Pats vs Dolphins

Ghost

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't root for the Dolphins, but I'll root against the Patriots.

Jets starting off 1-0 with the Steelers, Patriots and Colts starting off 0-1 would make for an excellent opening week of football.

Don't think we have to worry about the colts without Manning. I guess Manning is pretty good.

Heading into this game, I told myself... No way the Patriots lose to the Dolphins on opening night, but the more I think about it... The more I'm thinking Reggie Bush could end up being too much for NE's front 7 to deal with. One thing about Reggie, is when healthy, he's dynamic. Chad Henne isn't a great quarterback, but he's heading into his 4th year as a pro, against a suspect NE secondary... I wouldn't be shocked to see Brandon Marshall have a monster game tonight. He put up 86 receptions for 1014 yards last season, which was only his first year working with Henne. The experience of working together alone is enough for me to say he'll have a better season this year; which is a scary though. I look at the Dolphins as an 8-8, 10-6 type of team, but they do have a defense than can give the Patriots problems with guys such as Dansby and Wake.

Brady is also getting up there in age. He's 34 years old. He'll start to decline sooner rather than later. The end of Brady is near, hopefully we'll see him have an awful game tonight. I'm not sold on the Patriots run game, and I don't think Chad Johnson has much of anything left in the tank. Contain Welker and focus on Hernandez and Gronkowski and Brady will struggle. Truth be told, this NE offense isn't as scary as in years past and that's something we'll see tonight. As far as their defense goes? Haynesworth or no Haynesworth... They're still extremely suspect. Dane Fletcher and Rob Ninkovich at OLB? Who? Josh Barrett at Safety, who?

NE doesn't make the playoffs this year. When the Jets went into NE and eliminated them from the playoffs last year, I believe that's a sign of things to come. The Patriots run is over.

NE: 17

MIA: 31

I hope to see Shaun Ellis struggle like never before. He's been on a steady decline over the past two years. Yes, he had a career game against NE during the playoffs, but the Patriots will be LUCKY to get 25 tackles and 2.5 sacks out of Ellis this season. Too funny how they over-paid for someone we no longer needed nor wanted.

The more I'm thinking Reggie Bush could end up being too much for NE's front 7 to deal with. One thing about Reggie, is when healthy, he's dynamic.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Brandon Marshall have a monster game tonight.

Exactly what I thought. Bush killing NE on the first drive and Brandon Marshall went deep for about 30 yards on the FIRST PLAY of the game.

Archived