Fitz saved the day, and maybe the season!

Cap'nObvious

Geno was his usual enigma self, and we were headed for our 6th loss in our first 7 games. Fitz came in trailing 13-7 and turned it around and saved the game. I am not a fan of Fitz, and cant wait until him and Geno are no longer our best 2 options at QB, but Fitz is clearly the better of the two. Geno is just well, Geno. Good job for today Fitz, you deserve next week.

Just now, Mecca said:

Our fan base can't evaluate a QB for sh*t, lol. Fitz looked like Fitz. Geno showed poise and was much improved compared to that of 2014. The variables around him have changed.

Poise? He had a .500 completion percentage and about 25 yard if not for a fantastic play from Enunwa, and then he got himself hurt on a stupid ass play, yup, he was Geno.

1 minute ago, Cap'nObvious said:

Poise? He had a .500 completion percentage and about 25 yard if not for a fantastic play from Enunwa, and then he got himself hurt on a stupid ass play, yup, he was Geno.

How about Geno's pass to Marshall that he dropped at the 50 that would have been a huge gain? I think Geno would have netted points also with drives starting at the Ravens 3 and 20.

I do not understand how someone could have a knee injury, but stand up on the sideline after coming out of the game for 3 quarters. You would think they would need support on the knee if it were so bad, not to stand on it all day.

Just sayin

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

How about the pass that Marshall dropped at the 50 that would have been a huge gain? I think Geno would have netted points also with drives starting at the Ravens 3 and 20.

Marshall and others dropped plenty of passes by Fitz, too. Geno gets an incomplete. Fitz was ok. He didn't lose the game. That's important. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Marshall and others dropped plenty of passes by Fitz, too. Geno gets an incomplete. Fitz was ok. He didn't lose the game. That's important. 

I'm not anti-Fitz, I give him credit for playing well today. I'm just trying to be fair. 

3 minutes ago, Cap'nObvious said:

Jets were losing when Geno Geno'd his way out of the game with a pointless injury, throw the damn ball away, inexcusable in that spot.

I think he should have tucked it and run but he definitely should not have done whatever that was that he did. At least he held on to the ball there.  

30 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Lock dump ban

THIS  

What the hell was the topic creature  watching ?  They put a stranglehold on Fitz so he wouldn't blow the game when the Jets had the lead.

It was the INT's and defense that one this game.

PLUS Flacco's obvious poor physical shape.

1 minute ago, BRONX DUDE said:

THIS  

What the hell was the topic creature  watching ?  They put a stranglehold on Fitz so he wouldn't blow the game when the Jets had the lead.

It was the INT's and defense that one this game.

PLUS Flacco's obvious poor physical shape.

Wow, the hate is really strong, Fitz came in with a 6 point deficit, Jets won by 8, he did a good job, it was one game, give the guy his due.

Geno and Fitz were exactly what we thought they were, "and we we let em' off the hook", RIP D. Green 

Geno held on to the ball too long on a few plays, almost lost a fumble holding the ball in one hand as he was sacked and got hurt on another, this is not new behavior, has and will cost this team games...

Fitz is pathetic in the red zone, "crumbles with the game on the line" it was a fun last year and he had his chance this year, he is not improving with age 

Petty leading the Jets to victory in Cleveland woulld "save" the season and give it purpose, even a Petty loss provides some clarity on QB depth and draft priority

Geno is "OK" with a 134 QB rating "that anyone could have gotten"  but strange how Fits didn't get that rating in the same game against the same team!!

Fitz was ok; but Geno was better having a superior arm and greater accuracy.  His only foul is I think he has to make up with BM if wants to thrive because the man is a beast!!!!

He got hurt on a fluke play.

But if folks can't see that Chan has to cover for Fitz through his play calling I don't  know what to tell you. 

Geno I don't believe based on what he did today WOULD NOT have played as poorly as Fitz has this season.  To even suggest Fitz should be starting absent injury is INSANE, he has been awful and whether people want to believe it or not his stinkin play has hurt the overall team including the defense.

This is in direct contrast to where Fitz' play last year actually uplifted the whole team!! Yes the whole team fed off his gutsy play and he deserved praise.

Well this isn't last year and it is time to move on and give another QB besides Fitz a chance to lead this team.

45 minutes ago, Cap'nObvious said:

Geno was his usual enigma self, and we were headed for our 6th loss in our first 7 games. Fitz came in trailing 13-7 and turned it around and saved the game. I am not a fan of Fitz, and cant wait until him and Geno are no longer our best 2 options at QB, but Fitz is clearly the better of the two. Geno is just well, Geno. Good job for today Fitz, you deserve next week.

Lol, the D saved the game. Posted a shutout in the second half. But please tell me how Fitz played so awesome against the 2nd string D without any corners. 

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Geno is "OK" with a 134 QB rating "that anyone could have gotten"  but strange how Fits didn't get that rating in the same game against the same team!!

Fitz was ok; but Geno was better having a superior arm and greater accuracy.  His only foul is I think he has to make up with BM if wants to thrive because the man is a beast!!!!

He got hurt on a fluke play.

But if folks can't see that Chan has to cover for Fitz through his play calling I don't  know what to tell you. 

Geno I don't believe based on what he did today WOULD NOT have played as poorly as Fitz has this season.  To even suggest Fitz should be starting absent injury is INSANE, he has been awful and whether people want to believe it or not his stinkin play has hurt the overall team including the defense.

This is in direct contrast to where Fitz' play last year actually uplifted the whole team!! Yes the whole team fed off his gutsy play and he deserved praise.

Well this isn't last year and it is time to move on and give another QB besides Fitz a chance to lead this team.

Wow, All of Geno's yards came from a short pass that Enuwa did the rest, yet he did better. Gotta love Jets fans, root against the Jets....

Archived