Rex Ryan to play Pats fan in Adam Sandler movie!

JetsFanInDenver

This is just going too far! It would be better if he focused his energy on coaching the JETS!

Article:

Maybe Rex Ryan will get to kiss Bill Belichick’s Super Bowl rings after all.

The brash-talking Jets coach plays, of all things, a New England Patriots fan in an upcoming movie starring Adam Sandler. NFL Network’s Rich Eisen revealed the news on his Thursday podcast that featured Sandler.

Ryan plays a Boston lawyer in “I Hate You, Dad,” which was filmed in Massachusetts last summer.

It’s not Ryan’s first rodeo on the acting scene. Ryan and general manager Mike Tannenbaum had cameos on an episode of “CSI: New York” earlier this year. “He’s my lawyer,” Sandler told Eisen. “My character . . . is kind of a dirtbag guy and he’s in trouble. Rex is an inexpensive lawyer in town. He takes care of me. He’s also a mammoth Patriots fan in the movie.”

Ryan as a Patriots fan?

“We wrote it in the script,” Sandler said. “He was great enough to be loose and funny about it. He talks about (Tom) Brady. He talks about Coach Belichick. He’s really cool.”

As expected, Ryan was fully prepared to take on the role.

“I saw him in the hotel in the morning going to the set,” Sandler said. “I saw Coach running lines with two nice girls that work for the Jets. Just seeing the coach in the lobby doing his lines and memorizing them, closing his eyes. Then he put on a suit. Kind of a goofy suit. And he did great. . . . He did nail it.”

Sandler, a die-hard Jets fan, also denied rumors that he played a role in trying to recruit prized free agent Nnamdi Asomugha in the offseason. “I don’t think I would have been the go-to guy for that,” Sandler cracked.

To listen to Sandler’s full interview with Rich Eisen, visit http://richeisen.nfl.com

A couple of Sandler's early movies were pretty funny, but that said I would certainly concede Murphy had a far better early career. Perhaps he's more of a white, poor man's, Eddie Murphy.

How ironic (I kid, I kid).

IMO, Waterboy was good.

And, Sandler made SNL when he as there.

Oh my... look what I started.

And what, no love for Beverly Hills Cop or Coming to America?

The easy answer for me is that young Sandler has made some good movies while young Eddie has made some great movies.

But jumped the shark a long time ago.

Archived