Mark Sanchez

Joewillie2k12

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't knock Sanchez for this game. His center and guards were getting blown up right in his face. The RBs couldn't move an inch. The three times he tried to help them with a hard-count, he got false starts from Hunter, Ducasse and Brick. Then his recievers quit on him. He took a sh*tload of hits and kept getting up. I'm not a Mark Sanchez fan, but fair is fair. He never had a chance.

I agree for the most part but when we somehow were in a 24-17 game with a full half of football left and with great field position to boot, you simply cannot throw that pick six INT. As bad as the 1st half was if you are any type of quality QB you take that field position and ENSURE points. Feel pressure....put it 6 rows deep in the stands. For as bad as the Jets were last night if Sanchez gets us points on that drive we have a barn burner for the rest of the game with how equally awful Flacco played.

It was widely reported that before the Favre trade, Woody told Tanny that the Jets can't have a no-name QB anymore. They need someone with star power to be face of the franchise. A midrounder isn't getting it done. If not Sanchez then it would have to be big name player, which likely won't be available.

Well that's why it would have to be worked in the manner that I said. Sanchez would still be "the guy", but you slip in a mid-round QB as you can do it without completely casting Sanchez aside, while still developing a guy in the background. If at some point in time Sanchez is blowing and the new guy seems to have what it takes, Woody isn't going to stop the team from making a switch that will improve the team, and all it takes is for a young QB to hit the ground running in NY to become a star overnight. Let's not forget, it took half a season of play for Chad Pennington of all people to become billed as the next Joe Montana. It's not that it's easy, but if Sanchez ultimately fails the one way Tanny and Rex could potentially save their asses in the process is by having someone else ready and waiting to give them one last shot before it comes to the point that Woody sends all three of their asses packing.

It is not, nor was it ever about who should be playing in Sanchez's place, right now, unless you wanted to go the woulda-shoulda-coulda route and talk about Freeman, trading up for Stafford, or hell, what I thought they should have done in not taking a QB at all, letting Clemens play for one year, and then making your move the following year. But, Rex and Tannenbaum were to afraid to fail year one.

The point is that Sanchez isn't where some people think he should be, and a lot of people see nothing in his game that indicates an ability to take it any further. And yes, everyone acknowledges that he's in a bad situation this year, with the offensive line, but he's not under pressure under every single drop back, and when he's not getting killed, he's still doing a lot of things wrong. Many of his bad decisions have nothing to do with pressure. Many are just bad decisions. This all ignores that Sanchez's ability and decision making allow other teams to take what are normally risks by bringing so much pressure because they do not believe he can beat it. A great QB with our Offensive Line would struggle at times, but would also make a lot of plays causing defenses to respect him. Until Sanchez can do that, he'll be seeing big blitzes every week, and hey, why not?

Oh, and outside of improving his game from "below average" to "solid", Mark did not have a lot to do with our success. Running the football well and playing defense did. Mark did enough not to screw it up. Now, with some holes elsewhere, he need to do more.

There is no answer to your question of who should start. Sanchez should start. But, on a Jets discussion forum, it's time to discuss why he very way may not be the answer, and how soon we think should start looking for the answer/what we think the team should do about it. As for your comment about how he'll be here a long time. We'll see. This is the last year of his contract where there is not significant savings if you move him, so hopefully there will be an evaluation process, and if he is holding this team back, we will move on. Hopefully we take a mid-round QB this year who has some tools that we can groom and maybe that guy can give Sanchez a run for his money in another year or so.

Come on EY, Mark had nothing to do with last years success? Nothing to do with the Cleveland, Detroit, Houston games? Nothing to do with the 3 td performance in Foxboro in a playoff game? If you are not willing to credit his success by suggesting that the running game and defense were the real reasons, then you cannot bash him now. Now there is no running game and the d has been bad all year, sans last night. But yet Sanchez is still the reason. He's not the reason for success when he plays well, but he is the reason for team failure when then team plays poorly? Both sides of the fence is a nice place to reside.

Come on EY, Mark had nothing to do with last years success? Nothing to do with the Cleveland, Detroit, Houston games? Nothing to do with the 3 td performance in Foxboro in a playoff game? If you are not willing to credit his success by suggesting that the running game and defense were the real reasons, then you cannot bash him now. Now there is no running game and the d has been bad all year, sans last night. But yet Sanchez is still the reason. He's not the reason for success when he plays well, but he is the reason for team failure when then team plays poorly? Both sides of the fence is a nice place to reside.

He had solid performances in some wins. But, that does not make him the overall reason for the success of this team.

Also, outside of New England, in which he did have a good game, you mentioned 3 teams, none of whom amassed more than 6 wins in the year you specified. You're looking at game winning drives as proof that Sanchez is a player, and while there's merit to that, one would hope, and Houston was the only exception, that if the QB, on a team like the one we had last year, played well all game, we wouldn't need those last minute drives.

He had solid performances in some wins. But, that does not make him the overall reason for the success of this team.

Also, outside of New England, in which he did have a good game, you mentioned 3 teams, none of whom amassed more than 6 wins in the year you specified. You're looking at game winning drives as proof that Sanchez is a player, and while there's merit to that, one would hope, and Houston was the only exception, that if the QB, on a team like the one we had last year, played well all game, we wouldn't need those last minute drives.

I never claimed he was the overall reason for the success. What I am saying is that I believe he is a good qb who will be very good. He got killed last night and all I keep hearing and reading is how he should have played better, he should have thrown better, he should have protected the ball better, he should have read the defense better, all while laying face down in the grass.

The basic goal of a defense is to knock the snot out of the qb until you make him human, that is what happed last night and most of the year. Last week Sanchez played great imo, with no help. Did he have bad passes last night, hell yes, who wouldn't?

10 pages on sanchez after he almost gets literally killed ?

and 3 pages on the o-line

lol

Yeah, like I said, I'm not a Sanchez fan, but he gets a 100% pass on this game. There are threads going back to the spring about how thin our line is and after preseason there were half a dozen about how Ducasse would "get Sanchez killed". Well, Ducasse did get him killed. As did Hunter, Baxter and Slauson. We all knew the outcome of this offense if we lost a lineman or two. It was an established and correct opinion among most of us long before game 1. It came to pass. That's that. Not going to blame sanchez (who's name should be Freeman IMO--but thats for another thread) for getting his a$$ handed to him again. he suffered a broken nose last week, for ****'s sake. The FO failed real bad. Not blaming Sanchez until he flames out after having time to throw and at least a modicum of a rushing attack. Which is certainly possible in the coming weeks.

And yes, everyone acknowledges that he's in a bad situation this year, with the offensive line, but he's not under pressure under every single drop back, and when he's not getting killed, he's still doing a lot of things wrong. Many of his bad decisions have nothing to do with pressure. Many are just bad decisions. This all ignores that Sanchez's ability and decision making allow other teams to take what are normally risks by bringing so much pressure because they do not believe he can beat it. A great QB with our Offensive Line would struggle at times, but would also make a lot of plays causing defenses to respect him. Until Sanchez can do that, he'll be seeing big blitzes every week, and hey, why not?

You're hatred for this kid is making you talk crazy man! He's getting pressured...a lot. The pocket collapses on him more than he's ever seen before in his career. He's taking more hits then ever before. I'm sure this is very different for him. Couple new targets, no running game, playing behind a OL that cant protect, a new Center whos not any where near the best in the league...thats not easy for any QB. And just remember, this is the ultimate team game and not a single QB in this league can carry a team all by himself. Not one.

I think it would be an interesting experiment to see great QB's behind this line. Brady, Brees, Manning, Rivers...we've seen them all struggle in the face of serious pressure. Rodgers and Big Ben are probably best suited, and they are the furthest thing from Sanchez.

Anyway, the timing of Mangolds injury was awful. Not every D is as deep on the DL as the Raiders. So each game wont look like that, (obviously considering the multiple 300, 2 TD game). But that defense last night vs. the current OL? , come'on. Sanchez could have been perfect and it wouldnt have been enough. Besides running Greene at Ngata over and over again, Schotty's whole short to intermediate passing offense is the worst thing ever vs. the Ravens. Its why we havent scored a TD against them since he's been here.

So now going back to BG's point. I would like to see Sanchez with a solid OL and a different OC. The offense is horrible. Its totally predicated on the run game and if you shut that down...its cake. All short to intermediate outs, comebacks and slants. Thats it. Shut down the run and its jump time. Teams only need to play 15 yards deep and within the hash marks. Its a$$ backwards. Typically you want to compliment a power running game with a vertical offense. Its hard for any QB to succeed in an offense like this IMO. The scary part is, Rex's obsession with ground and pound. Its the reason Schitty is still here...like father like son and it mirrors Ryan's admitted philosophy of an offense.

Why does Sanchez have to be either the worst QB in the game or a Peyton Manning in the making? Sanchez isn't as bad as the haters are making it out to be and he isn't a good as the homers are saying either. He is having a hard time adjusting to sh*tty oline play. The same problems most other QB's in the league would have. He has strengths and weaknesses like all other qb's and he even has a little bit of potential for improvement. I don't see why we need to judge the career of a 24 year old in his 3rd season. He could be better; he could also be worse. The Jets are bad on offense this year and he isn't overcoming the issues nor is he helping the Jets get over them. So, should we look to replace him? I'm not sure i understand what people want?

I think it would be an interesting experiment to see great QB's behind this line. Brady, Brees, Manning, Rivers...we've seen them all struggle in the face of serious pressure.

these guys have all played behind worse lines. Phillip Rivers won 14 games behind Marcus McNeal and 4 average players.

when the QB leads the league in turnovers it's not just the OL's fault or the OC's fault.

I think he can play better than he has the last 4 weeks.

maybe teams are more willing to blitz Mark because he's not advanced enough of a passer to make teams pay for their blitzes.

whatever he's gotta sort it out. Im hoping for a big bounceback in Foxboro.

these guys have all played behind worse lines. Phillip Rivers won 14 games behind Marcus McNeal and 4 average players.

when the QB leads the league in turnovers it's not just the OL's fault or the OC's fault.

maybe teams are more willing to blitz Mark because he's not advanced enough of a passer to make teams pay for their blitzes.

Were they giving Rivers 1 second pocket protection ? If so that's mighty impressive.

End of the day does not matter which name is on the OL if they play collectively well as a group and give the QB an opportunity to throw life is good.

Not worse than this years line and not worse than this years running game. Names or "no names" dont imply how well a line plays as a unit.

Sanchez's big blunder was the pick 6 at the start of the 2nd half.

The rest of the night he was getting the crap kicked out of him like he has for most of the year. He has some inexcusable picks this year but the main issue is the line or lack of one.

if Mark Sanchez were a free agent what would he be worth on the open market?

would you want him QBing the Jets?

When you put it that way, Bit...

Consider how much criticism has been lofted at other teams' QB's prior to the start of the season (Rivers, Schaub, Hasselbeck, Campbell, Fitzpatrick, Freeman, Flacco, etc.). I'd be surprised if even 1 of Sanchez's most loyal current homers here would want him within 100 miles of the Jets' huddle had someone else drafted him instead.

When you put it that way, Bit...

Consider how much criticism has been lofted at other teams' QB's prior to the start of the season (Rivers, Schaub, Hasselbeck, Campbell, Fitzpatrick, Freeman, Flacco, etc.). I'd be surprised if even 1 of Sanchez's most loyal current homers here would want him within 100 miles of the Jets' huddle had someone else drafted him instead.

What? Jets fans are super-objective. Ask Kerry Rhodes, or Leon Washington.

Keep making excuses . He looks at one receiver and freezes. Denial isn't a river in Egypt

true about picking the receiver before the ball is snapped i see it every game.. but he barely had time because of the Oline, if they gave him a chance to throw and IF the receivers could get somewhat open maybe they can make a decent drive down the field

Archived