Imagine what Rex could do with DeMarcus Ware....

Jetsfan80

My god, Ware must be this generation's Lawrence Taylor. I'm glad we figured out how to mask our troubles with him later in the game, because early on it looked like he was going to win this game by himself.

Seeing Ware go to work in Rob Ryan's defense made me wonder what it would be like if this Jets team and Rex had Ware at his disposal. No one would be able to throw on us again.

Ware made every OL on the Jets his bitch, not just Hunter. I can't remember the last time I've seen Brick beat that badly, and Ware even beat freakin' Mangold on a sack. It was a bad night up front all around.

There were some serious synergy problems across the entire league yesterday. Atlanta had one of the best o-lines in the league last season in pass protection and looked like the worst. Ditto for the Giants, and us. That's a part of the game that generally tends to be pretty consistent from year to year and there was definitely a pattern of last year's great teams playing poorly. There was bound to be some aspect of the game that was affected most by the layoff, and if this week's games were a predictor of anything, it's that lines leaguewide are going to take some time to get in sync.

There were some serious synergy problems across the entire league yesterday. Atlanta had one of the best o-lines in the league last season in pass protection and looked like the worst. Ditto for the Giants, and us. That's a part of the game that generally tends to be pretty consistent from year to year and there was definitely a pattern of last year's great teams playing poorly. There was bound to be some aspect of the game that was affected most by the layoff, and if this week's games were a predictor of anything, it's that lines leaguewide are going to take some time to get in sync.

...and we all looked great compared to Pittsburgh.

er, he had Aso. Not that impressed.

aso was targeted 2x yesterday in the Rams Eagles game

1 was a 40 yard PI penalty the other was a 31 yard reception

people think ASO = Revis it's just not true. Revis is way better and on an island of his own. Aso and other very good corners are on a lower tier than Revis.

I don't even think our line was especially not in sync. They looked bad because Rob Ryan had the stones to keep dialing up big blitzes despite the fact that Dallas was basically throwing the Omaha Nighthawks secondary out there by the end of the game. Obviously you can't ordinarily get away with doing it over and over again, especially when the coverage is suspect to begin with, because you get burned. They didn't, and that's Sanchez's fault, but in his defense it's not like anybody has had to resort to that before, mostly because of his tendency to feel the pressure even when it's picked up, which unfortunately was also on full display yesterday.

aso was targeted 2x yesterday in the Rams Eagles game

1 was a 40 yard PI penalty the other was a 31 yard reception

people think ASO = Revis it's just not true. Revis is way better and on an island of his own. Aso and other very good corners are on a lower tier than Revis.

fair enough, can't say I disagree with you.

...his tendency to feel the pressure even when it's picked up, which unfortunately was also on full display yesterday.

With the obvious exception being the play where, despite the obvious tell that Dallas was likely sending 6-7, he felt that it would be a good idea to turn and run laterally 3 seconds after the snap while holding the ball like a fresh baguette.

With the obvious exception being the play where, despite the obvious tell that Dallas was likely sending 6-7, he felt that it would be a good idea to turn and run laterally 3 seconds after the snap while holding the ball like a fresh baguette.

There's something seriously wrong that this stuff keeps happening. Dallas crowds the line, obviously showing blitz. Sanchez comes up, pointing every which way and yelling god knows what. The offense, and Sanchez in particular, proceed to be completely caught off guard and blowed up when Dallas does in fact blitz. It's like Willie Beamen lining up under guard and trying to audible into made-up plays.

There's something seriously wrong that this stuff keeps happening. Dallas crowds the line, obviously showing blitz. Sanchez comes up, pointing every which way and yelling god knows what. The offense, and Sanchez in particular, proceed to be completely caught off guard and blowed up when Dallas does in fact blitz. It's like Willie Beamen lining up under guard and trying to audible into made-up plays.

Having Plax run to the Buick and turn around would've easily resulted in a first on that play.

I don't even think our line was especially not in sync. They looked bad because Rob Ryan had the stones to keep dialing up big blitzes despite the fact that Dallas was basically throwing the Omaha Nighthawks secondary out there by the end of the game. Obviously you can't ordinarily get away with doing it over and over again, especially when the coverage is suspect to begin with, because you get burned. They didn't, and that's Sanchez's fault, but in his defense it's not like anybody has had to resort to that before, mostly because of his tendency to feel the pressure even when it's picked up, which unfortunately was also on full display yesterday.

True, it's not like Sanchez doesn't see pressure like that every single day in practice. I'm hoping it's a product of Ware just being two steps faster than anyone he'll see for the rest of the season. And it's certainly concerning for the Baltimore game. Have to say though I do think the interior line did look like they were out of it most of the time. I can't hate on Hunter so badly because he's always going to get beaten by guys like that, Mario did it to him last year and Rob Ryan was obviously going to take the same shots at him also. But Dallas' front isn't so good that they should have been consistently winning up front like that all night.

Maybe he forgot his invisible juice.

Archived