The Walking Dead

SenorGato

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I was going off their emotional countenance in the moment. Eugene was a bitch; ditto Glenn cause he was scared for Maggie; and Darryl looked emo. Abraham, Michonne, and Carl were the only ones--to me--who looked pissed. They aren't killing Carl yet. That's just how I'm reading it. Though, I do know who died in the comics.

Perhaps I'm reading into it too much and giving the writers too much credit, thought Kirkman did say there were hints in there.

Good point about Daryl, is anyone actually scared of him at this point ? He looks like the kid who had the hots for Vince Vaughn in Wedding Crashers for Christ sake 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Nodick is now defending the cliffhanger. I wish he was the one killed. Kirkman is now sh*tting in our eyes and calling it Visine. I'm curious, though, about how much control he has in the show.

IT DOESN'T ******* MATTER WHEN WE KNOW WHO DIED. IT'S STILL GONNA BE THE FOCUS OF NEXT SEASON!

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Chris Nodick is now defending the cliffhanger. I wish he was the one killed. Kirkman is now sh*tting in our eyes and calling it Visine. I'm curious, though, about how much control he has in the show.

IT DOESN'T ******* MATTER WHEN WE KNOW WHO DIED. IT'S STILL GONNA BE THE FOCUS OF NEXT SEASON!

Yea, they're already doing damage control... because it SUCKED.

11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, while they obviously don't see it that way, I think this makes it even easier to bail on the show for whoever wants.  Out of pure curiosity, you could do a quick check to see who died, but at that point, what would your reaction be for anyone other than "oh ok"?  Even for those fans who are still going to be super into the show, can anyone honestly say that come from months now, there's a single character they would be at all surprised by being killed off?  Maybe Rick, but that's about it.

If anything, it'll soften the shock and concern about who ever died, because it'll be a year since they built it up during the episode. Bad decision. It'll go from "Oh my God! Who was it!" to "Just ******* tell me already!"

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Euguene has spent the better part of this season trying to prove he's a man.

Glenn wouldn't just lie down. He's fought through everything else. 

Rick would fight. Daryl too. Michone too. Abraham would rise up. Sasha would be defiant. Even Aaron would probably get back up after the first hit... I personally think it's a null clue.

Here is who it isn't: it is not Maggie, because they're not clubbing a pregnant woman to death - it's not Carl, because Negan said if anyone moves cut his other eye out, which implies he's not being clubbed.

Your right it could be Eugene, him giving Rick the bullet recipe makes him expendable , the more I think about it it could be him , gun to my head I'm still going Abraham but Eugene a close second 

Going on record. I hope it is Rick. Like I said above, killing him releases the writers from the redundant cycle of writing they've been stuck in. This show has been Rick's journey in this new world, so if what they were saying on Talking Dead about "change" is true at the highest degree... then no more Rick is the ballsiest move towards achieving that.

I doubt they have the balls for that though. It's easier to feed the audience the redundancy and continue to rake it the dough.

Also, with Morgan going back to the ways of killing, I think he'll return to the group... save Carol... and bring them back from this as their new leader. I think his scenes tonight where the most important, you see the philosophy he has embraced for 2 seasons come to an end, when he has to kill for someone he cares about. Not ironic that it is Carol, the one who most opposed his non-killing ways last season and early in this season. 

The scenes with him riding along on the horse harken to the S1 scenes where Rick sort of "rode into town" on the horse. 

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Going on record. I hope it is Rick. Like I said above, killing him releases the writers from the redundant cycle of writing they've been stuck in. This show has been Rick's journey in this new world, so if what they were saying on Talking Dead about "change" is true at the highest degree... then no more Rick is the ballsiest move towards achieving that.

I doubt they have the balls for that though. It's easier to feed the audience the redundancy and continue to rake it the dough.

If they killed off Rick and then had it proceed from there that the rest of the folks did actually fall in with the survivors, and had Negan leading the group from there on out, that would certainly be a twist to really screw with some people's heads.  Never going to happen though.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Rick would fight. Daryl too. Michone too. Abraham would rise up. Sasha would be defiant. Even Aaron would probably get back up after the first hit... I personally think it's a null clue.

Here is who it isn't: it is not Maggie, because they're not clubbing a pregnant woman to death - it's not Carl, because Negan said if anyone moves cut his other eye out, which implies he's not being clubbed.

Eugene was a mess in that scene and he was probably feeling like he let everyone down and was full of shame. He would've fallen with the first hit.

I think you'd be right about Glenn if he were doing it specifically to save Maggie, but I don't think that was a factor. I think he was way too afraid for her and the baby, and too fragile in that moment to offer any meaningless resistance.

Rick--yes, but it isn't him, which is why I didn't factor him into it. I agree on Michonne, I think she's a strong candidate. Darryl, too--but again, going off of my perception of their emotional state, he seemed more dejected than defiant. They aren't going to build it up that much just kill off Sasha or Aaron--especially not Aaron. It could be a null tell, but it's all we have to go on. As mad as I am, I'm still prone to speculation.

Agree on Maggie on Carl. Killing Maggie would sow too much anger in the group for them to concede to working for Negan. Bad business. And I still think there's more story of Carl's to be told. So far, he hasn't had any problems adjusting to one eye, and that's something that I'm expecting.

13 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Your right it could be Eugene, him giving Rick the bullet recipe makes him expendable , the more I think about it it could be him , gun to my head I'm still going Abraham but Eugene a close second 

If they just spent all this time in building up this death, with the pre-show teaser saying something like "SOMEONE WILL PAY", just to kill of Eugene, than they've lost all writing credibility.

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The Walking Dead

Starring Lennie James!

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

If they just spent all this time in building up this death, with the pre-show teaser saying something like "SOMEONE WILL PAY", just to kill of Eugene, than they've lost all writing credibility.

Yea good point

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

If they killed off Rick and then had it proceed from there that the rest of the folks did actually fall in with the survivors, and had Negan leading the group from there on out, that would certainly be a twist to really screw with some people's heads.  Never going to happen though.

Something as drastic like that would be the only way to make this whole thing palatable.

I'm going on record , I hope it's Daryl ...what a useless character for years now ...so what some 20 something girls will be upset , he's 50 in real life do they even realize that ? Lol 

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Something as drastic like that would be the only way to make this whole thing palatable.

It would definitely pique some interest, if nothing else but out of pure curiosity of what the hell is going on.  It won't happen though.  It's all but guaranteed that this will be the newest emotional event that leads to some sort of alleged "big change" that ultimately results in another victory for the supposed good guys.  It's going to take some serious work for next season's premier to have anyone really give much of a crap about whoever died.  And knowing these douches, why do I have a feeling they're totally going to pull some of that crap where they force people to sit through a whole episode of garbage before actually finding out who it was?  You know, kind of like they did with this episode... minus the finding anything out part.

10 minutes ago, Jolot said:

I'm going on record , I hope it's Daryl ...what a useless character for years now ...so what some 20 something girls will be upset , he's 50 in real life do they even realize that ? Lol 

lol

Hell, that could be why they didn't want to show it now. If they show Daryl's (is it one "r" or two?) death now then there'll probably be a number of fans who don't tune in next season.

I do like Daryl, though, but he'd be a good choice. All the hype would be appropriate if it was him.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

It would definitely pique some interest, if nothing else but out of pure curiosity of what the hell is going on.  It won't happen though.  It's all but guaranteed that this will be the newest emotional event that leads to some sort of alleged "big change" that ultimately results in another victory for the supposed good guys.  It's going to take some serious work for next season's premier to have anyone really give much of a crap about whoever died.  And knowing these douches, why do I have a feeling they're totally going to pull some of that crap where they force people to sit through a whole episode of garbage before actually finding out who it was?  You know, kind of like they did with this episode... minus the finding anything out part.

So true. And we're never gonna actually see it happen. It would be an incredibly traumatizing yet meaningful scene that should definitely be shown. But they won't. Even after seeing Glenn almost die twice. Instead, they'll cut to how many ever weeks later and everyone will be mopey. Or the scene will start on whoever's tombstone in Alexandria. They could've ended on such a climatic and monumental scene, but they blew it. Just so people will tune in next season.

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

So true. And we're never gonna actually see it happen. It would be an incredibly traumatizing yet meaningful scene that should definitely be shown. But they won't. Even after seeing Glenn almost die twice. Instead, they'll cut to how many ever weeks later and everyone will be mopey. Or the scene will start on whoever's tombstone in Alexandria. They could've ended on such a climatic and monumental scene, but they blew it. Just so people will tune in next season.

I agree. They took a great scene right to piss with that lazy ending. Show who is killed, let people mull over it through the offseason, and then you still have the entire story with the aftermath and how Alexandria retaliates. 

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I don't think Fear is going to have half the shelf-life as TWD. The first season was fun--especially the first few episodes--because we got to see a whole new side to the plot, as in how it went down in the beginning. After that, I think it'll get old pretty fast without bringing anything new to the table. We'll see.

I haven't watched it yet. The first episode annoyed me I turned it off and haven't circled back yet. But I like what you said, that makes it interesting enough to watch.

5 hours ago, Jolot said:

And maybe as time goes on Jeffry Dean Morgan will shine but I was unimpressed with him also , ...as usual mellissa mcbride and lennie James carried the episode....sorry for the rant but I'm pissed 

Are you kidding me? If there is one shining moment in this entire episode, his portrayal of Negan was dead ******* on. It really, really was.

Charismatic, funny, and terrifying all at once. 

Preacher asking Rick, intensely, if he trusts him to look after Judith.

Rick's "there will be more days" pep talk to Maggie in earshot of the group.

Morgan on the horse doing what he has to do to save Carol, and telling her what's best for her.

Carl rallying behind his fathers words and being motivated by making sure their group doesn't suffer again, plus deciding Enid's fate for her.

The biggest clues I picked up on lead to Rick dying, but I don't think they have then balls to do it.

4 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Are you kidding me? If there is one shining moment in this entire episode, his portrayal of Negan was dead ******* on. It really, really was.

Charismatic, funny, and terrifying all at once. 

He was ok , probably will be great , but the spin room on talkin dead wants us to think he's Heath Ledger...I'm gonna wait and see.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I think Glenn got killed.

I think it is Glenn also.

I think the episode was a solid C.  The over and over end arounds by Rick's group tried should have stopped after the second road block.    I do not have a problem with the fade to black.  I read an article that speculated that was how it would end and it made sense then as it does now.  How many thoughts have been wasted on it whether speculating on who it is or how it ended in the 10 hours and 15 minutes since it ended?  This thread is three pages longer by my settings.  By next October this thread will probably be about 20 pages longer and there will be 10K new videos on YouTube about it.  It sucks, but it is a smart move.  sh*t people still talk about the Sopranos ending and that ended the series.

I think the show stays relatively in step with the comic and kills off Glen.  I think the Eugene and Abraham moments were just misdirection's to fool the audience.  Killing Rick or Maggie would be a clear break from the comic.  It could happen, but doubtful.

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Same reason it's not Rick... Because they said he'd cut his eye out and feed it to his father.

It's Glenn.

Crap episode.

Also, going to need some backstory on Negan.  Not sure there is anything about him at this point, that if I were one of his people who was unhappy, I wouldn't shoot him in the face quickly.  Because he carries a bat with barbed wire?

Also, why didn't they travel with the stupid RPG?  Didn't they have more ammo?  Should have just blown the last roadblock up.

10 minutes ago, afosomf said:

I do not believe the writers will follow comics to a T, they will lose a popular character, it is either maggie or glenn and I believe Glenn is more useful to Negan than maggie may

"He's taking it like a champ"

He.

And as pointed out, killing a pregnant woman, if you're going to let the rest live, is not smart strategy.

Carl and Rick are eliminated for aforementioned reasons, leaving Daryl, Glenn, and Abraham, all viable as all are dead (or never existed) at this point.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

"He's taking it like a champ"

He.

And as pointed out, killing a pregnant woman, if you're going to let the rest live, is not smart strategy.

Carl and Rick are eliminated for aforementioned reasons, leaving Daryl, Glenn, and Abraham, all viable as all are dead (or never existed) at this point.

it does put the fear of god in the rest of them, it could be carl, i doubt it is Rick. It will not be a minor character for sure

The most annoying thing about this is that the show is popular enough where doesn't need a gimmicky cliffhanger to get people to tune into next season. People are going to anyway.

And when the season does return, if they really want it to have some impact, I want it to be as brutal and horrific as it was in the comics. The show does not shy away from its fair share of gore and disgusting things, so let's hope they do the scene justice when it resumes. 

Archived