Clemens had his chance.

ECURB

Stop the BS about Clemens not having a fair chance.

He had four offseasons to prove himself worthy of the JETS banking on him.

He had real gametime in front of his OC who is still here coaching.

Why the hell should he have anymore than that? If he cannot win a job in the offseason why should the JETS let him try to prove himself in a real game? If you cannot do it on the practice field how the hell can you expect to do it in a real game?

No he didn't.

2006, it was Chad's job. A rookie wasn't going to beat out the Practice Champion

2007, it was Chad's job because he took the team to the playoffs in 2006.

2008 it was Clemens' job before the opportunity to get Favre came about and most teams, with the chance to get Favre and struggling to sell PSL's, well hey, they're going to do it. Woody Johson has long been known for wanting to be in the spotlight, thats what Favre and Sanchez bring, not necessairly football-savy moves.

You're dead wrong ECURB, and you could've kept this in the other thread.

But hey, believe what you like.

In two years, as you do to every player you once love, you will be bashing Sanchez and the move.

No he didn't.

2006, it was Chad's job. A rookie wasn't going to beat out the Practice Champion

2007, it was Chad's job because he took the team to the playoffs in 2006.

2008 it was Clemens' job before the opportunity to get Favre came about and most teams, with the chance to get Favre and struggling to sell PSL's, well hey, they're going to do it. Woody Johson has long been known for wanting to be in the spotlight, thats what Favre and Sanchez bring, not necessairly football-savy moves.

Practice Champion? How about just being the better QB? Please explain to me your logic of Clemens not being good enough in practice but somehow being able to come out on gameday and be a good QB...

In 2007 it was Chad's job because he was the better QB... Clemens got a great chance because of an injury to Chad... and could not lock it up... Chad was inserted back in the lineup even injured over Clemens.

2008 was not Clemens job, Chad would have won.

Practice Champion? How about just being the better QB? Please explain to me your logic of Clemens not being good enough in practice but somehow being able to come out on gameday and be a good QB...

In 2007 it was Chad's job because he was the better QB... Clemens got a great chance because of an injury to Chad... and could not lock it up... Chad was inserted back in the lineup even injured over Clemens.

2008 was not Clemens job, Chad would have won.

Chad was not inserted back into the lineup at any point in the 2007 season once he was benched for Clemens' play. Chad had one start, against the Titans, because Clemens was hurt and in true Chad fashion against a good defense, led us to a whopping 6 points.

And hey, who can forget when Clemens went down against the Pats that Brad Smith was the first QB in.

:rl:

2008 was Clemens' job, the players in the locker room know better than you or I.

Chad was not inserted back into the lineup at any point in the 2007 season once he was benched for Clemens' play. Chad had one start, against the Titans, because Clemens was hurt and in true Chad fashion against a good defense, led us to a whopping 6 points.

And hey, who can forget when Clemens went down against the Pats that Brad Smith was the first QB in.

:rl:

2008 was Clemens' job, the players in the locker room know better than you or I.

If you think that somehow Clemens possibly locking up the starting job in 08' at the end of the summer is someone an indicator that he is good... your wrong...

Woody wants money... you make money when you win... if the JETS thought Clemens would get them wins... they would not have traded for Favre... they do nto trust Kellen... they have shown that OVER AND OVER...

Your blind... very blind... like worse than I was with Chad... and hell at least I had some wins to show for my love...

The JETS turn their back on Clemens over and over for a reason... he is not the guy... he cannot bring this team wins... which in turn means woody makes no money.

124, I think it's time to change your sig. (and mine)

:Typotux:

Why? My guy is still on the team and he will be starting Week 1.

Get ready for a scenario like San Diego and Cleveland have had over the last 4 years.

Why? My guy is still on the team and he will be starting Week 1.

Get ready for a scenario like San Diego and Cleveland have had over the last 4 years.

Clemens will hurt his shoulder(Brees) and get dumped for the young QB(Rivers) who goes on to be better?

Clemens will have one good year(Anderson) then suck and most likely not be on the team the year after as the younger QB(Quinn) will step in?

You have such high hopes 124.

Clemens will hurt his shoulder(Brees) and get dumped for the young QB(Rivers) who goes on to be better?

Clemens will have one good year(Anderson) then suck and most likely not be on the team the year after as the younger QB(Quinn) will step in?

Drew Brees is a better QB than Philip Rivers as is Anderson better than Quinn (for now).

lol

so wait, i understand that you people here on the board knew more about football than mangini, but now even ryan is a sht chucking chimpanzee when it comes to making a team. And Tannenbaum? Fcking forget it, he doesnt know the difference between a tight end and his bleeding sphincter.

CLEMONS IZ TEH KORTABAK 4EVA

• 7 months later...

Clemens only had 1 good game in his NFL career and it was a great game actually...2007 I believe, week 2 against the Ravens. He led a comeback (although we didn't win) and he tore apart Rex's D in the 4th quarter. If it wasn't for McCareins's not one, but TWO drops in the enzone, we would've praised Kellen till no end.

Clemens only had 1 good game in his NFL career and it was a great game actually...2007 I believe, week 2 against the Ravens. He led a comeback (although we didn't win) and he tore apart Rex's D in the 4th quarter. If it wasn't for McCareins's not one, but TWO drops in the enzone, we would've praised Kellen till no end.

make that 1 good quarter, he had 3 sh$tty ones first.

I like Kellen, he's a likable guy when you watch him. He's humble and says all the right things, does his job, thinks team first-all that stuff. It's never about 'me me me' with him (unlike a certain prima donna DB).

I'm rooting hard for him this week. Last year and all of this past off season I was saying that had Clemens played a year ago instead of Favre that we would have made the playoffs-I believed it then and I still believe it today. Clemens gets his chance to prove my theory right tomorrow. Don't let us down #11.

The funny thing is outside of the TD/INT ratio everyone likes to point to, Clemens didn't perform all that badly in 2007. He surely severely outperformed Chadwick, going 3-4 with a team Chad could only go 1-9 (the lone win over the 1-15 Dolphins). And the idea that his only good game was the 4th quarter against Baltimore is false. After that game he actually showed a tendency to have his best play come out in late game / high pressure situations. He rallied the team against both Pittsburgh and Washington, two teams the Jets were thoroughly outmatched by, and only lost the Washington game because of game-winning drops and horrid run defense.

None of this is to say he's a great QB or I want him to be the Jets future starter, more that he wasn't nearly as bad with his opportunity as everyone tries to pretend he was. Again, just consider how ole Chadwick faired with the same talent (actually better due to injuries that came).

The funny thing is outside of the TD/INT ratio everyone likes to point to, Clemens didn't perform all that badly in 2007. He surely severely outperformed Chadwick, going 3-4 with a team Chad could only go 1-9 (the lone win over the 1-15 Dolphins). And the idea that his only good game was the 4th quarter against Baltimore is false. After that game he actually showed a tendency to have his best play come out in late game / high pressure situations. He rallied the team against both Pittsburgh and Washington, two teams the Jets were thoroughly outmatched by, and only lost the Washington game because of game-winning drops and horrid run defense.

None of this is to say he's a great QB or I want him to be the Jets future starter, more that he wasn't nearly as bad with his opportunity as everyone tries to pretend he was. Again, just consider how ole Chadwick faired with the same talent (actually better due to injuries that came).

here's a glass of green Kool Aid for ya BG....I put a mint leaf in it and a touch of lime over green ice-I'm right there with you bro

Stop the BS about Clemens not having a fair chance.

He had four offseasons to prove himself worthy of the JETS banking on him.

He had real gametime in front of his OC who is still here coaching.

Why the hell should he have anymore than that? If he cannot win a job in the offseason why should the JETS let him try to prove himself in a real game? If you cannot do it on the practice field how the hell can you expect to do it in a real game?

Be that as it may... he is getting another chance tomorrow.

Lots of conjecture in this thread... why don't we just root for him to help the team win and see what happens. There is no reason to villainize the guy just cause he's not very good. As long as he is suiting up for us, we ought to be hoping for the best he's got... not hoping he continues to suck to prove us right on the message boards - and that is directed at all of us.

I see what you are getting at here... I think what people need to understand is this:

Kellen Clemens is our backup QB... we can officially stop yearning for him to be more than that. He has THREE things he needs to prove:

1. He can come into a game and hold on to the W. (He did this last week.)

2. He can come into a game and lead us to a comeback W. (He hasn't been needed for this yet.)

3. He can WIN the occasional ONE game spot start. (He WILL do this tomorrow.)

That is all he is on the hook for now... we don't need him to be "the guy" anymore. Do you think Indy expects any different from Jim Sorgi?

I see what you are getting at here... I think what people need to understand is this:

Kellen Clemens is our backup QB... we can officially stop yearning for him to be more than that. He has THREE things he needs to prove:

1. He can come into a game and hold on to the W. (He did this last week.)

2. He can come into a game and lead us to a comeback W. (He hasn't been needed for this yet.)

3. He can WIN the occasional ONE game spot start. (He WILL do this tomorrow.)

That is all he is on the hook for now... we don't need him to be "the guy" anymore. Do you think Indy expects any different from Jim Sorgi?

Sorgi's done for the year I-28...I want to see us win this game-I want Clemens (who is a good guy) to succeed, I'd like to see him do well and I'd like to see us be able to get a future DP for him this April. It's really hard to dislike the guy when you see him and hear him talk. He's everything you want a teammate to be about; TEAM. So right now I'm the biggest Kellen Clemens fan in the world-okay maybe just behind Kentucky Jet who has ALWAYS supported him.

Sorgi's done for the year I-28...I want to see us win this game-I want Clemens (who is a good guy) to succeed, I'd like to see him do well and I'd like to see us be able to get a future DP for him this April. It's really hard to dislike the guy when you see him and hear him talk. He's everything you want a teammate to be about; TEAM. So right now I'm the biggest Kellen Clemens fan in the world-okay maybe just behind Kentucky Jet who has ALWAYS supported him.

I too would like to see KC succeed and not only because if he does we could recoup some draft picks. He had some moments in 2007 where he showed some moxie and looked like he could develop. Unfortunately, he has also had some moments where he looks complete unprepared and without confidence to lead an NFL team. We could argue that he did not get enough reps or we could look at his biggest knocks coming out of college...he panics in the pocket...and that is what we have seen. Trust your eyes. Its a longshot he performs well enough to recoup some draft picks which is why I would have rather seen Ainge in there. Hopefully, Rex sees something I don't and I'm sure he does.

I know Sorgi is done. However, the disparity between him and Peyton is still the most relevant way to make the point I was driving at.

No matter... tomorrow is KC's day!!!!

(Disclaimer: if he gets outplayed by Josh Freeman, then I reserve the right to completely contradict myself.)

I really don't get why the backup quarterback getting the start when the starter is injured is such a touchy subject for people.

Because Jet fans know that Kellen sucks and Erik Ainge is the second coming Brett Ratliff, who himself was the second coming of Brooks Bollinger, the greatest QB in team history.

Archived