Geno gets mixed response from fans re: instagram post

AFJF

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-geno-smith-deletes-ill-timed-instagram-photo-article-1.2810033?utm_content=buffera13ca&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=swalder+twitter

Jets backup QB Geno Smith deletes ill-timed Instagram ‘caption this’ photo 

Did Geno Smith just throw a little shade at Ryan Fitzpatrick after his six interception game?

Did Geno Smith just throw a little shade at Ryan Fitzpatrick after his six interception game?

(PETER AIKEN/GETTY IMAGES)

Either Geno Smith is a glutton for punishment or he just enjoys hearing Six-Pick-Fitz jokes.

The Jets’ backup quarterback posted an Instagram of himself making a dour face on Wednesday morning and asked his followers to “caption this” followed by a “lips sealed” emoji.

His followers did not disappoint.

“When u realize fitz throws 6 interceptions and ur still the backup,” @patric.gill13 wrote, referring to the six interceptions that Ryan Fitzpatrick threw in the Jets’ 24-3 loss to the Chiefs on Sunday.

Geno Smith posted and later deleted this picture from his Instagram account.

Geno Smith posted and later deleted this picture from his Instagram account.

(VIA INSTAGRAM)

That topic was obviously front of mind for Jets fans after the embarrassing loss just a few days ago. After the game, Todd Bowles said there was “no question” that Fitzpatrick was still the starter.

“Fitz throws 6 picks and they said I suck,” @kool_kid_524 added.

But when it comes to Smith, there’s plenty more for fans to mock.

screengrab.jpg

(VIA INSTAGRAM)

“Damn ... if I had just paid IK that damn money,” @ovojayc commented, referring to the money Smith owed former Jet IK Enemkpali before the linebacker punched him in the face. That punch resulted in Smith being Wally Pipped by Fitzpatrick.

“When Brandon Marshall was your best friend for 2 months but now he’s in love with a lumberjack and doesn’t answer your texts,” @roccothecomic added. Marshall and Smith actually were roommates for a little while when the receiver first joined the Jets. At the time, the two were very close, but Marshall fell head over heels for Fitzpatrick when the veteran became the starter and led Gang Green to 10 wins last year.

Smith later deleted the Instagram post.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

and some here still wonder why the fanbase doesn't want him to play for this team ever again.  what a great team player.  i'm sure mccags and bowles love this guy.

Im sure Geno has no reason to be sad. The entire Jets fanbase is sad. But how dare he take it to Instagram?

17 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

Give the guy a break he was just trying to have some fun and it backfired.  I don't want to come off as Geno supporter but the bashing is getting a little out of hand.

+1 H O W E V E R Geno needs to learn when to shut up

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

should we be happy the backup qb is gloating that the starter sucked and they lost the game?  what backup qb gloats when they lose?

reading comprehension skills brah. Get some.

He posted a photo of him with a half frown. Nothing to do with Fitz - it was his instagram followers who took it there. And then he deleted the post.

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

reading comprehension skills brah. Get some.

He posted a photo of him with a half frown. Nothing to do with Fitz - it was his instagram followers who took it there. And then he deleted the post.

my bad, i read the article and thought he said some of the things that were in the subsequent tweets.  bad reading skills, brah.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

my bad, i read the article and thought he said some of the things that were in the subsequent tweets.  bad reading skills, brah.

to be fair, why did he post that photo and want people to caption it... I mean, anyone with half a brain would assume people would have fun with the Fitz bad game.. but then again, maybe that's giving Geno too much credit.

4 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

to be fair, why did he post that photo and want people to caption it... I mean, anyone with half a brain would assume people would have fun with the Fitz bad game.. but then again, maybe that's giving Geno too much credit.

at a minimum, the timing of the photo is curious.  like it or not he is still one play away from stepping in vs. the seahawks and needs to be ready.

37 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

immature and just a stupid thing to post.  if my company had a terrible quarter and I played the i told you so card, id be looking for a new company.

Seriously? He put a sad face after his team just got embarrassed. Not exactly an "I told you so card". 

7 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Seriously? He put a sad face after his team just got embarrassed. Not exactly an "I told you so card". 

add to that the "lips sealed" emoji and I think i got the gist of what he was (not) saying, then again, maybe he just got dumped by his gf.  who knows

4 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

add to that the "lips sealed" emoji and I think i got the gist of what he was (not) saying, then again, maybe he just got dumped by his gf.  who knows

Oh yeah the lips sealed emoji. Probably means "Dammit, Fitz sucks". If so, then...

tumblr_m51omadzdw1qdsg5oo1_500.gif

5 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Oh yeah the lips sealed emoji. Probably means "Dammit, Fitz sucks". If so, then...

tumblr_m51omadzdw1qdsg5oo1_500.gif

The heartbreak of these guys lol. Brandon Marshall and Nick Mangold takes a photo with Fitz right after he resigns and guys were having a field day about how Geno stinks and "look how his teammates react putting photos on instagram". Geno puts an emoji and these guys are losing their sh*t. lol.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

and some here still wonder why the fanbase doesn't want him to play for this team ever again.  what a great team player.  i'm sure mccags and bowles love this guy.

But yet they love a guy who held them hostage for more money this offseason - what a great team player..

59 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Social media will be one of the top three causes of the fall of man, along with global warning and participation trophies.

It's the stupidest sh*t ever invented.  Never had 1 social media account, never will. 

This place is the closest thing to it. 

Archived