Was Steve Young Drunk?

Dirty6

...did anybody else see Steve young bumble John Gruden's name, like Gruu...Gurr... Gurr, and then try to laugh it off? I thought Chucky was gonna bitchslap him on live TV. It was around the 29th pick. Regrardless, SY added nothing to that draft table, and kept talking over people with nothing to add.

I think Jon Gruden was drunk, too. He constantly kept mistaking Chester Taylor (Bears) for Fred Taylor. I believe he got corrected but didn't even notice. :D

at one point they came back from commercial and gruden was calling someone a dumbass but i didnt hear who

I think Jon Gruden was drunk, too. He constantly kept mistaking Chester Taylor (Bears) for Fred Taylor. I believe he got corrected but didn't even notice. :D

Gruden does that crap all the time. But when it comes to breaking down technical skills on film I don't think ESPN has ever had anyone that good on draft day.

Gruden does that crap all the time. But when it comes to breaking down technical skills on film I don't think ESPN has ever had anyone that good on draft day.

I watched his show where he basically breaks down film with the top QB's. I was impressed!

I could listen to Chucky read the Phonebook. And I'd want to run through a wall for him when he finished. I hope he stays out of coaching for a few more years, so we can hear more of him on MNF and the likes. He's awesome.

at one point they came back from commercial and gruden was calling someone a dumbass but i didnt hear who

ESPN F'd up a lot today.... I would have loved to see another Chris Berman youtube clip from during the commercial breaks tonight.

The lights and TV under the desk went out.... You could see Berman yelling "CUT" and waiving his hands to the camera that was already filming him... You heard Gruden call someone a dumbass. You heard them talking to each other while picks were being announced...

ESPN gets a D for their presentation this evening.

I guess they're just not ready for primetime yet. No worries, ESPN. You'll get there. ;)

I think the Thursday night threw them off... Happens to NFL teams all the time in the THURS NIGHT Games. Many times those games are sloppy due to lack of preparation time. Same thing for ESPN I guess.

I think the Thursday night threw them off... Happens to NFL teams all the time in the THURS NIGHT Games. Many times those games are sloppy due to lack of preparation time. Same thing for ESPN I guess.

Maybe, but ESPN had a whole year, or at least several months, to prepare for an event they hyped the s*** out of. NFL teams only have 4 days.

Kiper deserves to lose his job.

Agree. The only thing I don't like about Gruden is the fact that he likes all of the prospects. I didn't hear him say anything negative to any player. Whenever it was his turn, Gruden would always something extremely positive.

He sobered up when we took Wilson, he said he was happy he would not be a QB facing us.

He knows how nasty we will be, he said we could blitz 9 if we wanted to, and expects a steady 8.

He pittys the QB's we will face! :box:

...did anybody else see Steve young bumble John Gruden's name, like Gruu...Gurr... Gurr, and then try to laugh it off? I thought Chucky was gonna bitchslap him on live TV. It was around the 29th pick. Regrardless, SY added nothing to that draft table, and kept talking over people with nothing to add.

:rl:

They really were absolutely awful on ESPN.

Highlight story of the day when we see Tebow on the phone and this is what we hear:

Berman: Baltimore is on the clock...Denver hat on but BALTIMORE IS ON THE CLOCK!!

(Silence)

Berman: My mistake...

(Background noises asking "Who is on the clock?")

Young: If it's Baltimore...

---------------------------------------

Complete train wreck.

They really were absolutely awful on ESPN.

Highlight story of the day when we see Tebow on the phone and this is what we hear:

Berman: Baltimore is on the clock...Denver hat on but BALTIMORE IS ON THE CLOCK!!

(Silence)

Berman: My mistake...

(Background noises asking "Who is on the clock?")

Young: If it's Baltimore...

---------------------------------------

Complete train wreck.

ESPN does suck thats true. But their draft coverage was entertaining as hell because it was such a trainwreck.

I saw Steve Young do it again tonight, but heard it more clearly this time. He said "Guru-den", refering to Chucky as the master of the draft. But I originally thought he was just falling over his words. Either way, he's added nothing and is just completely out of his element.

Kiper looks like he wants to jump over the desk and lay out SY, CB, and TJ most of the time. When he's sitting there silently, you can imagine him thinking, " How did I get stuck with these ass monkeys"?

Archived