*****Mafia Game Thread: The Matrix*****

JustInFudge

Checking in again. I still like my vote on Verbal. I have to pull a Vic and get personal.

Actually, I followed the Vic's footsteps and will be a dad again. *thanks in advance* But unlike Vic, we're going with the matching pair and are having a girl. My wife is 6 months. Well, what does that have to do with mafia? It's been a crazy weekend finishing setting up the basement (we had it redone to move stuff down there) and am moving my son into the guest room so the baby can have son's old room.

Soooo, spent all day painting guest room and took a break to want the Jets disappoint again. Going furniture shopping tomorrow and do other stuff (we're off for Columbus Day) and will try to check in before the deadline. I'll move my vote if necessary.

Congrats man. Since it's a girl, you have an excuse for not raising her as a Jets fan, so just don't do it. There's no reason to abuse a poor innocent child like that.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news my fellow mafia tards... the football season is almost over, then we can be back in the full swing of mafia greatness. Ho hum.

Soon enough our days will be filled with nothing but draft talk and mafia goodness... can't wait!

On that note, how sad is it that today I managed to get myself into a debate with one of my friends about to which degree the Giants' suckttitude is less than that of the Jets?

Soon enough our days will be filled with nothing but draft talk and mafia goodness... can't wait!

On that note, how sad is it that today I managed to get myself into a debate with one of my friends about to which degree the Giants' suckttitude is less than that of the Jets?

Oy.

I've chosen to take the high road myself. I had my best friend, his wife, my God Daughter and their new little one here visiting me this weekend - I consider them family. So, when I get asked about the Jets by all the Pats fans I'm surrounded by, I'm simply responding "Ha. I'd be lying if I said I expected any other outcome to that game... anyway, I spent my weekend hanging with my God Daughter, we went here, there, everywhere, etc."

Only the classless ones persist in trying to talk trash, the rest see that I get that family is more important than one game - and they leave it alone. I surround myself with the latter, the ones that get it. The rest can go kick rocks, they are no different than many miserable Jets fans that need to live vicariously though blabbering about their team. One day there will be no more Tom Brady, and they will hop right back off the bandwagon... but the friends I have, they'll still be fans who understand the ebb and flow of success in the NFL, and know better than to gloat, because everything comes full circle. In fact, many of my Pats fan friends root for the Jets - because they know the Jets getting better is going to be the only thing that pushes the Pats to stay competitive, well... until the Bills suddenly became relevant.

Oy.

I've chosen to take the high road myself. I had my best friend, his wife, my God Daughter and their new little one here visiting me this weekend - I consider them family. So, when I get asked about the Jets by all the Pats fans I'm surrounded by, I'm simply responding "Ha. I'd be lying if I said I expected any other outcome to that game... anyway, I spent my weekend hanging with my God Daughter, we went here, there, everywhere, etc."

Only the classless ones persist in trying to talk trash, the rest see that I get that family is more important than one game - and they leave it alone. I surround myself with the latter, the ones that get it. The rest can go kick rocks, they are no different than many miserable Jets fans that need to live vicariously though blabbering about their team. One day there will be no more Tom Brady, and they will hop right back off the bandwagon... but the friends I have, they'll still be fans who understand the ebb and flow of success in the NFL, and know better than to gloat, because everything comes full circle. In fact, many of my Pats fan friends root for the Jets - because they know the Jets getting better is going to be the only thing that pushes the Pats to stay competitive, well... until the Bills suddenly became relevant.

I hear you, and that's certainly the right way to play it. I wish I had an excuse not to watch or discuss this team sometimes. lol. I definitely would never let this team be a priority over any actual important things in my life, that's for certain.

The funny thing is this debate wasn't even a matter of high road vs low road, as it wasn't even a real argument of "your team sucks"... "no your team sucks"! It was more of a matter "we both know that both of our teams suck, I'm just curious, what is your opinion on how much my team sucks vs yours?" As far as the Bills being relevant, my last point to my friend was actually that when both the Bills and Redskins are clearly superior teams within their respective divisions, you know there's some serious f'n problems.

I hear you, and that's certainly the right way to play it. I wish I had an excuse not to watch or discuss this team sometimes. lol. I definitely would never let this team be a priority over any actual important things in my life, that's for certain.

The funny thing is this debate wasn't even a matter of high road vs low road, as it wasn't even a real argument of "your team sucks"... "no your team sucks"! It was more of a matter "we both know that both of our teams suck, I'm just curious, what is your opinion on how much my team sucks vs yours?" As far as the Bills being relevant, my last point to my friend was actually that when both the Bills and Redskins are clearly superior teams within their respective divisions, you know there's some serious f'n problems.

Haha... that last line is so true.

Oh well. This week when we lose to the Dolphins, that'll hopefully be the moment in which this franchise turns the page on Schotty. I'd like to see what this offense, Sanchez, can do with a different coordinator.

At this point we're so bad, we could ONLY beat the Jags. The Cowboys beat themselves, they had our number too. We are one of the worst teams in the league right now, without question. I'm hoping for a good draft pick, a reality check, a new OC and less blabbering Rex. I want him to also take the next step as a HC, I think he's gotten too comfortable leaning on what we did last year and the year before. Your team doesn't improve by you simply saying, "we'll be there in the end, look what we did the past 2 years".

Just a reminder...we started this game to escape from the Jets. Please refrain from talking about the Jets and the misery that accompanies them in this thread.

Deadline tonight at 10pm

If there is some good conversation, I might give you a 24 hour extension. I could see why folks wouldnt want to come around after a 3 game skid.

Just a reminder...we started this game to escape from the Jets. Please refrain from talking about the Jets and the misery that accompanies them in this thread.

Deadline tonight at 10pm

If there is some good conversation, I might give you a 24 hour extension. I could see why folks wouldnt want to come around after a 3 game skid.

Sorry bro - I'm just basking in the afterglow of hanging with my God Daughter all weekend. Game on... as you wish.

Oy.

How is King Kong doing? Is he totally over the Empire State Building fiasco?

sounds like someones gearing up for the super duper reveal with a dash of bulletproof vest. :cool0044:

Get out of my head mule!

Actually, I just wanted to know what the competing trains are you dope. This way, when you guys lynch me and I flip town, there are multiple trains to look at... because unlike Doggin, I don't think there's any information to be gained from the copout lynch on me that you nudged last week.

BOO!!

I have a couple friends who complain about how slow the people at DM move. The games seem to drag and nobody post anything. Sure glad that sh*t doesn't happen here.

BOO!!

apparently we posted at the same second Crush.. I was thinking the same thing.

lets just cleanse ourselves of the Ape and move on.. First Ape, then CTM.

So Pac, you want to kill me for wanting to get the game going eh? That's funny.

Anyway, I have to assume you are either 1.) being a dick, 2.) nudging my train to see who'll hop on it because "it's a trap", or 3.) being a scummy pig.

I'm going for a lot of #1 and a little of #2, so I'm not going to bother defending to you anymore... however, the other pigs that voted me owe an explanation.

Your thirst for my blood is hurtful sensei.

I am off to class until 530 pacific, i'll be back on from then until the deadline.

Unvote Doggin

Figures he unvotes Doggin now... I was just going to point out how scummy it is that Brett buried a meaningless vote on a guy that nobody was going to vote off on D1 given his absence for a holiday.

I'm sure Brett will be happy to vote me later though.

Archived