Ok So How Did DookAsse Look at G?

TNJet

when he knows who to block, and doesn't false start, he is very strong and does his job . his future is at OG. I hope I never see him play OT again. The word is out that he is dumb, the bengals d-line caused him to false start at least once that I saw by flinching

his problems are all mental, physically he is very stout and powerful

when he knows who to block, and doesn't false start, he is very strong and does his job . his future is at OG. I hope I never see him play OT again. The word is out that he is dumb, the bengals d-line caused him to false start at least once that I saw by flinching

wow, ugly and dumb! fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life!

Yeah he seemed dumb on hard knocks when Turner was biatching at him about picking up an inside blitzer. Rob seemed frustrated like they'd explained it to him 5 times already. :)

On the one down at the goal I think that Mangold flinched. It looked like Vlad was pulling so he needed a good start. I don't blame him much for that. I think he had at least one other penalty. Maybe another false start.

On the one down at the goal I think that Mangold flinched. It looked like Vlad was pulling so he needed a good start. I don't blame him much for that. I think he had at least one other penalty. Maybe another false start.

the one I saw was earlier, the d-lineman flinched, and vlad reacted. it seemed to me like they were messing with him. it's pretty obvious on tape I imagine that this kid can be had

i might go a step furthur and say when he knows who to block and its one guy, he doesnt seem to get moved an inch on pass blocking and run blocking flattens the defender. i agree that he has awesome physical skills and his problems truly are mental.

reminds me of a certain comic book hero."VLAD SMASH". not too bright, but can definetely do damage

I keyed on him a lot during the game. Before the snap I said I was going to watch him the entire play. Overall I thought he did good. I am not sure about the penalties...I was a bit distracted by the rain. But he seems to be a much better option at guard as opposed to tackle.

It was the Bengals though.

Actually, I'd like to see him get more time at tackle. I'm not sure about right now. He might not be ready yet and he's certainly not ready to jump back and forth. I think his problems have been mental. He seems to be thinking and is slow to react. At tackle he might be slow to get to the outside, but it's still possible that he is the 3rd T on the team. Clifford didn't exactly impress. The interesting thing is I think they made a point that T is simpler than G in Callahan's blocking schemes. You'd think that suits him better, but who knows?

With Callahan working on him, he might be a real good replacement for Brandon at RG in about three or four more years. I'd like to see the Jets keep more of their draft picks going forward (and less trades) and develop guys like this. Most of the trades the jets have done have turned out well. But now they are loaded with a nice mix of young guys and vets. Let's stick to the draft with an occaisional FA going forward and the jets should be solid for many years.

I find the nickname about 1Mx more annoying than funny.

Ducasse was drafted as a project. Everyone knows this. There was no offseason program this year due to the lockout. This hurt Ducasse as much -if not more than- the rookies coming in this year. He needs a lot of coaching. He didn't know what a football even was until he was 16 years old. What he does have is god given physical size, strength, and athleticism. A lot of all three. With coaching and experience he's going to become a very good offensive lineman.

When Wayne Hunter won the starting RT job, he said he was just keeping the spot warm for Ducasse. It's one thing when the coaches grease up a player (Rex saying VG is good), but it's quite another when other players do it - particularly your direct competition. This kid's gonna be alright.

I think this is the case, he doesnt seem to know how to handle the T position. Seems like he is a better fit for guard.

The thing that I came away with that was very pleasing (and something I suspected :P ) was that he can definitely do what they ask of Turner, and probably do it very well. That is, checking in as a TE and just being a road grader in the run game...feel like he'll be just fine in those situations which is where the Jets really get their value in Turner.

I think this is the case, he doesnt seem to know how to handle the T position. Seems like he is a better fit for guard.

The thing that I came away with that was very pleasing (and something I suspected :P ) was that he can definitely do what they ask of Turner, and probably do it very well. That is, checking in as a TE and just being a road grader in the run game...feel like he'll be just fine in those situations which is where the Jets really get their value in Turner.

One thing Vlad can't do that Turner can is snap.

I find the nickname about 1Mx more annoying than funny.

Ducasse was drafted as a project. Everyone knows this. There was no offseason program this year due to the lockout. This hurt Ducasse as much -if not more than- the rookies coming in this year. He needs a lot of coaching. He didn't know what a football even was until he was 16 years old. What he does have is god given physical size, strength, and athleticism. A lot of all three. With coaching and experience he's going to become a very good offensive lineman.

When Wayne Hunter won the starting RT job, he said he was just keeping the spot warm for Ducasse. It's one thing when the coaches grease up a player (Rex saying VG is good), but it's quite another when other players do it - particularly your direct competition. This kid's gonna be alright.

I agree

I think the guy is going to be a very good RT when it is all said and done. Don't think he is the brightest bulb on the tree, but as you said he didn't know what a foot ball was as a kid.

I want to see more of him as a RT because he needs the reps. Just not when Sanchez is in. Don't think you'll see it this year much, but he certainly needs the work

I agree

I think the guy is going to be a very good RT when it is all said and done. Don't think he is the brightest bulb on the tree, but as you said he didn't know what a foot ball was as a kid.

I want to see more of him as a RT because he needs the reps. Just not when Sanchez is in. Don't think you'll see it this year much, but he certainly needs the work

I think you just found an actual use for Brunell.

OMG! I BET HE WEARS HIS HAT SIDEWAYS!!!!

I'm curious if he was as horrible at RG next to Mangold, as he was last week. Decent Guard? or no?

The key thing is that Sanchez was able to leave the field on his own two feet and not on a stretcher.

I recall some people on here worried Ducasse would get Sanchez killed.

Glad that didn't happen

I'm curious if he was as horrible at RG next to Mangold, as he was last week. Decent Guard? or no?

Nobody died but I was watching it on streaming video so when I watch it tonight on NFL network with the rewind feature :) I'll be able to get a better idea.

I think he stands too high when he is pulling he needs to lower his pad level and his pass blocking is suspect at best. Once he gets a hold of you your in trouble, but in the AFC with these talented 3-4 defenses we face it may be trouble If he can't figure out these blitz packages

I find it horrendously inconsistent. This is like the 4th attempt at spelling it a different way, and the fact that it sucked to begin with makes it that much more lame.

Echoes of The Great "Revi$/Mevis/Mevi$/Greedvis/Greedvi$/Megreedvi$$$/Dat Black Guy Wit Da Hippity Hop Uncle" Debate of 2010.

After watching the replay tonight on nfl network, Vlad DookAsse, aka Dookie a$$, Douche a$$, and Dicckass etc., did not play too badly. I think his future in the nfl is at G, because if he locks on and keeps his feet moving he could be a force in the future in the run game.

Archived