Jets need to use lighter green

Morrissey

You should start a poll just to see the landslide you'd lose by... haha!

Jets have one of the nicest uniforms in the league. I hated the 80's garb, and think the move from kelly to hunter green was an excellent choice, too.

Jets have one of the nicest uniforms in the league. I hated the 80's garb, and think the move from kelly to hunter green was an excellent choice, too.

This.

Love our uni's, especially the "all whites". No changes.

Exactly.

It's hard for me to understand why any fan wants a return to 80s esque garb. That's the dark days of the franchise. Nostalgia? That's like having nostalgia over child abuse.

Currently have one of the worst in the league. It's so boring.

sh*t.. even this would be better.

ziesha08xvtyzc3cwj0aaenrl.gif

At least tone down the green, needs to be lighter like above (this goes for the uniforms as well)

See the difference

99rb1fns83h7e3hs5mysni651.gif6geq7dgeytuhvs3rqzz46tb6q.gif

bfhegxqd4hqxgwqgrhz300l00.gif

xn6y4iz57oa8laimaikfhzxvv.gif

The Jets uniform, especially the all-whites, is one of the best in football. It is a gridiron classic, much like the Bears, Colts, Packers and their stoic, but timeless uniforms. It harkens to the Ewbank / Namath / SBIII era, and should be looked at as a historical asset for a team that lost its identity for a long period of time after Joe.

As a creative director I've often fantasized about what I would do with the Jets visual identity and uniforms if given the chance, and I have to be honest - I don't think I could have made a better recommendation to them other than to go back to their roots as they did under Parcells when these uni's were brought back, AND to take that 1940's-50's "Jet Age" theme even further and extend it to branding of things like the Flight Crew, with their ruffle-bottom pin-up girl panties... If there is one thing that Woody Johnson has done right, it was to hire Pentagram (one of the top branding agencies in the world) to course-correct the Jets brand.

Please no more Titans throwbacks. Everything else is cool with me.

Kinda wished they had made the Titans throwbacks navy and yellow, like Michigan Wolverines colors - not navy and mustard gold tan puke.

I'd love it if one of the teams I actually rooted for had navy in their colors. Jets, Mets, Knicks, Islanders = ugly a$$ colors.

Tone down the green,

See the difference

99rb1fns83h7e3hs5mysni651.gif6geq7dgeytuhvs3rqzz46tb6q.gif

xn6y4iz57oa8laimaikfhzxvv.gif

bfhegxqd4hqxgwqgrhz300l00.gif

Would even use this helmet instead.

ziesha08xvtyzc3cwj0aaenrl.gif

BUMP. Photos should be showing up now. I like the Jets uniforms, which is why I'm not asking for a major overhaul. Just a move to a lighter green. The helmet on the other hand...I think needs work. But my biggest gripe is the color.

The Jets uniform, especially the all-whites, is one of the best in football. It is a gridiron classic, much like the Bears, Colts, Packers and their stoic, but timeless uniforms. It harkens to the Ewbank / Namath / SBIII era, and should be looked at as a historical asset for a team that lost its identity for a long period of time after Joe.

As a creative director I've often fantasized about what I would do with the Jets visual identity and uniforms if given the chance, and I have to be honest - I don't think I could have made a better recommendation to them other than to go back to their roots as they did under Parcells when these uni's were brought back, AND to take that 1940's-50's "Jet Age" theme even further and extend it to branding of things like the Flight Crew, with their ruffle-bottom pin-up girl panties... If there is one thing that Woody Johnson has done right, it was to hire Pentagram (one of the top branding agencies in the world) to course-correct the Jets brand.

Again, I'm not looking for a major overhaul. I'm a traditionalist, and for the Jets uniforms to be more classic, the color needs to be lighter. The current Jets uniform/color are much darker than when Broadway Joe played.

BUMP. Photos should be showing up now. I like the Jets uniforms, which is why I'm not asking for a major overhaul. Just a move to a lighter green. The helmet on the other hand...I think needs work. But my biggest gripe is the color.

I like the hunter green better than the kelly green, and I say that as a someone who's rumored to be half Irish. I think the darker green is more masculine - as a result it's a little bit better football color (for opposite example, see: Dolphins, Miami).

I like the hunter green better than the kelly green, and I say that as a someone who's rumored to be half Irish. I think the darker green is more masculine - as a result it's a little bit better football color (for opposite example, see: Dolphins, Miami).

joe-namath.jpg doesn't = ricky.jpg

I know Max set this site up as an alternative lifestyle football site, but maybe it's time to recruit some straight people. The two top threads right now are fashion threads. How are we ever going to get any players to come here and post?

Aaaaaa, never mind my copy of GQ just arrived

Archived