Could McElroy Be Our Next Starter?

TNJet

Whats your thoughts on Greg for the future on this team? One thing I do know from watching the SEC all my life is that the kids a winner, and never beats himself or his team with mistakes. McElroy starting for jets with less turnovers,plus good defense, and running game = Jets win? Thoughts?

Whats your thoughts on Greg for the future on this team? One thing I do know from watching the SEC all my life is that the kids a winner, and never beats himself or his team with mistakes. McElroy starting for jets with less turnovers,plus good defense, and running game = Jets win? Thoughts?

Piss.....on the floor after missing the toilet bowl completely. Thats what I think about it. Sanchez is the future of this team.

If McElroy hadn't gotten injured, he'd be next weeks starter, I believe.

Watching him in preseason, I came to the conclusion that he is more poised even as a rookie than Sanchez is now and could win the starting job. I was dissed unmercifully on another jets forum for having the audacity to question Sanchez or Ryan's insufferable, overblown evaluation of his QB's worth.

I've seen this kid play a lot and believe this could actually happen. Was stunned he ws there in the 7th Doubt it's next year though. He was an excellent college QB.

Be warned though he is Penny, but taken in the 7th not the first Arm about the same strength as Pennington's before the shoulder injury.

If this happens it will be fun around here

Sounds like a testament for Tebow. And we all know how good he is. In closing, I like McElroy. He reminds me of Pennington, with less damage.

Sure, why not. Ive always said the Jets are one of those teams that could lose their starting QB and not make much or a difference.This is not Green Bay losing Rodgers, Colts losing Manning(hows that going)?.or Brees&Brady out for their teams. Sanchez will never be more than what he is,a Tony Romo, Jeff Garcia type QB who shows flashes, but then ruins all that with bonehead throws that lose the game. Every game is a mystery with Sanchez, who ya gonna get each game. That is no way a so-called franchise QB should play. Last nites game was a perfect example. With the way the defense played, all he had to do is score a couple touchdowns, run the ball & game over against an awful Denver team with a Don Bosco offense.His throws were awful, I really dont know what the **** he does during the week at practice. This years Jets team took a couple steps back from the previous two years,and Sanchez looks like hes stuck in the mud. Why cant the Jets draft the next Jim Kelly! Im getting tired of this skittish little QB, I want a big pocket passer with a cannon arm.Next year should be the barometer to see if Sanchez fits into the future with this team. As for McElroy, hes been a winner at every level and appears to be a more NFL ready QB than Tebow,but thats a shot in the dark right now.The question is how much worse could he be than Sanchez.

True but I did always notice Greg having the ability to check down, and look at the second option from time to time at Alabama. Sanchez struggles with that often.

hey, mark drives me nuts, I'm just saying we can't lay this all at his feet. when it's this bad, it's not just one guy

Archived