it being "his job" today. Their doing damage control on the conflict of interest.

I never paid much attention to the office of the commissioner until Roger Goodell took over and made a sham out of it. He can't hold a candle to Pete Rozelle or Paul Tagliabue. He makes things too much about HIMSELF, where as the other guys seemed to do what was BEST for the league, and not their respective buddies. I know Rozelle was close to Rams owner Carroll Rosenbloom, but never made decisions based on that friendship. Goodell will buy Kraft's bulls*it explanation hook, line and sinker.

I liked him early on. Loved the idea of a commish who wanted to clean up the league and demand off-field discipline.  Tagliabue wouldn't have punished a serial killer, no backbone at all.

It was a welcome change IMO.

Tagliabue wouldn't have spent the last 2 weeks coming up with a strategy to help the Patriots brush this under the rug, while shifting the focus of "discipline" to Marshawn Lynch's ******* shoes and bad interview manners.

To think that Marshawn was almost suspended for the NFC Championship game, which would have absolutely impacted the outcome of that game, for his shoes is insane. Especially in contrast to hearing "weather deflates footballs selectively" bullsh*t for 2 weeks while the league does everything they can to ensure Brady and Belicheat are part of this game.

I never paid much attention to the office of the commissioner until Roger Goodell took over and made a sham out of it. He can't hold a candle to Pete Rozelle or Paul Tagliabue. He makes things too much about HIMSELF, where as the other guys seemed to do what was BEST for the league, and not their respective buddies. I know Rozelle was close to Rams owner Carroll Rosenbloom, but never made decisions based on that friendship. Goodell will buy Kraft's bulls*it explanation hook, line and sinker.

Buy it? I'd bet money that the NFL PR team is helping Kraft come up with what role he's supposed to play opposite Goodell in order to make the non-punishment outcome look more legit.

He does not even try to project that he is on some higher moral plain than the rest of his minions.  Old time commissioners were at least holier-than-thou, which is the way we expected them to behave.  A commissioner making 44 million a year is an obscenity to me.  It is clear only one thing matters to him. 

Archived