Thinking about putting a $h!Elias of $$ on the Jets

AFJF

The Cowboys are pretty good.

Three rookies on the OL, and the best one of those might be too hurt to play, too.

Their secondary is decimated.

They're installing a new and very complicated defense with no off season.

Like I said, I'll be disappointed if the Jets don't win big. Even without the emotional 9/11 factor.

It's a tough call. You're basically betting on Sanchez not hitting retard-mode until mid-season like he's done the past 2 years. The dude has had a pretty strong first 3-4 games for 2 years running now, meaning they should cover. The only time they struggle to cover in matchups like this is when he turns to poop. I'd say they probably cover, but personally I'm staying away from betting on us until week 2 or 3.

Three rookies on the OL, and the best one of those might be too hurt to play, too.

Their secondary is decimated.

They're installing a new and very complicated defense with no off season.

Like I said, I'll be disappointed if the Jets don't win big. Even without the emotional 9/11 factor.

First of all, the 9/11 emotional crap means nothing. Mark Sanchez was playing high school freshamn ball in Southern California when that happened. How many of these Jets players were on the team, a.k.a. living in New York when that happened? Terrorists crashing airplanes into the world trade center 10 years ago will have no impact on a football game.

You pointed out the Cowboys weaknesses. How is their secondary "decimated?" It's not much different than last year, just a change at free safety (and Alan Ball was horrible there) and Newman, Jenkins and Sensabaugh had the worst years of their carrers.

The OL is a worry, I'll give you that. But the Jets OL could be in trouble as well.

The Cowboys are pretty good.

That's nice to know.If you think a team such as the Cowboys, a team coming off a 6-10 season, are considered to be "pretty good"... I'd love to see how you 'really feel' about our New York Jets. You know, the same team that's been to the AFC Championship game during consecutive seasons with... 1) Top 5 D's. 2) Top 5 rushing attack's.3) A developing franchise QB in the making. 4) Have eliminated elite playoff teams (on the road) such as the Chargers, Patriots and Colts over the past two years. The Bengals were pretty good back in 2009, but far from elite.But yeah, it's nice to see that you feel the Cowboys are a pretty good team. I'll be sure to bump this thread up (and your quote) after the Jets dominate the Cowboys come Sunday night. It'll be nice to see you admit that the Jets just beat a pretty good team. You being a Dolphins fan? You shouldn't be concerned with the Jets, you should be concerned about the Patriots embarrassing the Dolphins on national tv come Monday night.

if you bet airforce let us know how much you win! good luck! hope you win a $h*tL0ad!! lol I'd really like to bet on this game, the spread seems very reasonable and if I had 100 bux we could spare I'd do it, moneys to tight right now with having a baby and all plus me being laid off! really sucks could use a big payday from this game. so you win it all! and then take a hundred and put it on the jets to win the superbowl!

First of all, the 9/11 emotional crap means nothing. Mark Sanchez was playing high school freshamn ball in Southern California when that happened. How many of these Jets players were on the team, a.k.a. living in New York when that happened? Terrorists crashing airplanes into the world trade center 10 years ago will have no impact on a football game.

You pointed out the Cowboys weaknesses. How is their secondary "decimated?" It's not much different than last year, just a change at free safety (and Alan Ball was horrible there) and Newman, Jenkins and Sensabaugh had the worst years of their carrers.

The OL is a worry, I'll give you that. But the Jets OL could be in trouble as well.

WTF is wrong with you?

WTF is wrong with you?

I know it's sad but I remember not long after 9/11 I told some friends that the patriotism wouldn't last forever and we'd eventually have americans who would piss on the memory of that day. They told me I was nuts and it was too big of an event for that to happen. Probably not the first time we've all seen somebody do that but Aqua is doing a fine job of carrying the torch for these folks.

9/11 will be a factor not becuase of where they were on 9/11/01, but because of where they'll be on 9/11/11. They'll be playing in front of the families of loved ones who were lost on that day. I'm guessing this is why Rex has said that he feels more pressure in getting ready for this game than any other in his career. I'm the first one to say that 99% of pro athletes don't give a rats a$$ about the fans or anything outside of their own little world. This anniversary, I think, is big enough to get through to them and maybe inspire them.

I could be wrong. They may come out flat and get hammered on national TV. I just doin't see that happening though.

9/11 will be a factor not becuase of where they were on 9/11/01, but because of where they'll be on 9/11/11.

I really don't know if this is even true. Sanchez's dad was a rescue worker at Ground Zero for weeks. He runs a non-profit for FDNY widows. To claim that he doesn't have any emotional investment in this particular game isn't as bizarre as it is ignorant. That it was worded as it was isn't surprising considering the nonsense he's posted in the past. 'The emotional crap.' What a tool. Tell the fatherless kid who's sitting in the stands on Sunday that it's just emotional crap.

To be fair I don't think Aqua was taking a shot at the emotion surrounding 9/11 itself - but more that the idea that it will play a huge factor in an NFL game is "crap". Which isn't too far-fetched to suggest considering motivation/emotion can only do so much. He could have put it in better terms though, to say the least.

Wow, you are truly a scumbag. Congrats.

I just wanted to point out that you framing your opinion with this verbiage only reinforces the notion that you are a complete piece of trash.

He brings a good point, though, as much as I hate to say it. There's no reason the Cowboys won't be emotionally invested in the 9/11 stuff as well. I mean they consider themselves "America's team" and 9/11 was AN AMERICAN tragedy not just a new york tragedy. Both teams will want to win for the 9/11 victims. I don't think it changes the outcome, however. The Jets will win because they are the better football team. Cowboys won't prime until mid season.

If I had a nickel for every "easy jets win" that didn't happen....

On paper, yeah. We're fine. But the Cowboys aren't going to roll over. They've been dealing with 'entitlement' accusations in their own press. Their players have plenty of desire to win, and I'm sure they're all proud they got to be on the team with the blue star.

No way I'd bet on this.

He brings a good point, though, as much as I hate to say it. There's no reason the Cowboys won't be emotionally invested in the 9/11 stuff as well. I mean they consider themselves "America's team" and 9/11 was AN AMERICAN tragedy not just a new york tragedy. Both teams will want to win for the 9/11 victims. I don't think it changes the outcome, however. The Jets will win because they are the better football team. Cowboys won't prime until mid season.

Maybe, but it's the fans that will be more emotionally invested because of the 9/11 stuff.

Aqua has the opinion of a douche for not realizing the impact 9/11 had on the NY community and mindset. Although most of the Jets players were not in NY for the attack, they live and work there now and are exposed to millions of people who were, and if you don't think they have some extra motivation to work harder for their fans than the Cowboys, then you're opinion is equivalent to that of a simpleton, or perhaps even a village idiot. I hope this doesn't equate to a personal attack. I hate the opinion, not the person.

Archived