Top "Same Old Jets" Moments

PantyHose&Furs

Since we are approaching potential "Same Old Jets" territory with winnable and extremely meaningful games on the horizon I figured a posting like this has some relevance:

Please share your top Same Old Jets memories...

Mine: At the Meadowlands, phenominal seats (40 yd line, 5th row), Jets-Miami, Jets tied for division lead that late in the season for the first time in about 30 years, out to a huge lead on the Fish, crowd is delirious, the whole section I'm in is jumping up and down, hugging each other (not kidding), sharing food, drinks (the guy next to me was passing out cups of freezing cold Chianti and passing out large chunks of fresh mozzarella that he was ripping off by the handful) and I'm telling you...it was a party. One of the most euphoric scenes I've experienced at a Jets game (been to lots and lots...).

Then some Fish fan starts doing the math and telling people to watch out 'cause Danny boy is gonna bring 'em back. We practically laughed that guy out of the stadium.

Lo and behold the rest is history. Fake spike. Losing streak. Carroll Fired. Hire Kotite. 1-15. 2-14. Brutal. Same Old Jets.

For the record: Hate Herm. KC's pain is my delight. Hoping like hell that Tangini can overcome curse of the Same Old Jets.

Detroit at Jets...2000

Pouring rain all day. Bryan Cox breaks his leg on a goal line stand. Final drive. Sun comes out. Vinny is tearing up the Detroit D. Gets Jets in FG range to win the game. John Hall misses the kick so far left it lands in the corner endzone seats.:bag:

Jets @ Detroit Lions: 1997

Jets win and their in the playoffs for 1st time since 91. Jets doing good job of keeping Barry Sanders in check and playing tough against Lions. Lions up get a BS interception that was out of bounds on a garbage throw by Neil O'Donnell and then proceed to let Barry Sanders burn them for the rest of the game.

I don't think I've ever seen my dad more pissed off in my life.

1981 playoff game against the Bills..I was there at Shea..16 years old..Jets fumble the opening kickoff.the Bills run it in for the TD..you could hear a pin drop after that..almost came back from a huge deficit..except Todd gets intercepted in the endzone..that..and the ****ing Dolphins not covering the field before the 82 AFC championship game.:Cuss: that was another of our Super bowls lost..along with 1998..:Cuss:

Big game against the Raiders in Oakland...the Jets come out and I witness what I still consider my most embarassing moment as a Jet fan. Raiders and Rick Mirer score on the opening drive on a 19 play, nothing but run the ball up the gut drive. If I'm not mistaken they also converted 2 4th downs on that drive. That was the absolute text book definition of "running it down their throats" and there wasn't a thing Ted Cottrell or the defense came up with to get a stop. Horrible.

The Browns playoff game in 1986. So much stupid and improbable stuff happened for them to lose-Gastineau's 4th down RTP call, Brian Brennan's circus catch. It shouldn't have happened. In an orderly world, the Jets go all the way.

What stands out about the fake spike-the crowd went from euphoric to dead silent in an instant.

Big game against the Raiders in Oakland...the Jets come out and I witness what I still consider my most embarassing moment as a Jet fan. Raiders and Rick Mirer score on the opening drive on a 19 play, nothing but run the ball up the gut drive. If I'm not mistaken they also converted 2 4th downs on that drive. That was the absolute text book definition of "running it down their throats" and there wasn't a thing Ted Cottrell or the defense came up with to get a stop. Horrible.

Big game??? :eek:

The Jets were 2-6 going into that game.

The Browns playoff game in 1986. So much stupid and improbable stuff happened for them to lose-Gastineau's 4th down RTP call, Brian Brennan's circus catch. It shouldn't have happened. In an orderly world, the Jets go all the way.

What stands out about the fake spike-the crowd went from euphoric to dead silent in an instant.

That was brutal.

Gastineau's RTP

Walton calling a QB draw with O'Brien with about a minute left and the Jets up three.

That game to me is right up there with the 82 Championship and the entire Coslet error.

Jets win and their in the playoffs for 1st time since 91. Jets doing good job of keeping Barry Sanders in check and playing tough against Lions. Lions up get a BS interception that was out of bounds on a garbage throw by Neil O'Donnell and then proceed to let Barry Sanders burn them for the rest of the game.

I thought it was Leon Johnson who threw that pick on a HB option.

...which makes it even worse.

I remember all of the ones mention before, I'll add one no one has brought up yet.

Jets-Bears, MNF, Soldier Field, 91 or 92, Coslet era.

Jets pushed the Bears around all night, but somehow were up by a touchdown with 2 minutes left, Bears out of timeouts. Take a knee and we're out of there for a win. But, no, Coslet the jerk was afraid of having a punt blocked, so he runs Blah Thomas off right tackle, where he promptly fumbles and the Bears recover (At this point I actually stuck the remote control into the wall next to the couch).

The Bears score with no time left on a Harbaugh to Neal Anderson pass to tie. Leahy misses two field goals in OT and the Bears win it with less than a minute left in OT.

Remember seeing the immortal Cap Boso of the Bears on the MNF promos with the half-acre of sod in his helmet? That was from this game. IMHO, the was the beginningof the end for Coslet... up until this game, we were on the uptrend, but they never seemed to recover from this.

1.) Cleveland 86 play-off game where Gastineau gets stupid penalty.( I really think we were a SB champ caliber team that year).

2.) Miami flooded field play-off game. (Todd throws 2 picks.) (Another very good Jet team).

3.) Pitt loss in 04. (FG-kicker- Play calling - Chad-Moss misconnect on critical 3rd down that would likely have allowed Jets to run out clock).

That pass was actually made by Leon Johnson on a HB Option play. It was BS though.

1.) Cleveland 86 play-off game where Gastineau gets stupid penalty.( I really think we were a SB champ caliber team that year).

2.) Miami flooded field play-off game. (Todd throws 2 picks.) (Another very good Jet team).

3.) Pitt loss in 04. (FG-kicker- Play calling - Chad-Moss misconnect on critical 3rd down that would likely have allowed Jets to run out clock).

Hey Shelter.

Was that Miami game so bad that you blocked out the other 3 picks that Todd threw to Duhe ? ;)

Archived