Week # 2 Positives/Negatives

Smashmouth

20 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Im not sure If Demario could make the HS squad

Our MLBers would be fine in Rex' defense. No thinking involved. Rex' defense the lineman read and the LBers attack.

Bowles came here and installed his defense where the line attacks relentlessly and MLBers read. This is why Wilk has regressed. His biggest asset is his instincts. He's hardly as gifted as Shelly or Wiliams. If Todd had half a brain he could have adapted.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

None of them can sniff Derwin James jock?

oh shut up idiot.

I haven't watched a college football game since Al Groh was our HC and even I know your statement that the 17 QB class is better than the 18 class is asinine.

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Our MLBers would be fine in Rex' defense. No thinking involved. Rex' defense the lineman read and the LBers attack.

Bowles came here and installed his defense where the line attacks relentlessly and MLBers read. This is why Wilk has regressed. His biggest asset is his instincts. He's hardly as gifted as Shelly or Wiliams. If Todd had half a brain he could have adapted.

Lee would not excel in any 3-4 defense he simply does not have the size to play in that scheme. The guy is a fit for a 4-3 

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

He's 40 years old now. Still smart but he's going to decline and soon. It happens to everyone.

think about it this way Brady excel's in the short passing game hes got talent and a greta scheme and that's what keeps him going. Hes also deadly in the red zone best short passing game QB ever and its not even close. Im not sure what you think might change its not like he needs to run or throw deep passes all over the field. Its all brains and his physical ability is more than enough to keep him going for the next 3 years. Would you bet against him ? You would have to be crazy too. All that being said the guy is still in amazing shape 

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

think about it this way Brady excel's in the short passing game hes got talent and a greta scheme and that's what keeps him going. Hes also deadly in the red zone best short passing game QB ever and its not even close. Im not sure what you think might change its not like he needs to run or throw deep passes all over the field. Its all brains and his physical ability is more than enough to keep him going for the next 3 years. Would you bet against him ? You would have to be crazy too. All that being said the guy is still in amazing shape 

Fair enough but how many more years is he going to keep this up?  I feel like 3 would be the absolute most and even that is pushing it.

Positives?  For me, mostly negatives...

McCown playing QB and throwing for 166 is idiocy...if Petty had played the game today as McCown did, I'd be happy...and he damn well could have.  But what exactly is the point to starting 38 y.o. McCown again?  If were gonna lose by 20+, let someone who MAY have a future here play the game.  We have pretty low standards for QB it seems. McCown is not a long term option.

Where are Ardarious Stewart and Chad Hansen?  I figured we were bringing in Kerley to fair catch punts (since no one else on this roster seems capable of this basic concept), and there he is being trotted out there as the slot receiver...what the F*CK is the point in this?  Kerley is toast, and not a long term option.

Forte received most of the snaps again this week...again what the F*CK is the point in this?  Forte is not a long term option.

I don't get this team...they have always has such a hesitance to play ANY young players...give Bowles a 'seasoned' pro and he'll throw there ass out there in a losing cause until the team has checked out of the year and then he'll throw the young guys out there to get their ass kicked.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is what the stats look like when your head coach publicly calls out the DL and the DL decides to quit on that coach. Good luck, Todd.

Todd is a really good HC. All the coaches in the league say so. Just because he shows no emotion. Doesn't seem to talk to anyone during the game, and really doesn't pay attention to the game, the situation, or the score does not mean he's not a great coach. 

He just needs some great players and 5 or 6 more years to iron out the wrinkles...He's basically a rookie. 

21 minutes ago, Pac said:

oh shut up idiot.

I haven't watched a college football game since Al Groh was our HC and even I know your statement that the 17 QB class is better than the 18 class is asinine.

Well you seem well informed to challenge my expert analysis.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Pac had zero clue who Derwin James is but he's the expert on college prospects in this thread.

he's the saftey whose jock you want to sniff.

Give me your top 5 best available pork chop..

Charles Darwin...  who else?  I want this in writing.

35 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Lee would not excel in any 3-4 defense he simply does not have the size to play in that scheme. The guy is a fit for a 4-3 

In Rex' D Lee would have been fine. DD would be taking out any blockers that happened to get by the line and Lee would just clean up by running to the ball which is what he does. 

Archived