Fitz Just Not Good Enough

JohnnyLV

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder sometimes... Did people actually WATCH Geno play?  He was perhaps the worst quarterback this franchise has ever seen.  Mark Sanchez was almost equally unwatchable.  Fitzpatrick may have his limitations, but my goodness, he is worlds better than either of those two train wrecks.  

Making today about Fitz is unimaginative , at best.

This was a whole-team loss, they looked flat at times, made stupid mistakes, could not capitalize on momentum-stealing drives on offense, could not hold on momentum-crushing situations on defense.

They played good enough to get us excited, but far too poorly to win in Foxboro ... Especially needing to beat both Brady and the zebras.

Youre crazy this is a very good football team. had a chance to win as time expired against the best team in NFL. And if we were able to attempt a hail mary at end of game and it worked and we win game suddenly that means fitz is amazing and the team is going to SB. People's opinion on an entire team comes down to one play (or non-play). Gimme a break.

buncha chicken littles around here.

And genos body language is horrible on the sidelines. He seems like he is not part of the team.  I go to games, I was in London, I watch every play.  He is lost.  Last week we were down against the skins at the half, gene walk to the tunnel head down ignoring fans shirt untucked. He lost his job over what about to you and I over $6.00. 

Lets forget him , support fitz and pray PETTY is Rothlisberger 2.016

This may be in the running for the dumbest post of the year. 

The defense gave up a 3rd and 17

brandon dropped a TD pass that hit him in the freaking hands

we had a fourth quarter lead

we couldn't run the ball

but yet you choose to blame fitz.  Well that in a nutshell explains you're knowledge of the game.  Great post. 

Play action only works when the run is a threat. 

He is not blaming Fitzpatrick.....

Why is it that you cannot criticize a player on this team that deserves it?  Fitzpatrick plays his heart out, is a great teammate, and is a smart guy.  But that does not mean he is good enough to lead a team.  He is the perfect example of a great back-up QB.  What is the shame in that, considering where he was drafted?  But this guy is just not going to carry a team.  We all knew this.....why now is there such blind allegiance to this guy? 

Fitz has been on 6 or 7 teams in his career.  We know what we get w fitz.  Hes not our franchise qb.  But hes a sufficent veteran until we find one.

What is up w these Fitz threads?  The only other option is petty and hes not ready yet.  Hes not out there cause hes the savior.  Hes out there cause we dont have anyone else.

He is not blaming Fitzpatrick.....

Why is it that you cannot criticize a player on this team that deserves it?  Fitzpatrick plays his heart out, is a great teammate, and is a smart guy.  But that does not mean he is good enough to lead a team.  He is the perfect example of a great back-up QB.  What is the shame in that, considering where he was drafted?  But this guy is just not going to carry a team.  We all knew this.....why now is there such blind allegiance to this guy? 

Nobody is calling Fitz the next Brady.  He is what he is.  And, at this point it is not likely we have Brady or Rodgers sitting on the bench.  Sure, criticize a player, that is fine, but today, with all of the blame to go around, not sure why you targeting Fitz.  It is like saying the band on the Titanic could have done better :-)

IMO we were out coached.  BB has been doing this for a decade, not surprising he had the upper hand on Bowels.

If you are going to blame anyone other than coaching, you have to blame the #1 defense.  If they had held on either of the last 2 TDs and forced a turn over or held to a FG we might be rejoicing now.

Then why bother? We likely make the playoffs this year because we are very talented outside of QB and the way they AFC is separated already with the haves and have nots is pretty unprecedented.  But if you have no chance to compete who cares? I would rather see Petty out there or Geno both of whom can actually make plays.

You are an idiot. 

We haven't seen either Petty nor Geno EVER make a play, and there s is only a future for one of them. 

Can you guess who Might have a future.  Jesus I have no idea why the like of Geno. Must be young fans that are just learning the game, cuz anyone older than 40 knows he sucks. Kaepernickmsucksmand I'd take him over Geno. Y'all need to get over Geno he was a flyer pick by a shifty GM.  Nothing more. 

I am not sure what some fans want.  Do they expect that Geno will win it all for us?  Do they think the Petty is ready?  It is not like we are sitting a HOF QB for him to play?  What do they expect the Jets to do?  Call Goodell and have him force GB to trade rodgers to us for Geno and a hand full of magic beans?  Should we just give up as we can't win it all with Fitz?  Just refuse to play for the rest of the season in hopes that Andrew luck re-enters the draft?

I'd rather be pacified than depressed with no hope. 

millennials can't handle the smallest whiff of disappointment. they don't understand that real life isn't a movie where the hero never makes mistakes and always hits the shot while running and falling and doing a flip from 200 yards with a handgun.

Then why bother? We likely make the playoffs this year because we are very talented outside of QB and the way they AFC is separated already with the haves and have nots is pretty unprecedented.  But if you have no chance to compete who cares? I would rather see Petty out there or Geno both of whom can actually make plays.

We're not winning any big game this year. If you expected that, you're DUMB. So you want us to tank then, apparently

If Marshall catches the TD and Lafell doesn't drop half his passes, or Edelman doesn't drop his TD, we still lose. There were drops on both sides. You can't blame a drop for losing a game when your opponents had more drops, including a TD themselves. As for 3rd and 18, Brady made a big play. It happens. Our defense played well overall. Ivory looked fine and said he'll be ready for Wednesday practice.

never blamed Marshall for anything other than he dropped a pass.  All I said is for all the idiotic whining about Fitz if any of those things went the other way we win.

Archived