Bradford/Eagles contract talks break down

AFJF

no one called Brees an injury waiting to happen.  He was hurt once and had teams interested in him

Yeah, but they did call him a midget and were not sure if his shoulder was healed.

Any team that gives Bradfird more than a one year deal is nuts.  

Call me nuts. In fact, when gambling on players with injury raps I think you want to lock them up.  If he has two injury free seasons in a row he is going to get.. .dare I say... Russell Wilson money!

Yeah, but they did call him a midget and were not sure if his shoulder was healed.

Call me nuts. In fact, when gambling on players with injury raps I think you want to lock them up.  If he has two injury free seasons in a row he is going to get.. .dare I say... Russell Wilson money!

One team did, they Dolphins.  Hardly a team to turn to when it comes to evaluating QBs post Marino falling into their laps

Jeff Fisher is the most overrated coach in the NFL. He is so well spoken though that people think he can actually coach,

I agree he is very overrated.  The media loves him.  Rex sucks because he can't develop a qb but Fisher can flop with the Vince Youngs, Sam Bradfords and now Nick Foles and it's not his fault.

The guy has a career rating of 79 and has completed 58% of his passes. Why all the gushing over a few preseason snaps?

because he did that playing with no running game, no wRs, and in a division with the Seahawks, 9ers, and our own Todd Bowles defense (cards).

he had a 2:1 int ratio and 59% comp despite the above factors. 

because he did that playing with no running game, no wRs, and in a division with the Seahawks, 9ers, and our own Todd Bowles defense (cards).

Most of his numbers were before Bowles was in that division and before the Seahawks or Niners became relevant. I'm pretty sure he was QBing the year the Seahawks won the NFCW at 7-9. I'm not trying to say he is Ryan Leaf, but I'd think long and hard before hitching my wagon to him over the long term. The last thing the Jets needs is a contract with big guaranteed money for a player who has bones made from balsa wood.

Most of his numbers were before Bowles was in that division and before the Seahawks or Niners became relevant. I'm pretty sure he was QBing the year the Seahawks won the NFCW at 7-9. I'm not trying to say he is Ryan Leaf, but I'd think long and hard before hitching my wagon to him over the long term. The last thing the Jets needs is a contract with big guaranteed money for a player who has bones made from balsa wood.

the good thing is they have 16 games in front of him before they make that decision..

If this guy makes it through the season injury free and hits the market I would expect the Jets to make a strong push at him. They'll definitely have the cap room to sign anybody they want again.

If he makes it through the season injury free he'll be franchised; Eagles aren't letting him hit the market as a FA

• 2 weeks later...

Actually that's not true. Just because recently they've had some good defenses in the division doesn't mean that it was hard on Bradford since he missed most of those tough matchups. So statistically it should have worked out in Bradford's favor, having missing most of those tough division games. In those few he didn't miss, he typically played poorly.

Seattle: He has only played in 2 games since the Seahawks became the top defensive team, both coming in 2012, and Bradford bad games in both outings. The only reason they won one of them is Russell Wilson threw 3 picks and 0 TDs plus Zuerlein somehow made FGs of 48, 58, and 60 yards (as well as a 24 yarder) that game. 

Arizona: the first 3 years of Bradford's career - 42 of his 49 games with the Rams - the Cardinals had either a meh or awful defense. As a rookie, Arizona had like the 30th ranked defense and he had bad to awful outings in both of those games as well. In 2011 they were meh and his combined stats against them were again bad. In 2012 Arizona was a train wreck (Bradford faced them twice during their 9 game losing streak), and though he posted 2:1 TD:INT ratios in both wins he also had laughable completion percentages of 33% and 47%.

SF: In 2011 the 49ers had the #2 defense but Bradford missed both of those matchups to injury. When SF had an average defense in 2010 he played them twice and put up good but not great stats.

So Bradford didn't play against as many tough divisional defenses as you'd think. 

If he makes it through the season injury free he'll be franchised; Eagles aren't letting him hit the market as a FA

Bradford may make it through the season, but only because he throws the ball away at the first sign of pressure. It won't be long until he's benched.

I'm not sure but I don't think a backup QB has ever been franchised.

Archived