Lets be very clear, Macc needs to go too

nico002

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Robbie Anderson drops way too many balls and cant take a hit. 

Agree cut the fat and get us some cap money to rebuild. 

The same could have been said about Enunwa his first year in the league though...now he's a rising star that would be lighting it up weekly with competent QB play.  These things take time.  He needs to bulk up and be patient and wait for the ball to get to him before turning up field.  2 very easy things to work on so that's a plus.  The big picture is that the raw talent and ability to get open is there.  He was an UDFA.  In a better year, most would be ECSTATIC about him and his future.

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

People keep saying we have no talent at WR?

Seriously?

Marshall + Decker + Enunwa + J. Marshall/Anderson/Peake + Devin Smith if he's ever healthy, is perfectly fine talent wise.

We're weak at TE, because our O-Co does not in any way utilize the TE in the passing game.

But that WR group is the best/most potential we've seen in years here.

The kids are suffering kid problems, mostly route running and dropsies, but the talent is there if we get a QB who can utilize it.

Decker is hurt (and thats hurt us badly).  WR is not a talent problem.

This!!!! Well said.  Our WR group is the most encouraging personnel groupings on the team.   It should be our D-line but the way they underperformed this year I cannot say that

I believe that we need to rebuild the O-Line. from left to right it needs help.  Mangold is at the end of his career, Giacommini (sorry about misspelling the name) has got to go, Clady's injury problems came back to hurt us, I think the only one  I like is Carpenter.  I would spend a couple of draft picks or some FA dollars to address this, or it will not matter who the next QB is....   

2 hours ago, LWC611 said:

This!!!! Well said.  Our WR group is the most encouraging personnel groupings on the team.   It should be our D-line but the way they underperformed this year I cannot say that

I believe that we need to rebuild the O-Line. from left to right it needs help.  Mangold is at the end of his career, Giacommini (sorry about misspelling the name) has got to go, Clady's injury problems came back to hurt us, I think the only one  I like is Carpenter.  I would spend a couple of draft picks or some FA dollars to address this, or it will not matter who the next QB is....   

Well said... OL, more OL, and then MORE OL.... 

4 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

How do you know a guy cant draft after not even 2 full seasons? How do you know he can't build a team?

But I get it, the Jets are having a bad year. So everyone needs to be fired....smh.

because he signed terrible contracts already and his drafts suck that is why-if you are going to pin your hopes and dreams out of a garbage qb from PSU that will NEVER EVER be a quality player so be it

he also has no prior history of doing it

I am fine with being patient and rebuilding if you are doing it with a PROVEN guy-tired of wasting 2-3 years on guys when it is clear very early they suck something awful

14 minutes ago, kmnj said:

because he signed terrible contracts already and his drafts suck that is why-if you are going to pin your hopes and dreams out of a garbage qb from PSU that will NEVER EVER be a quality player so be it

he also has no prior history of doing it

I am fine with being patient and rebuilding if you are doing it with a PROVEN guy-tired of wasting 2-3 years on guys when it is clear very early they suck something awful

I don't understand how its so clear that he sucks. He drafted Leonard Williams with his first pick last year and he's a top player at his position. Devin Smith has been hurt, Mauldin contributes, Petty was a project 4th round QB, Deon Simon contributes. Some of the other guys you have to give a little time. Especially late round picks.

This year he took Lee who has struggled, Hack is another project QB but teams that don't have a QB and no obvious answer sitting out there have to try and be creative in a way to find a guy. He found Robbie Anderson off the scrap heap who is fairly productive. Definitely a good signing.

Whose he given out bad contracts to in FA? Revis? Lots of GM's would have made that move. We're talking about an all time great player. Skrine is a bad contract, Cro signed a 1 year deal. Marshall has been a very good trade for the Jets, so was the Fitz move last year as well. He had a great year and the Jets won 10 games primarily due to Fitz, Marshall, and Decker on offense.

It's easy to bash the Petty and Hack picks but what do you want the Jets to do? We don't know anything about Hack yet and Petty was a 4th round draft pick. It's not like there were clear QB's out there for the Jets to take and they passed on one or two in favor of these guys. Winston and Mariota were off the board last year, Goff and Wentz were off the board this year. Guys like Prescott get passed on by a lot of teams, not just the Jets. The Jets are trying to be creative in hopes of landing a guy at the position. But they have to be, because there is no clear cut option out there for them to choose. So they're hoping someone like a Petty or Hack, who have great physical tools can learn and figure things out and turn into a legit NFL starter.

The Dolphisn for example blew opportunities to draft Matt Ryan, and sign Drew Brees when they had no QB. Maac hasn't done that. He's tried to be creative at the position and so far it hasn't worked. But what should he do? He can't just snap his fingers and make a great QB appear out of nowhere. There's been no great QB's hit the FA market who he's passed on either.

11 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Dolphisn for example blew opportunities to draft Matt Ryan, and sign Drew Brees when they had no QB. Maac hasn't done that. He's tried to be creative at the position and so far it hasn't worked. But what should he do? He can't just snap his fingers and make a great QB appear out of nowhere. There's been no great QB's hit the FA market who he's passed on either.

I know it is a different FO, but we had Pennington coming off his 92nd shoulder surgery when Drew Brees was available and they elected to trade for Patrick Ramsey and draft Kellen Clemens..  

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

I know it is a different FO, but we had Pennington coming off his 92nd shoulder surgery when Drew Brees was available and they elected to trade for Patrick Ramsey and draft Kellen Clemens..  

Brees would have been an awesome move for the Jets, for a lot of teams. Mangini would probably still be our coach and Tannebaum the GM if we landed Brees in 06.

But like you said, different FO. It's still frustrating for the fans though who are here thru every regime.

I don't understand how its so clear that he sucks. He drafted Leonard Williams with his first pick last year and he's a top player at his position. Devin Smith has been hurt, Mauldin contributes, Petty was a project 4th round QB, Deon Simon contributes. Some of the other guys you have to give a little time. Especially late round picks.
This year he took Lee who has struggled, Hack is another project QB but teams that don't have a QB and no obvious answer sitting out there have to try and be creative in a way to find a guy. He found Robbie Anderson off the scrap heap who is fairly productive. Definitely a good signing.
Whose he given out bad contracts to in FA? Revis? Lots of GM's would have made that move. We're talking about an all time great player. Skrine is a bad contract, Cro signed a 1 year deal. Marshall has been a very good trade for the Jets, so was the Fitz move last year as well. He had a great year and the Jets won 10 games primarily due to Fitz, Marshall, and Decker on offense.
It's easy to bash the Petty and Hack picks but what do you want the Jets to do? We don't know anything about Hack yet and Petty was a 4th round draft pick. It's not like there were clear QB's out there for the Jets to take and they passed on one or two in favor of these guys. Winston and Mariota were off the board last year, Goff and Wentz were off the board this year. Guys like Prescott get passed on by a lot of teams, not just the Jets. The Jets are trying to be creative in hopes of landing a guy at the position. But they have to be, because there is no clear cut option out there for them to choose. So they're hoping someone like a Petty or Hack, who have great physical tools can learn and figure things out and turn into a legit NFL starter.

It is hopeless to try and present rational sane arguments, Knight to the torch waving FIRE EVERYBODY EVERY SEASON gang of Benigno style Jet "fans" They much prefer their wallowing in long suffering self misery and pain

13 hours ago, JETdawg1389 said:

I envy your undying optimism...

Someone once told me " you have to see a thing before you see the thing or you never will see the thing" .  If I go around saying the Jets will never win the Super Bowl in my lifetime, then why get upset when what you say over and over materializes .

On 12/6/2016 at 1:23 PM, Skeptable said:

Who cares about making this place desirable... its not like we are a year away from the superbowl... Let's build a base, a foundation before we try to get new FAs... lets get a coach that will take a hardline and a GM that will fire anyone that mails it in. .. Simple... that all needs to happen before we can even think of making this place desirable.. In fact, I think we should fire all veterans that don't cost cap... bring in cheap, cheap players, save money and lose every game next year... so that we have a ton of money and can draft a Darnold or Rosen.

How the hell would you get a GM and a Coach of any quality to take this job?  We already fired a GM after 2 years on the job.  Now, you are asking to fire the Executive of the Year last year after 2 years.  They might as well put an add in the paper to see who would apply, because NOBODY would come here.  And you can't build a team if you do not have a coach and a GM.

22 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

in two years of drafts -we have one guy in  williams that is it and he appears to be good not great and my little newphew could have made that pick in the first round-

the only move our gm has made that I  liked was signing bmarsh that is it the end.

the revis deal was bad

the mo deal bad as he know what most did not-Mo has not been working hard or showing up to meetings

fitz deal-terrrible pay a guy more money when nobody wanted him-should have traded for glennon

he sucks but if you want to talk up or bad gm and coach have at it-

the only solution is you pay a top gm and a top coach a boatload of money and a solid contract with 4 year committment -fans can and will be patient during a re build if we have guys with PROVEN records of building and coaching winners

13 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

How the hell would you get a GM and a Coach of any quality to take this job?  We already fired a GM after 2 years on the job.  Now, you are asking to fire the Executive of the Year last year after 2 years.  They might as well put an add in the paper to see who would apply, because NOBODY would come here.  And you can't build a team if you do not have a coach and a GM.

the same crab was being said and then the jets brought in parcells a hall of famer-how did they get him big money and control

9 minutes ago, kmnj said:

in two years of drafts -we have one guy in  williams that is it and he appears to be good not great and my little newphew could have made that pick in the first round-

the only move our gm has made that I  liked was signing bmarsh that is it the end.

the revis deal was bad

the mo deal bad as he know what most did not-Mo has not been working hard or showing up to meetings

fitz deal-terrrible pay a guy more money when nobody wanted him-should have traded for glennon

he sucks but if you want to talk up or bad gm and coach have at it-

the only solution is you pay a top gm and a top coach a boatload of money and a solid contract with 4 year committment -fans can and will be patient during a re build if we have guys with PROVEN records of building and coaching winners

How can you bash the Fitz deal when he threw 31 TD's last year and led us to a 10-6 record coming off a 4-12 season? That was a great trade by Maac. He resigned him this year to a 1 year deal. Not the end of the world. Some people didn't want him back but the majority of people did. You can't look at that and say it was a dumb decision just because he's having a bad year. Same thing with Revis.

To me the worst signing he made is Buster Skrine.

You have to give the drafts time. Enunwa was drafted in 2014 and it took him a little while to get things going. Not every player drafted is going to contribute in a huge way right away. Especially late round picks.

Devin Smith has been hurt. That's not anybodys fault. You cant predict injuries. It's unfair to blame Maac for a pick most people loved when he made it when the guy has barely seen the field.

Leonard Williams is much better than your giving him credit for. Lee and Jenkins this year have potential to be good LB's for us, Mauldim is a contributor, so is Deon Simon, he got Robbie Anderson as a UFA which was a very good move.

You're just looking at the record and saying he sucks fire him. It's such a reactionary move to try and make yourself feel better about the team. You have to give people time. But Jets fans always expect instant results. Always.

19 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I am not a fan of what Mac has done so far. But I think that he deserves more than 2 years to grade out his ability. For one, let him pick a head coach. Forte, Fitz and Marshall were good trades. He has found some late round talent in WRs and he has done a decent job of not dealing any long term contracts other than Mo and Revis... He hasn't been great but I think the Jury is still out.

Please don't misunderstand me... I never said fire Mikey Mac... I said fire Bowles... Please read through this before making a snap reaction. Above shows you a quote of what I said about Mikey Mac. I was also commenting on who wants to come here if you fire Bowles... and I was making a reaction to that, there are a lot of people out there that want to be HCs again and will jump at any opportunity to do so... and here you have one of the biggest stages in all of the NFL to do so... Plenty of people will come knocking...

The point is to move on from this and how to do a proper rebuild... Fire the coach... all the veterans you can, bring in young talent, lose as many games as possible next year and draft Rosen or Darnold. That simple.... Then we will have a franchise QB we have never had.

On December 6, 2016 at 4:59 PM, joewilly12 said:

I'm worried Jalin Marshall,Devin Smith,Charone Peake,Robbie Anderson,Darron Lee,Jordan Jenkins. 

Lee has been hustling but is he a game changer. 

Peake, Anderson, Lee and Jenkins have potential to be good

With Lee it was either him or Lynch - who looks worse than Petty

The Parcells grocery buying fiction is quite amazing really.

1997 traded away the chance for a HOF LT Pace by trading down twice to grab a meh LB. Best pick was Ferguson in 7

1998 Boose in first and worse in second.

Somebody brought up his GREAT 2000 draft and how it built the franchise...First he had FOUR first round picks and still managed to piss away 1 on Cement Hands Becht.

Great coach, possibly the worst GM except for Lou Holtz drafting the Buckey Bros

Even if you think Macc has done an awful job if you dump him after two years you ensure the only person likely to come here will be a worse GM or somebody who doesn't really give a **** because he's working two years and then retiring. 

Macc has not done a terrible job and considering he is in his second year in the job he has done pretty well for what he has had to work with. I also suspect--but do not know for sure--that Woody has been part of insisting we do a "competitive rebuild" and inserted himself into some of the decisions Macc has made. So I give him some slack for some of his lesser decisions although that slack may be undeserved. He can't be held accountable for the underperformance on the field. He didn't hire Bowles and doesn't dictate how the roster plays. This roster, under competent coaching, would not be a three win team. Not everything can be fixed in two years.

2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Peake, Anderson, Lee and Jenkins have potential to be good

With Lee it was either him or Lynch - who looks worse than Petty

At this point, the Jets need players. Period. They need guys who can go out there and play okay. 

Then you can find the game changers and QB to elevate the players

Archived