Report: Decker Upset With Jets Over Fitzpatrick Situation

JetNation

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason Cole–Verified account ‏@JasonColeBR

Source said WR Brandon Marshall's absence from #Jets OTAs does not have to do with Ryan Fitzpatrick. "No story."

7:39 PM - 25 May 2016

1 minute ago, TnT said:

Source said WR Brandon Marshall's absence from #Jets OTAs does not have to do with Ryan Fitzpatrick. "No story."

And then theres this.

so like I said. when they are asked (and they will be), based off their reaction...then i'll decide whether to say "f#ck that dude" or not.

The top part is a relief to hear, but ya lost me on the bottom part.  Who said that in reference to what?

3 minutes ago, TnT said:

And then theres this.

so like I said. when they are asked (and they will be), based off their reaction...then i'll decide whether to say "f#ck that dude" or not.

We pick and choose what we want to believe.  I quoted Cole a few months ago when he said Jets were done with Geno and everybody said he was a nobody who had no sources.  With this being good news, I expect those same people to say "see, told you nobody was holding out  for Fitz".

Nothing against you at all, I get your point of view, but Decker has a rep for being a hard worker.  Kinda suspicious that he takes a pass on OTA's with young/inexperienced QB;s on the roster who could use some reps with him if Fitz doesn't come back.  Decides to go indoor rock climbing instead?

Just now, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Yes, because he is standing up for a teammate who broke the franchise record for TD's who is clearly being low balled...I would think one of the top #2 receivers in the game is highly qualified to analyze the ability of quarterbacks in this league and it is admirable that he is standing up for justice. Bravo Eric!! ?

Lol, no. All it really says is that Decker is just a crybaby douche who probably already knows that Fitz is not coming back and is pouting like a little bitch that just lost his pacifier. And he is giving a giant finger to the Jets organization so he can shove that one up his puckered ass too. Fitz sucks. But veterans want to play with all veterans because they want to "win now"  could piss on the future for all they care. Plus Fitz is his"buddy". It says jack diddle about whether he is good as a QB or not. Once again Decker can go fuuck himself.

I realize this is annoying to many fans, but why overreact to this? These camps are optional. Optional. There is NOTHING Bowles can do about it. In fact, the great BB got in trouble with the NFLPA when he moved a player down the depth chart because he didn't come to optional camps. There is nothing he can say or do to encourage, yell at or force them to come. Anything he says other than it is optional is likely to get him into trouble.

Also, this says nothing about Bowels authority. They are mad a Mac not Bowles.

They each had career years with Fitz and so they want him back. If they start missing mandatory camps, intentionally dropping balls, or whatever, then we should worry.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I believe this is outright fiction.

Wouldn't be surprised one way or the other, but of course it would be Manish reporting it as a real thing w/o confirmation.

5 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Yes, because he is standing up for a teammate who broke the franchise record for TD's who is clearly being low balled...I would think one of the top #2 receivers in the game is highly qualified to analyze the ability of quarterbacks in this league and it is admirable that he is standing up for justice. Bravo Eric!! ?

He doesnt get to make the decision on who is signed or not...and he certainly doesnt deserve to be looked at favorably by anyone who is for team chemistry and the well being for THE TEAM AS A WHOLE if this an accurate report.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I saw an item today on NJ.com that Fitz and the Jets are closer to a deal. Have a nice day.?

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I saw an item today on NJ.com that Fitz and the Jets are closer to a deal. Have a nice day.?

Possible, but with the Decker thing and the interviews stating he wants to be a Jet, equally as possible it is spin by the Fitz camp to place the "blame" on the Jets when he is never signed.

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Lol, no. All it really says is that Decker is just a crybaby douche who probably already knows that Fitz is not coming back and is pouting like a little bitch that just lost his pacifier. And he is giving a giant finger to the Jets organization so he can shove that one up his puckered ass too. Fitz sucks. But veterans want to play with all veterans because they want to "win now"  could piss on the future for all they care. Plus Fitz is his"buddy". It says jack diddle about whether he is good as a QB or not. Once again Decker can go fuuck himself.

Well, Fitz helped the top two receivers produce 26 TD's...that definitely doesn't suck. And where is buddy Brandon? This is not reflecting well on Jets management.

11 minutes ago, AFJF said:

We pick and choose what we want to believe.  I quoted Cole a few months ago when he said Jets were done with Geno and everybody said he was a nobody who had no sources.  With this being good news, I expect those same people to say "see, told you nobody was holding out  for Fitz".

Nothing against you at all, I get your point of view, but Decker has a rep for being a hard worker.  Kinda suspicious that he takes a pass on OTA's with young/inexperienced QB;s on the roster who could use some reps with him if Fitz doesn't come back.  Decides to go indoor rock climbing instead?

No offense taken at all sir.

I only choose to hear the whole story.

Have you read how some of our fans sound here when they jump the gun?!

Just now, TnT said:

No offense taken at all sir.

I only chose to hear the whole story.

Have you read how some of our fans sound here when they jump the gun?!

Yup...and I can't help but laugh.

Waiting for the first person to call for Decker to be waterboarded.

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

LOL..this is hilarious....bottom five offense for the better part of four decades, finally gets pieces in place to be at least top half of NFL, fans want everyone traded.  Love it.

I want players who are here to support the team, not conspire to sabotage it because they want to have playtime with their friends. They jets are offering this selfish journeyman scrub more than any other team and he thinks he can extort them for more. Time to flush these me-first turds, let them go socialize at home if that's what they want to do

52 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If only Decker would take an honest look at the past.

Decker is a f*cking idiot for doing this and so is anyone defending him. How's that for honest take?

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

I want players who are here to support the team, not conspire to sabotage it because they want to have playtime with their friends. They jets are offering this selfish journeyman scrub more than any other team and he thinks he can extort them for more. Time to flush these me-first turds, let them go socialize at home if that's what they want to do

Nailed it.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Decker is a f*cking idiot for doing this and so is anyone defending him. How's that for honest take?

I think you shouldn't bottle up your true feelings.  Just be more blunt and tell it like it is...LOL

20 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Decker needs to watch video clips of Geno pointing at linebackers. 

Or he can watch in person, live on the field as Fitz stares him down during week 17 leading to 1 of 3 picks in the 4th quarter with the playoffs on the line. 

To Fitz credit, this was the first time in 11 years that he was actually playing in a game WITH the playoffs on the line. Most definitely a step in the right direction. 

18 minutes ago, AFJF said:

LOL..this is hilarious....bottom five offense for the better part of four decades, finally gets pieces in place to be at least top half of NFL, fans want everyone traded.  Love it.

Sanchez ran better offenses than this overrated fitz bullsh*t

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Or he can watch in person, live on the field as Fitz stares him down week 17 leading to 1 of 3 picks in the 4th quarter with the playoffs on the line. 

Winning isn't important, what really matters is that they are two friends out there having fun. Yay fitzy!

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don't want to kill Decker here, but this is what happens when you don't have a coherent organizational philosophy that the players can opt to buy into. The Jets are neither contending nor rebuilding, and are doomed to mediocrity if Maccagnan doesn't draw a line in the sand, starting with Fitzpatrick. Publicly begging him to return was stupid, and if it costs them an extra $2-$5 mil to do it, they're as stupid as Tannenbaum was when he bid against himself for Sanchez's extension.

In Mac we trust...

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Or he can watch in person, live on the field as Fitz stares him down week 17 leading to 1 of 3 picks in the 4th quarter with the playoffs on the line. 

Yeah....and Geno is way more efficient.  When he threw 3 INT's against the Bills, he only needed 8 pass attempts to do it. LOL

Just now, cant wait said:

Winning isn't important, what really matters is that they are two friends out there having fun. Yay fitzy!

Perhaps Decker feels Fitz gives them the best chance to win...kinda like when he said a few weeks ago that Fitz is the best QB for this team right now.

3 minutes ago, Hitman Harris said:

Don't worry. 

Decker and Fitz will all be back very soon. 

That is worrisome.  Now not only because it's bad for the team performance wise, but it would mean the inmates run the asylum.

Bowles has some work to do.

Archived