Report: Decker Upset With Jets Over Fitzpatrick Situation

JetNation

10 minutes ago, cant wait said:

You can just make it straight to JN, just post the receipt. In all likelihood I'll be too upset about the losing season to do much rejoicing so I'm trying to live it up as much as possible before reality sets in

I won't hold my breath if you lose, I suspect you'll be using that money to drink your sorrows away if Fitz leads the Jets to the playoffs.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ylekram said:

proof? lmao. there is a reason you like that number "21" so much. lets change that number to "20". I little ol point. now what is fitz's record last year with opponents that score 20 points or less? give up? its 10-0

I'll sit at the table and play this hand. I'll even play with my cards up! 

#1. He went 9-0, not 10-0. Anyway, Fitzpatrick had to go into O.T. twice to earn victorys over teams that scored 20 points (Giants, Patriots). In those games, both the Giants and Patriots completely blew opportunities to win the game (Giants declining a field goal which would have put the game out of reach and the Patriots deferring during OT). 

#2. In a passing league, if you can only beat teams that score 20 or less then #1, WTF are you doing in the league and #2, WhyTF are you even asking for 12-15 million dollars? 

#3. This is the killer. Ryan Fitzpatrick had the most talented Jets team in Jets history coming into a season with the easiest schedule probably ever. This guy couldnt make the playoffs because he went 9-0 against teams that scored 20 or less (direct credit to the defense mind you). But he couldnt make the playoffs because he lost 84% of the games against teams that scored just 1 more point than 20. 

The fact that you even mentioned 20 or less points yet didnt see anything wrong with that (along with getting the amount wrong) says alot. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

#1. He went 9-0, not 10-0. Anyway, Fitzpatrick had to go into O.T. twice to earn victorys over teams that scored 20 points (Giants, Patriots). In those games, both the Giants and Patriots completely blew opportunities to win the game (Giants declining a field goal which would have put the game out of reach and the Patriots deferring during OT). 

#2. In a passing league, if you can only beat teams that score 20 or less then #1, WTF are you doing in the league and #2, WTF are you even asking for 12-15 million dollars? 

#3. This is the killer. Ryan Fitzpatrick had the most talented Jets team in Jets history coming into a season with the easiest schedule probably ever. This guy couldnt make the playoffs because he went 10-0 against teams that scored 20 or less (direct credit to the defense mind you). But he couldnt make the playoffs because he lost 84% of the games against teams that scored just 1 more point than 20. 

The fact that you even mentioned 20 or less points yet didnt see anything wrong with that (along with getting the amount wrong) says alot. 

When Mark Sanchez had that magical rookie season that you love to point out, how many games did he have to win when the opponent scored 20 or more points, and how many of them did he win?  

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm sure he will, right after Glennon gets one of the "largest contracts in NFL history".

Lol.

As for Decker, OTA's are voluntary.  He has every right to express his view till they become mandatory.  Says alot, tho, IMO, that the guy (who everyone here almost to a man says "I liked/respected till now..." clearly does not want Geno Smith as his #1 QB this year.  I know everyone here is smarter than the Coaches/players/GM, just as Sperm who think he's a Cap Genius, but it should tell Geno fans something that a guy who played an entire season with him doesn't want to play with him again, and wants the "loser" you hate so much.  

The NFL is an inflation league. It's possible Glennon will get a contract like that before Fitz gets a playoff birth. 

However, watching how people immediately throw Glennon at me is like when children arguing in grade school and when their feelings get hurt they respond with "your mother". lol. 

It only further confirms that its nothing more than emotions when it comes to Fitz, not that people really genuinely believe in Fitz. And I can understand. The 31 TD's are blinding most, but not being able to beat teams that simply score 3 TD's should be the coffee to open your eyes! 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

#1. He went 9-0, not 10-0. Anyway, Fitzpatrick had to go into O.T. twice to earn victorys over teams that scored 20 points (Giants, Patriots). In those games, both the Giants and Patriots completely blew opportunities to win the game (Giants declining a field goal which would have put the game out of reach and the Patriots deferring). 

#2. In a passing league, if you can only beat teams that score 20 or less then #1, WTF are you doing in the league and #2, WTF are you even asking for 12-15 million dollars? 

#3. This is the killer. Ryan Fitzpatrick had the most talented Jets team in Jets history coming into a season with the easiest schedule probably ever. This guy couldnt make the playoffs because he went 10-0 against teams that scored 20 or less (direct credit to the defense mind you). But he couldnt make the playoffs because he lost 84% of the games against teams that scored just 1 more point than 20. 

tells me that if the jets defense can hold teams to 20 points or less, they are undefeated. more importantly, stats don't mean everything that you think they mean. @21 points=looks horrible.@20 points=undefeated. I like how you upped your game,also. before it was a talented team and weak schedule that carried Fitzpatrick. now its the best jets team in history and the easiest schedule ever. staying tuned to see whats next

39 minutes ago, AFJF said:

When Mark Sanchez had that magical rookie season that you love to point out, how many games did he have to win when the opponent scored 20 or more points, and how many of them did he win?  

Stop getting so emotional. No one loves pointing out anything Mark Sanchez. I posted a video. 

The only thing I love here is exposing Ryan Fitzpatrick for the fraud that he is and even more how fans are simply Fitzpatrick fans due to emotions. 

But to answer your question, I dont know...and im not looking it up. What I can tell you, is that the Jets made the playoffs. Not just in his rookie season but his sophomore season as well. However, Sanchez won 9 games in his rookie season then followed that up with 11 in his 2nd season. 

How many years did it take Fitzpatrick to win 9 games? Also, how many years has did it take Fitzpatrick to win 11 games? Also, why all these excuses for Fitz? The dude has had an entire career. I mean, is 11 years not long enough for you? I mean, you're totally done with Genover and he's only played 2 seasons. Why are you dismissing Fitz entire career? 

Damn shame that Fitzpatrick in his 11 year performance is being compared to rookies though! lol I think you may be right. I am loving this! lol. 

Fitz is a fraud. 

12 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I won't hold my breath if you lose, I suspect you'll be using that money to drink your sorrows away if Fitz leads the Jets to the playoffs.

I don't really drink a lot but maybe. It's a donation to JN anyway, I figure they deserve it for letting us vent all year

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The NFL is an inflation league. It's possible Glennon will get a contract like that before Fitz gets a playoff birth. 

However, watching how people immediately throw Glennon at me is like when children arguing in grade school and when their feelings get hurt they respond with "your mother". lol. 

It only further confirms that its nothing more than emotions when it comes to Fitz, not that people really genuinely believe in Fitz. And I can understand. The 31 TD's are blinding most, but not being able to beat teams that simply score 3 TD's should be the coffee to open your eyes! 

People bring up Glennon to speak your language.  I've agreed with you from day one about Glennon and also defended his record based on his circumstances.  Then when I defend Fitz based on similar circumstances, you don't want to hear it and it's all his fault.

See the hypocrisy?  Many times Fitz was a better/more productive QB than players like Sanchez during his playoff years, but you praise Sanchez because his top-five defense and top-five running game made up for all of his shortcomings and carried him to the post season despite having one game in which he threw for 100 yards with a 50% comp pct and one TD.

The double-standard is laughable.

How many more players and executives have to come out in full support of Fitz for you to realize that maybe Geno isn't better than Fitz?  Or are you dug in so deep that nothing will allow you to consider it?

5 minutes ago, ylekram said:

tells me that if the jets defense can hold teams to 20 points or less, they are undefeated. more importantly, stats don't mean everything that you think they mean. @21 points=looks horrible.@20 points=undefeated. I like how you upped your game,also. before it was a talented team and weak schedule that carried Fitzpatrick. now its the best jets team in history and the easiest schedule ever. staying tuned to see whats next

YES! YES I AGREE! It also tells me that if the Jets defense holds a team to 20 points or less they're undefeated. The problem, when you're not seeing (because you dont care to see). is that defenses will not always hold teams to 20 points or less. The offense has to score points. 

And you can talk about all that "Stay tuned to see whats next" nonsense all you want. At the end of the day I can rest my head on this fact. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick in his entire 11 year career has lost 84% of the time games where opponents scored 21 or more points. that has nothing to do with "schedules" or "best teams". 

That has everything to do with a fraudulent quarterback. 

Glad you decided to stay tuned! 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Stop getting so emotional. No one loves point out anything Mark Sanchez. I posted a video. 

The only thing I love here is exposing Ryan Fitzpatrick for the fraud that he is and even more how fans are simply Fitzpatrick fans due to emotions. 

But to answer your question, I dont know...and im not looking it up. What I can tell you, is that the Jets made the playoffs. Not just in his rookie season but his sophomore season as well. However, Sanchez won 9 games in his rookie season then followed that up with 11 in his 2nd season. 

How many years did it take Fitzpatrick to win 9 games? Also, how many years has did it take Fitzpatrick to win 11 games? Also, why all these excuses for Fitz? The dude has had an entire career. I mean, is 11 years not long enough for you? I mean, you're totally done with Genover and he's only played 2 seasons. Why are you dismissing Fitz entire career? 

Damn shame that Fitzpatrick in his 11 year performance is being compared to rookies though! lol I think you may be right. I am loving this! lol. 

Fitz is a fraud. 

Yes, I like Fitz because of my emotions...has nothing to do with watching an offense function like an NFL unit and finishing 11th in the NFL in scoring after years of seeing them finish in the bottom 5 with a QB who was voted worst in the NFL two years in a row by players/coaches/execs.  Nothing to do with any of those things.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

People bring up Glennon to speak your language.  I've agreed with you from day one about Glennon and also defended his record based on his circumstances.  Then when I defend Fitz based on similar circumstances, you don't want to hear it and it's all his fault.

See the hypocrisy?  Many times Fitz was a better/more productive QB than players like Sanchez during his playoff years, but you praise Sanchez because his top-five defense and top-five running game made up for all of his shortcomings and carried him to the post season despite having one game in which he threw for 100 yards with a 50% comp pct and one TD.

The double-standard is laughable.

How many more players and executives have to come out in full support of Fitz for you to realize that maybe Geno isn't better than Fitz?  Or are you dug in so deep that nothing will allow you to consider it?

Look Fitz is a fraud. 

Come to me when he changes that 84% failure rate and he gets to the playoffs. You can talk Geno, you can talk Glennon, but at the end of the day both QB's are on rookie contracts. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is an 11 year veteran and he's shown to be nothing more than a fraud. You talk about "Facts". Stop with the bullsh*t and present some. 

I'm over here TELLING YOU  that your avatar man is a fraud because......then I produce my FACTS!

You wanna talk Sanchez, Tebow, Glennon etc. You running for you life over here. Stick to the script. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a straight fraud. Counter it! 

Bring some facts instead of emotion. 

I like Decker as a Jet and I really wish he was attending OTA's. I appreciate him backing his teammate. I KNOW he wouldn't do this for Geno. With that said, he needs to let nature take it's course. I've already said that the Jets need to give Fitz a deadline right now. For the sake of closure, if Fitz is going to bite off his nose just to spite his face, the Jets need to resolve this situation.

But I will say this also.... If Mac does get burned and Fitz ends up somewhere else? His job will immediately be in danger. The very second Geno starts being an idiot with the football and turning it over, the entire fan base is going to turn on Mac and Bowles. God help them if they don't get anything done with Fitz and they still do not start Bryce Petty.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Look Fitz is a fraud. 

Come to me when he changes that 84% failure rate and he gets to the playoffs. You can talk Geno, you can talk Glennon, but at the end of the day both QB's are on rookie contracts. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is an 11 year veteran and he's shown to be nothing more than a fraud. You talk about "Facts". Stop with the bullsh*t and present some. 

I'm over here TELLING YOU  that your avatar man is a fraud because......then I produce my FACTS!

You wanna talk Sanchez, Tebow, Glennon etc. You running for you life over here. Stick to the script. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a straight fraud. Counter it! 

There ya' go....I knew you wouldn't have anything to say after that.

1 hour ago, TnT said:

Jason Cole–Verified account ‏@JasonColeBR

Source said WR Brandon Marshall's absence from #Jets OTAs does not have to do with Ryan Fitzpatrick. "No story."

7:39 PM - 25 May 2016

And then theres this.

so like I said. when they are asked (and they will be), based off their reaction...then i'll decide whether to say "f#ck that dude" or not.

Brandon Marshall is a better teammate and more mature person than Eric Decker. That is not something I would have guessed a couple of years back.  

13 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yes, I like Fitz because of my emotions...has nothing to do with watching an offense function like an NFL unit and finishing 11th in the NFL in scoring after years of seeing them finish in the bottom 5 with a QB who was voted worst in the NFL two years in a row by players/coaches/execs.  Nothing to do with any of those things.

And it produced what? 16 and 3 quarter weeks of good football. Yet it took just 1 quarter for that fraud to completely blow it. 

The easiest schedule with the best team he's had and he couldnt get it DONE. I dont wanna hear about how awesome you thought the season was. The sh*t was a failure by the end of the ride. 

PLAYOFFS bro. PLAYOFFS. That's the next step. 11 times he had an opportunity to get to the PLAYOFFS. 11 times this dude failed to get to the PLAYOFFS. 

No one cares about how you feel about a functioning offense. That was the work of competent coaching. Not Fitzpatrick. 

Fitzpatrick is a fraud. And he will be that until he shows otherwise. 

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

I guess, but what does this do to Geno?  Like this is pretty F-ed up.  The guy doesn't deserve this.

And to make matters worse, I seriously doubt Decker would do this unless there's a strong possibility Fitz is not gonna be signed.  Senseless otherwise.

What happens when/if Geno is the starter?  Decker just says, "my bad"?

This is awesome for team unity.

Who knows? Maybe Decker logged on to JN and saw the homepage blurb "Jets offer Fitz $11M" - some unconfirmed rubbish by a kid that listens to sports radio - and was pissed that Fitz will make more than him this year and not show up until July. So he said, "F'k it. I'll stay on vacation too."

At the same time, this can be more douchebaggery by Fitz who's telling his goon puppets not to show up.

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Even if I was a Fitz supporter, I'd be pissed off at this. Decker should be offering a paycut publicly if he was so in love with Fitz. But no, he just wants his buddy to get paid. 

4 hours ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Well, Fitz helped the top two receivers produce 26 TD's...that definitely doesn't suck. And where is buddy Brandon? This is not reflecting well on Jets management.

No, just no. Marshall and Decker along with a lot of midget CBs and a string of the worst defenses in the NFL led to 31 TDs for the definition of a journeyman JAG QB who has proven he is crap over the last decade. People who honestly think his skill at the position led to 31 TD passes is super delusional.

Man, I want every single person here defending Decker's actions to make yourself known in this thread because you sure as sh*t better have the same feelings if Sheldon/Pryor/Williams pull this same garbage when their contract negotiations come up.  ESPECIALLY if another Jet player comes out and pulls an Eric Decker for their butt-buddy.  I don't want to see a single one of you take a different stance after the lengths you have gone to defend a journeyman backup QB who had one good year out of 11 just so you don't have to crawl into your safe space to avoid hearing the name "Geno Smith" on Sunday because you have this preconceived notion that he can't improve in his 4th year, you know, nevermind the fact that the bearded a*shole just had his best season ever and it only took him 11 years.

Honestly, I've had it up to the heavens with Fitz and his hardball games, but at least he has the whole "I'm not under contract" reason not to show up.  Mangold had a child and knowing Marshall and following what he does extensively and seeing the competitor he is, they both get a pass too.  Decker has zero f*cking excuses.  He's the only d*ck face that has reportedly not shown up for no other reason than he is unhappy with something that has absolutely nothing to do with him.  This is a classic case of the kid with the ball just packing it up and going home when things don't go his way.  He comes off like a f*cking child.  You want your boy to get paid?  Then take a paycut or restructure so they can sweeten the deal and get something done.  Otherwise, shut the f*ck up, stop singing with your hot wife, stop filming your stupid tv show, stop promoting stupid sh*t on Instagram, come to workouts with your team, and do your job because the offseason is over and now it's time to put in the work.  If that isn't the mentality Decker has then he can go f*ck himself because losers that pull the sh*t he's pulling don't belong on an NFL team and they usually never win anything of significance. 

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Lol, no. All it really says is that Decker is just a crybaby douche who probably already knows that Fitz is not coming back and is pouting like a little bitch that just lost his pacifier. And he is giving a giant finger to the Jets organization so he can shove that one up his puckered ass too. Fitz sucks. But veterans want to play with all veterans because they want to "win now"  could piss on the future for all they care. Plus Fitz is his"buddy". It says jack diddle about whether he is good as a QB or not. Once again Decker can go fuuck himself.

Its always the usual suspects who simply hate Fitz, give assanine reasons then bitch themselves into stupid posts like this. How about STFU and listen to what most if not ALL the players on this team are saying rather than thinking you know WTF is going on.

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Or he can watch in person, live on the field as Fitz stares him down during week 17 leading to 1 of 3 picks in the 4th quarter with the playoffs on the line. 

Decker has played with both QBs. He remembers Geno missing meetings, turning the ball over ad nauseum, running backwards for huge losses, and auditioning for the Harlem Globetrotters while being sacked.

His little protest tells us all we need to know of his thoughts on having to play with Geno Smith again. 

4 hours ago, cant wait said:

You can just make it straight to JN, just post the receipt. In all likelihood I'll be too upset about the losing season to do much rejoicing so I'm trying to live it up as much as possible before reality sets in

Will be upset about a losing season. 

Wants Geno as his QB. 

Logical. 

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

Even if I was a Fitz supporter, I'd be pissed off at this. Decker should be offering a paycut publicly if he was so in love with Fitz. But no, he just wants his buddy to get paid. 

How do you know he hasn't said he'd restructure? There's no reason to be upset about anything about this. It's just a game and you have zero control. 

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Maybe he's afraid to catch Geno's bullets and prefers Fitz's lobs 

Maybe veterans like Marchall and Decker feel that Fitz is better and want the best chance to win.  If arm strength was the most important quality to a QB than Browning Nagle would be in the HOF.

I guess I should have dropped this here:

Decker and Fitzpatrick are best buds. He's supporting his friend as much, or probably more, than he's supporting his QB. This is a non-issue. 

Here's an article from USA Today: http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2016/05/17/eric-decker-believes-jets-offense-can-have-same-success-with-geno-smith/

How many threads do we need on this nothing?

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm sure he will, right after Glennon gets one of the "largest contracts in NFL history".

Lol.

As for Decker, OTA's are voluntary.  He has every right to express his view till they become mandatory.  Says alot, tho, IMO, that the guy (who everyone here almost to a man says "I liked/respected till now..." clearly does not want Geno Smith as his #1 QB this year.  I know everyone here is smarter than the Coaches/players/GM, just as Sperm who think he's a Cap Genius, but it should tell Geno fans something that a guy who played an entire season with him doesn't want to play with him again, and wants the "loser" you hate so much.  

Yup. Regardless of whether you like o don't like Decker for making statements about contract negotiations (which he should stay out of) this Is just further evidence that Geno has no support where every QB should almost automatically expect it -- from his WR's. This is a total slapdown to Geno.  One has to wonder how his popularity rating could be so incredibly low with management and his receivers...

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Look Fitz is a fraud. 

Decker is a fraud.  If he wants Fitz back so bad he needs to get his butt into the locker room man up and punch Geno in the grill.  This isn't rocket science.  

Archived