Michael Irvin says... Sanchez will get benched today.

THE ILK

Bench him for who? Dude, it's like this team doesn't even have a back-up. They have an assistant QB coach who happens to wear a uniform on Sundays.

This, if there was anyone on the roster worth giving a shot to, it might be a reasonable assertion, but there's not. So we'll just ride out Sanchez until another celebrity QB comes around.

Simms basically said Sanchez when given time has been very good while Boomer countered that he has regressed this year.

I am somewhere in the middle as I think our line ,running game and horrible passing routes have hurt him while he has also throen behind his receivers and locked down on them as well while another WR was wide open. Someone said n the FAN that he has been shaken since the Baltimore game where he was beat up pretty good.

IF you take away the two games without Mangold, Mark has been good (NOT GREAT)good enough to win. Without Mangold he doe NOT have a chance. Give him time to throw, receivers who run good routes and a decent running game...he will win. AND let's talk aboout the right tackle HUNTER he was terrible the first four games!!!!!

Simms basically said Sanchez when given time has been very good while Boomer countered that he has regressed this year.

It's interesting listening to these two former QB's talk about QB's. Simms is almost always glass half full on everyone. It's as if he heard enough from the media when he was a QB, remembers how it feels, and doesn't want to pile on.

Boomer's the opposite. He's almost always critical. It's as if he heard too much from the media when he was a QB, and now wants to make sure these new younger, richer QB's don't escape the same crap he had to face.

Simms is right that Sanchez has looked a lot better the last two games, and Boomer's right that they scaled back the offense in those two games. Bottom line is that Sanchez needs to get better in a way that allows the Jets to open the offense up, and the 3 & outs have to come to a screeching halt.

As others have said, Sanchez will not get benched because there is no point. Absolutely no reason to put Brunell in the game and O'Connell is a joke. While I still don't think they'd be making the move anytime soon, part of you wonders if this team ends up eliminated from playoff contention late in the season if they'll regret having thrown McElroy on IR.

As others have said, Sanchez will not get benched because there is no point. Absolutely no reason to put Brunell in the game and O'Connell is a joke. While I still don't think they'd be making the move anytime soon, part of you wonders if this team ends up eliminated from playoff contention late in the season if they'll regret having thrown McElroy on IR.

Nah. Much as I'd like to, you don't pull the plug on Sanchez yet. He gets one more year to be horrible, then you move quickly.

Problem is, Sanchez, much like he who will not be named, makes enough decent plays to keep his job and keep this team just out of reach while he's around.

Nah. Much as I'd like to, you don't pull the plug on Sanchez yet. He gets one more year to be horrible, then you move quickly.

Problem is, Sanchez, much like he who will not be named, makes enough decent plays to keep his job and keep this team just out of reach while he's around.

Oh, I don't think they'd do a damn thing until the season was essentially over, but if Sanchez doesn't show any improvement and the games are essentially meaning nothing, you have to think they'd at least consider giving the kid a shot, especially after how well he played in the preseason. Who the hell knows though, at this point there's nobody on the roster worth a damn for the Jets to even consider that about now, so it's moot.

The difference is that his shoulder is fully intact so far.

Michael Irvin has clearly been snorting cocaine again
Based on his wardrobe choices and constant screaming incoheremt babble, he never stopped using coke. Word of advice to all; don't watch any pregame shows. They're mostly crap.

LOL. That's what 1 good half of football will do for you.

That, 2 AFC Championship games in 2 seasons and having a 2:1 TD:INT ratio this season.

He's a good young QB who is improving. He won us the game today when he could have folded after the rough start.

DAT IMPROVING!

Archived